Author Topic: I AM THAT with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj  (Read 3756 times)

parvati9

I AM THAT with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 10:04:48 PM »
former post deleted

It is with regret that I found it necessary to cancel the post.
Some things are too personal to share publicly.      

namaste

parvati    

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:02:05 PM by parvati9 »

karl

I AM THAT with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 07:19:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

former post deleted

It is with regret that I found it necessary to cancel the post.
Some things are too personal to share publicly.      

namaste

parvati    

Go on, put it back [}:)] there are many times when I have been embarrassed and uncomfortable with my writings. I have posted and then felt like I had betrayed something and exposed myself. I learned it is best to just 'hang it out there' we are all striving and no one is any different to anybody else. Go on and jump in, mess up, get embarrassed there is only you to care [:)]

AYPadmin

Re: I AM THAT with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2019, 12:41:14 PM »
onkarkumar31
India
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  01:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit onkarkumar31's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bourgo

quote:
Originally posted by karl

The problem is you are reading it explicitly and referencing the writer. It's not necessary, it does it's work regardless. Just like some rain refreshes plants and some rain drowns people, the rain is not inherently good or bad, it's just rain. This is the same with these books. Trying to analyse and understand is a pointless exercise, it's as pointless as trying to work out why the rain is the rain.

It took a while to realise this. Read it, put it on the shelf or give it away, it's work is done, no more will be found by trying to study it. The rain fell, it did what it needed to do and now go back to whatever it is you were doing. You already know the words as you received them because it is your world in which they appear, they are really your own creation.

Karl, do none of the contradictory statements of a claimed jnani tarnish your view of him?

For instance, in one part he says there is no such thing as purpose only randomness -- in fact he has an entire protracted conversation telling a questioner that there is no such thing as purpose. Then, in another conversation he says: "Let each act according to his nature. The ultimate purpose will be served in any case."

It is difficult to have faith in the validity of such a person when they seem a liar.

What I love about Nisargdatta maharaj is that he is a pure non dual person. He is a gyani and imparting this awareness to all.
There can't be any purpose of an illusion rather than keeping our awareness away from the true nature. He is talking about that. Also when he talks about ultimate purpose or principle, it points to the ultimate truth always.