Author Topic: khechari mudra sterilising snippers /nippers  (Read 883 times)

11jono11

khechari mudra sterilising snippers /nippers
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:43:14 AM »
Hello, just a wonder, how would you say is the best / safest way to sterilize cuticle snippers /nippers before cutting?

God bless

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 04:20:53 AM »
Just put them in boiling water for 10 minutes or so.  Don't forget to let them cool before using them though [;)]

Love!
[^]

11jono11

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 04:57:24 AM »
Thank you Carson [:)]

Om Shanti

alwayson2

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »
bleach, but then rinse it off

11jono11

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 03:45:08 AM »
My OCD hypochondria tendencies are coming up with this. I don't like the idea of bleach as it's toxic and you're not supposed to ingest (let alone get it in blood), not sure if I could be sure that it would have washed off. Is boiling not enough?

I have just boiled up (a few days ago) in soapy water, the snippers, then today I just bleached them, washed off thoroughly, then held them in the gas hob for a while though I am still apprehensive, that would of definitely killed any germs right? I have a very irrational fear of blood born viruses.

I just spoke to a tattoo parlor who said that they would cut it for me (but that it would bleed a lot) or that they could put a thin needle in it and that it (quite quickly) would eventually break.

Any more advice on this?

alwayson2

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by 11jono11

I just spoke to a tattoo parlor who said that they would cut it for me (but that it would bleed a lot) or that they could put a thin needle in it and that it (quite quickly) would eventually break.

Any more advice on this?

A tattoo parlor said they would cut your frenum?

That is a good idea.  Definitely do it.  Tell them to put a curved piercing needle behind your frenum and cut to that.  The problem is that there will be a big gaping hole.  So they have to either put stitches or you have to hold your tongue down for a couple of days until the edges fuse.  Don't ask me how I know this.

Chiron

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:10:30 PM »
I haven't sterilized my nippers in the past couple of years.  They look a little rusty now lol.

Remember you're not supposed to cut big chunks to make yourself bleed.  Just 1mm here and 1mm there.  Nothing should get into your blood stream, and even if it does, you have your good karma and your powerful practices to counter that [:p].
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:50:39 PM by Chiron »

alwayson2

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 01:56:05 AM »
Seriously the best thing is going to a dentist have them cut the whole thing.  Make sure the dentist sticks something behind the frenum to prop up the frenum, like a curved piercing needle.  If you do this you will see the frenum is a LOT more substantial then you think.  A lot of it is not visible until you do this.