Author Topic: Spinal Breathing  (Read 727 times)

ak33

Spinal Breathing
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:24:49 AM »
Hey guys,

As I am new on this forum, I want to thank everyone for this wonderful resource, which has so many helpful comments on many questions that spiritual seekers have. I have been doing AYP Deep Meditation for about one month, and I am fairly stable in the practice. I think it is time to introduce 5 mins of SBP prior to my 20 min DM. Firstly, does SBP help awaken kundalini. I am not asking because that is my goal, but because I have read some horrific kundalini stories here and there. So what are the risks I should be aware of when taking on this practice?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:25:31 AM by ak33 »

woosa

Spinal Breathing
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 03:17:56 AM »
Hi ak33

It sounds like you are doing really well. And taking it easy - not adding loads of practises at once (like I did [:o)]).

SBP will help awaken your kundalini and it will probably be a gradual and safe process.

It would be best to read the lesson on Self-Pacing as you will know when cut down your practice if it becomes uncomfortable. http://www.aypsite.com/plus/38.html

I wouldn't worry about some of the horror stories on the internet. With AYP it is a very stable and easy process of awakening kundalini. Those guys probably didn't know much about Self-Pacing.

All the best!

ak33

Spinal Breathing
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 04:51:59 AM »
Thanks woosa, I will add SBP soon. Do I have to be sitting cross-legged or is on a chair fine (as long as my back is erect)?

Victor

Spinal Breathing
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 06:40:16 AM »
Siddhasana is ideal, cross legged on a cushion is very good and sitting on a chair is fine to begin.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Spinal Breathing
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 07:47:36 AM »
Hi Ak33

For sitting see this lesson:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/33.html

Siddhasana is an advanced practice so it could be best to leave that until you get to it in the lessons.

Christi

ak33

Spinal Breathing
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 12:24:00 AM »
Thank you Christi
For my morning session, I usually do DM on the bus. Is it safe to do SBP on a kinda shaky bus?

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Spinal Breathing
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:48:05 AM »
Hi ak33,

Yes, you can do your practices on a bus, no problem. You may not be able to go as deep because of the movement and vibration, but otherwise it is absolutely fine. In fact, at a certain stage during kundalini awakening, the vibrations that moving vehicles produce actually stimulates prana in the body, so SBP is taken to a higher level.