Author Topic: Less is more  (Read 3431 times)

maheswari

Less is more
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 07:54:25 PM »
quote:
@maheswari,

how is it going with your added nadi sodhana routine? :)

it feels better [:)] it seems we have to keep a bit of the entire combo to make things smooth...ie a bit of asanas, bit of pranayama , bit of meditation[;)]

maheswari

Less is more
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 05:36:15 PM »
and this morning i restarted amaroli [:D] it seems that the major overload i had in late 2012 is getting smoother...i am slowly able to add practices
still i do only 1 sitting (built gradually over months) as follows:
15 min asanas
3 min sbp
15 min breath meditation.
10 min samyama
10 min rest
will give amaroli practice several weeks to settle down cause i remember from previous experience that it is a very powerful practice
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:31:07 PM by maheswari »

maheswari

Less is more
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 05:43:56 PM »
an update on the above
the 1 sitting in the evening is stable ( doing also 5 min SBP not 3 only)
amaroli is stable too

this morning, for the first time since 2012, i started to rebuild slowly a morning practice
i started with 3 min DM followed by 3 min rest
but i had a headache![:D]
if i get a headache tomorrow too, then i will switch to 5 mim breath mediation in the morning and slowly build up from there
[:)]
TGIIY

Holy

Less is more
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2014, 08:03:23 AM »
Hey sounds good! Hope is rising, thanks for your endurance! :))

peace

jonesboy

• http://community.livingunbound.net/
Less is more
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 05:11:04 AM »
How do you know if you are doing to much? It seems things are changing for me and it is not always easy. Kinda going through a period where I am not sure.

My day is filled with a light headed floating sensation. I can still concentrate, I am happy and my days are good. It is not the same as an overload air head sensation (been there [:p] ) but is that normal? Is that a sign that I should be cutting back?

I was doing:
5 min heart chakra
5 min SBP
20 min DM
5 min Samyama
10 min rest
4 rounds of Sun Salutations in the morning.

I thought that maybe it was the heart chakra that was maybe causing my head stuff but I have not been doing it for the last week and thats not it. I stripped everything down to just DM and it is still there.

So it is either normal or DM is just to much. I know I am very sensative to the energy side of things. I tried 10 mins of SBP and overloaded just the other day. The reason I am not sure is I had a lot of this head stuff prior to my Witness experience which makes me assume it is related and things are being worked on.

lol, as you can see I am not sure of my direction because I don't know. I am about to call it a break and do TPP for round 2. Maybe that will give me some of my answers.

lalow33

Less is more
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 06:30:24 AM »
Hi jonesboy,

Any new herbs, supplements, meds?  

I would try some very simple grounding like adding horse stance to the asana routine.

jonesboy

Less is more
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 06:51:33 AM »
No new meds or herbs. I was doing asana on a regular basis but I suffered a hernia playing water volleyball. It has been almost two months now and I am going to give it a shot this week. The girth of my belly says I need it [:I]

After a full routine I feel grounded but I also can get a killer buzz afterwards also. Contradictory I know.

jonesboy

Less is more
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »
Oops I got it. I think I figured it out. Crown opening.

Sorry to have high jacked the thread. [:I]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:32:42 AM by jonesboy »

maheswari

Less is more
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »
quote:
How do you know if you are doing to much?

when in daily life i get too anxious, tears, when i feel dead, body aching all over, extremely tired, too bloated and extreme dry mouth

NewbieGG

Less is more
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »
Another interesting discussion . As a amateur in yoga I probably have nothing to add here , but as spiritual man I dare to write for my thoughts can be thoughts of God :)  I started first meditations one year ago - according to instructions i had to do it at least 108 times to achieve a result . On the 10th sitting my kundalini moved ( sexual erection , sense of pleasure and feeling that my head is plugged in a source of energy ) . That much it took , just 10 meditations 15 minutes each!!! After that the reading started - yoga books , interviews with gurus on youtube etc. because i had to choose a direction . Then i red Lao Tzu and that was it "less is more" , my intuition was clear and loud " this is your way " . So led by that i was doing random yoga practices 10-15 minutes 2-3 times a week  with long periods(sometimes months) of doing nothing just because i felt like that . Almost nothing isn't it :) .  Now the result - every 2-3 months my K was rushing through each of my chakras one after another also rushing through some blockages out of chakras too. Another thing i had to stand was just random connecting to very very high energy so well calculated near my survival capacity :) . Finally few weeks ago( after one week yoga retreat with tons of mantras sang )one night my crown opened at midnight in half- sleep condition and i had the choice to go or not in what is referred as "samadhi" ( which is like - to jump in this unknown abyss or not ) for some reason i jumped in .The next day i had the worst ever kundalini near death experience which took one month to calm down and now i am almost fine . Like you see in my case the Less was definitely More  :)
  All this led me here bothered with the question would it be smoother for my poor body-mind with regular sadhana rather than let K do all the job it self and focusing and mastering the grounding strategies !!! :)

maheswari

Less is more
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 04:51:25 PM »
hello dear
allowing K to do all the job is not a wise choice, K can be very crazy, it will "burn" you so to speak
your inner intution for "less is more " is what you have to do now...lots of self pacing , grouding exercises etc...

catrynn

Less is more
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 01:35:00 AM »
I have read this thread with great interest.  I would like to know if anyone here has been only following Yogani and AYP and practising as he suggests.  I would like to know if the inbalance so many report that makes practise difficult, is a part of AYP in general or is it because other ways have been followed using different techniques before arriving at AYP?  Has anyone following AYP not had any problems of inbalance or doing too much? What sort of percentage of AYP followers come into this last category?

Dogboy

Less is more
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2014, 02:58:20 AM »
Fifteen months into AYP and I'm relatively problem free (that rhymes!). My sessions (SB, DM, samyama) in total are 20 min, and sometimes once a day. I build asanas and spiritual reading into my daily life so I shorten meditation so I won't have problems. So far so good.

SwamiX

Less is more
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2014, 09:02:12 AM »
I have been following the AYP path for a little over 5 years – I do deep meditation and spinal breathing.  I have periodically had to scale back on the SB (either by dropping it for a period of time or cutting back on the number of rounds).  I have mediated every day during this 5 year period.  The overload issues have been pretty minor – I get slightly irritable or my jaw clenches up during meditation.

What makes AYP tricky, I think, is that Yogani has laid out this series of powerful practices and it’s easy to let your desire to move forward get the best of your judgment. As he noted somewhere on this site, in the old days these practices were most likely handed out very sparingly.  This is why he rightly puts an enormous amount of emphasis on self-pacing.  

When I first encountered AYP, I thought, well, I will add practice X and in a month or two I will add practice Y, etc. I hit a wall pretty fast.  What also makes it complicated is that there must be tremendous variation in how much practice is too much.  Currently I do 2/3 rounds of SB and then meditate.  This places me right on the edge of overload.  This alone has been sufficient, in my case, to activate kundalini – sensations of heat and coolness radiating through my back, hot sensations along my spine, strange sensations in my forehead, etc.

I had a partial kundalini awakening in the 70s, which might partly account for why I am so sensitive to the practices- but I don’t know that. He states that every one of us has a “unique matrix of obstructions”, which is no doubt also true and would account for the variation in what people can handle.  It truly is an “experienced based” practice, since you have to adjust your practices based on your experiences rather than work with some arbitrary timetable in mind.

Dogboy

Less is more
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »
quote:
It truly is an “experienced based” practice, since you have to adjust your practices based on your experiences rather than work with some arbitrary timetable in mind.

"I concur". (Leonardo DiCaprio)

I think I am cautious because of this forum, an thankful to all the yogis before for sharing their tales. [/\]