Author Topic: practises for entering stage 2 khechari  (Read 4011 times)

fcry64

practises for entering stage 2 khechari
« on: November 27, 2009, 07:58:35 PM »
for stretching teh tongue:

1)pulling it out by grabbing teh tip with a cotton cloth, putting some ghee on it prior to that and swaying it from side to side also - is side to side necessary, also during teh swaying from side to side, is it advisable to brush teh frenum against teh lower teeth?

2)doing the same as above but milkin it by grabbin it from teh base n movin along to teh tip, massaging teh tongue that way with each slide, alternatively with each hand - like swami sivananda puts it(am i right about milking?)

3)talavya/talabhya/talabya kriya - should ghee be used during talavya kriya? 200-500 reps as it was put up in some topic? also puttin hot water on the tongue helps in gettin a good stretch?

4)pushing out teh tongue as far as possible n then tugging on it. also up towards teh nose or down towards teh chin n then tuggin on it. also holdin it at that posn for a while.
also "I warm it up a bit, the bottom part of the tongue, and then start to go at it. I first stick it out, and stretch straight out. I will alternate this every so often with straight down, just any stretch that helps me pull out more tongue so to speak." - from a forum topic(weird find) i came across as i googled for tongue lengthening
warmin teh bottom part helps?

5)"..when it is stretched (usually by grabbing the front part with a clean handkerchief (in order to prevent slipping) and gently pulling and twisting for a few minutes."
http://www.rainbowbody.net/Purity/Kriya.htm
twisting teh tongue?

6)read rounded tongs or a special tongue pulling tong can be used to draw the tongue out n milk it
is this better?

7)"A deep massage at the root/bottom of the tongue (not the top of the tongue) toward the bottom and back of the jaw as in jhiva kriya is of great benefit in lengthening the tongue and opening up the saliva glands.... Be sensitive to any bumps, swellings, adhesions, hard spots and so on massaging in a gentle circular motion....Also pushing the upper part of the tongue backwards with a clean index finger toward the uvula is both stimulating to the head region and also lengthens the tongue."
should i be addin this too?

8)"Get a glass Coke bottle, put it in your mouth and suck out all the air. Your tongue will automatically suck into the opening. Now, relax your mouth and the suction should hold the bottle on and give your tongue a very nice stretch. Work towards doing this with a full bottle and you might be able to compete with Gene Simmons." - from a forum topic(weird find) i came across as i googled for tongue lengthening
hows this?

9)first hold and massage, tehn use a clocth to pull n twist for a while?

10)KECHARI SOMA MANTRA
"HRIM BHAM SAM PAM PHAM SAM KSHAM"
use it? what is teh right pronounciation for pham - is is fam or paham as in that youtube video posted here.. he says paham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0cIiRUVWsY

11)pullin teh uvula forwards to let the tongue in? just wondering as it was posted here too.. i guess that wouldn't be appropriate tho

anybody has anything else to add here ?[B)]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:22:04 PM by fcry64 »

fcry64

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 06:07:35 PM »
somebody whoes gone thru advise me on teh talavya/stretching routine pls

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 01:31:29 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by fcry64

somebody whoes gone thru advise me on teh talavya/stretching routine pls

See if these topics help you:
'milking the tongue' and 'tooled talavya'
"tooled talavya kriya"

Also use the search option and look for the words "talavya" and "milking" (Match exact phrase) and you will find some more topics where this is discussed.

Hope these help.[:)]

fcry64

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 03:55:50 AM »
i read throughalmost all forum topics on this before posting. i thought maybe theres a routine to this that someone would let me know.

fcry64

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 07:25:47 PM »
http://www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.htm

Instructions On Mudras And Bandhas (from "Kundalini Yoga" by Sri Swami Sivananda)

4. Khechari Mudra should be done under the direct guidance of a Khechari Guru. Cutting the lower tendon should be carefully done at regular intervals. Aspirants may not be successful in this Kriya if they begin after 25 years of age when the muscles and nerves have become stiff.

do the muscles and nerves become stiff after 25 n teh khechari is not attainable?

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 11:49:32 PM »
quote:

http://www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.htm

Instructions On Mudras And Bandhas (from "Kundalini Yoga" by Sri Swami Sivananda)

4. Khechari Mudra should be done under the direct guidance of a Khechari Guru. Cutting the lower tendon should be carefully done at regular intervals. Aspirants may not be successful in this Kriya if they begin after 25 years of age when the muscles and nerves have become stiff.

do the muscles and nerves become stiff after 25 n teh khechari is not attainable?

Someone else posted that their guru said they could not start kechari till they were 75. It's funny how different people teach things that are completely opposite of each other.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=359&whichpage=12#60120
quote:
Originally posted by Lavazza

I asked my teacher if I should practice khecari mudra. He asked me how old I was and then said that I should wait. Wonder what is about? Anyway, I will wait.

quote:
Originally posted by Lavazza

quote:
Originally posted by Victor

You are 45 but not old enough for kechari? That's pretty funny. If your teacher knows you well and thinks that perhaps you are not ready for some reason then I don't want to argue but age 45 is pretty much old enough for anything (except perhaps retirement)

Well, his teacher gave him instructions 30-40 years ago about things that he should do some years ago when he was 75.

FWIW fcry, I started snipping for kechari when I was around 40 and it took me 6 months to reach stage 2. Before that I had zero interest in kechari. So I really don't think there is a right and wrong age for this. You will be drawn to this practice (your inner guru will guide you), and when you are ready, you will start practicing kechari.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 11:53:02 PM »
Hi Fcry64

quote:

10)KECHARI SOMA MANTRA
"HRIM BHAM SAM PAM PHAM SAM KSHAM"
use it? what is teh right pronounciation for pham - is is fam or paham as in that youtube video posted here.. he says paham

In Sanskrit, the Ph sound is an aspirated P, so it is the same as P only more breath comes out immediately after the P.

I don't practice Talavya so can't help you there.

Christi

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 05:42:52 AM »
Hi fcry64
quote:

This is not my experience....I had not heard of Kechari Mudra before the age of 27 and was able to acheive stage 2 by age 28 after snipping about 10-12(ish) times.....I found the most useful stretching exercise to be pushing the tongue back in the throat with my fingers until I could leave it there resting on the back edge of the soft palette.  I found stretching to give me much more length then snipping but that was just my experience.  I am pretty sure that anyone of any age, with the right set of stretching and snipping exercises can acheive Kechari stage 2 and higher.

Best of luck.

Love,
Carson[^]

fcry64

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »
thanks for teh replies shanti, christi, carzon :)

i really wanted to know how milkin is properly done n whether teh special 'tongue tongs' mentioned in the rainbowbody link are better. just basically wanted to sum up teh practises people or somethin.

eg .. pullin n twistin is also mentioned in teh links.. wat about it.. it was mentioned anywhere on teh forums .. so i pretty much put in all teh questions i had about attainin stage 2 in teh main post

Victor

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 04:27:32 PM »
I learned kechari in my 40s and didn't need to snip. I snipped lightly one time to see what it was like and then never repeated it as I was progressing nicely without. I am almost 49 now and kechari is pretty effortless now, and staying comfortably in stage 3 for an hour is no problem at all. My advice is just persevere and don't worry about age numbers but follow your inner guidance.

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 03:30:11 AM »
Hi Victor....you can stay comfortable in Stage 3 for an hour?!?  What about the saliva build up?  I always have to come out every so often to swallow....I guess I could wear a bib and drool all over myself, but that would just creep my meditation partners out even more! [;)]  Do you have any special techinques for dealing with saliva?

Love,
Carson[^]

Victor

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »
Carson, I just swallow the saliva as needed. Its ok to take the tongue out of kechari for a moment to swallow every once in awhile. This actually happens more often while using kechari for alternate nostril breathing in pranayama. There are more secretions that flow (not just saliva) so I do have to swallow it every once in awhile. What I mean is that I generally do about an hour practice in the morning (pranayama and mantra) and use kechari throughout, It really is quite comfortable now.

alwayson2

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »
I have been trying to get into kechari for two years

[}:)][}:)][xx(][V]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:47:16 PM by alwayson2 »

RSS

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 11:46:14 PM »
How do you know when your at stage 3?  Does the tongue stop or hit something and can't go any more?  I can follow the septum all the way up to where it takes a slight turn. At this point, if I move the tongue back an 1/8 or 1/4 inch I can touch the back of the nasal cavity.  I have not felt this boney protrusion that I have read about yet.

Victor

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 06:19:54 AM »
well, if there is no part of the nasal cavity that is out of the reach of your tongue with the exception of the inside of the nostril holes then you are in stage 3. Everybodys anatomy is slightly different as is how they would describe it to others