Author Topic: Tingling and Spontaneous Shambhavi  (Read 669 times)

ak33

Tingling and Spontaneous Shambhavi
« on: June 20, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »
Hey guys, Its been a while since I reduced my DM to 10 mins twice a day with solar centering (due to third eye pressure). Recently, I get heavy tingling in my arms within 30 seconds of starting meditation. It turns into an electric shock sort of feel, pretty distracting. Recently, I was meditating and spontaneously went into shambhavi mudra, and it felt incredible. I don't know whether I should press on (the bhakti is very strong right now) or curb. Also, are the tinglings a sign of prana starting to move around?

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »
Did going into shambhavi increase your third eye pressure?
Do you do mulabandha?

ak33

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:31:34 PM »
No, I did not do mulabandha. It has not increased third eye pressure yet, but I might feel the effects tomororw.

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 11:32:41 PM »
OK, keep an eye on it [;)]... and back off if it does cause the pressure to increase.

At times, if it happens naturally, it can mean you are ready for it... and at times it can mean too much bhakti that needs self pacing. Only you will know.[:)]

The tingling in the arms, did it stop after your practice session? Try doing some arm stretches before you sit for practice. Also, lay your hands on your body or the ground and intend the excess energy to flow out (outside of meditation/practice time)... this helps at times. [:)]
[3]

jeff

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 12:47:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ak33

Hey guys, Its been a while since I reduced my DM to 10 mins twice a day with solar centering (due to third eye pressure). Recently, I get heavy tingling in my arms within 30 seconds of starting meditation. It turns into an electric shock sort of feel, pretty distracting. Recently, I was meditating and spontaneously went into shambhavi mudra, and it felt incredible. I don't know whether I should press on (the bhakti is very strong right now) or curb. Also, are the tinglings a sign of prana starting to move around?

Hi Ak33,

Sounds like things are progressing naturally and good things are happening. If things become painful (or disorientating) it is probably time to back off, but otherwise let things flow. Also, be sensitive to becoming "attached" to the tingles and vibrations.

Best wishes, Jeff

ak33

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 08:14:13 AM »
Thanks for the response everyone. Shanti, yes the tingling stops after my sadhana. I will try the exercises. Thank you Jeff, I will watch out for that.