Author Topic: Less is more  (Read 3432 times)

catrynn

Less is more
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2014, 08:17:29 PM »
Yes indeed.  Thank you all for sharing.  And thank you SwamiX for your very wise words.  In a culture where we frequently learn mentally with books, it is quite another thing learning from experience.  Perhaps the trick it to be physically aware enough in the present moment, to be able to feel what is going on and wise enough to know what to do about it if things get too strong.

BlueRaincoat

Less is more
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 04:10:23 AM »
Hello guys

Similar outlook from here SwamiX. It seems like I'm never going to move beyond DM and SBP. And very moderate amounts of SBP at that. I did mulabandha & shambhavi as automatic yoga very briefly and told myself to stop as it was overloading me. With siddhasana I get spaced out very quickly - my head starts swimming after about 20 seconds and I get massive overload. I've stopped craving the more advanced techniques because I'm changing pretty fast as it is. I'm in no doubt I'm making progress, which is all that matters.

So yes, prescribing a schedule of practices for everyone is close to impossible.
On the other hand, one has to recognise AYP is safer than other methods that get you to work directly on the crown.
At the end of the day it is much better to have these methods available and know they have to be applied with caution than have no method at all. The lessons are so empowering - you understand what does what. And being able to get an overview of the whole method was really useful to me. My first yoga school had this approach of drip-feeding techniques, but I had no idea what they were supposed to do and how they fitted together. When I stopped going to those classes I was left unable to manage my practice on my own.

And yes, I agree with Dogboy, this forum is great for self-pacing tips and reminders.

Best wishes to you all [3]