Author Topic: Kechari - Why tiny little snips?  (Read 3458 times)

lucidinterval1

Kechari - Why tiny little snips?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 12:12:40 AM »
Oli,
I would be interested to see the photos. Laser eh? Modern technology helping advance enlightenment of the earth! It's a beautiful time to be alive!
Paul

david_obsidian

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 01:24:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by brauniver

Hi

Today I have been by my dentist. She cut my frenum with a laser. You can feel the lasercut but there is not really pain. Even now after the cut there is no pain!

Hi Oli,

glad to be able to help,  and I find this development very interesting.

I'm curious -- How big is the wound,  approximately?   And how deep is the cut,  approximately?

-David

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 08:46:35 AM »
Yup, every morning.  It hurts just a tad, then by afternoon I've forgotten about it, and by bedtime it's healed, with no pain.  What I noticed is that if I leave it alone for a few days, the next time I snip, I'm just cutting away at the callous that's formed.  So by taking a few hacks every morning, I keep it going at a steady pace.  Yes, it hurts in the morning when I lift my tongue, but I do it anyway, as I don't want the cut to fuse back together during the afternoon.

meg

brauniver

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 09:02:40 PM »
Hi

Here http://wwwbrauniver.blogspot.com/ you can find images of the lasercut. (Click "Anzeigen" = show) The dentist cut about 2 cm frenulumskin.

At the moment Im not really able to do khechari. My tongue is moving only slow and with a lot of muscelpower. But for hours after the cut the flexibility has really increased. So I think I have to wait about one week and stop doing tongue exercises like milking etc to let the wound heal.

Fact is Im not able to levitate now and even being buried underneath wasnt great fun.

The advanteges of this practise is that I have saved time with this cut. With snipping it took me long time to come so far (2cm). But now on the rest of the journey there will be snipped.

Thanks to all guides and gurus

Cu
oli
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 02:16:24 AM by brauniver »

lucidinterval1

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 12:20:08 AM »
Oli,
The sight that you posted a link for requires a username and password.
Paul

brauniver

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 02:20:18 AM »
It should work now.

Victor

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 04:30:57 AM »
Those are some great pictures! That looks like a very good and thorough method. I bet once it heals in a couple of weeks you won't be able to see that there ever was a cut. Don't rush stretching it now. Let it heal and then practice every day. Its nice to feel that I won't be so lonely anymore with kechari practice!

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 05:59:40 AM »
Gag!  [xx(]  I think I'll stick to my boring ol' morning snip, thanks just the same.  Congratulations on the blood, Melissa.  Let me know when you start using the garden shears.

m

david_obsidian

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2005, 05:09:46 AM »
Hello Oli,

nice pics.  Your "before" picture shows a very definite frenal membrane,  which contrasts nicely with the other picture you put up,  in which the frenal membrane was almost gone.

It will be interesting to see how far you can stretch.

Anyone know yet if dentists in the US will do this without a "medical" reason?

Victor

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 06:11:08 AM »
my dentist said that he was willing to do it. Its all up to the individual dentist

brauniver

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2005, 10:49:14 AM »
To be honest, at the moment I can just do kechari at stage 1. In about one week I will start to milk and strech again and then I will see how it works.

Bernard

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2005, 06:25:10 AM »
Hari Om all of You!

first let me say how happy I am to be led here in this forum - recently I opened a thread in various german forums with the request, if there is anyone with experience in cutting the frenum as described in Hatha Yoga Pradipika, please let me know. I didn't expect so much, but there was an interesting answer from Oliver, which led me here finally. That much, thanks Olli!!
I tried to read everything from you all about this topic on this pages, also Yoginas commentraies, and i am really thrilled now and eager to treat my frenum as soon as possible.
But by looking in the mirror for to watch it all exactly, a little problem arouse. Suppose I am going to cut it by myself, I am not exactly clear about where to cut. Yes, I know, in the middle between tongue and bottom, but my anatomy shows me the frenum going down in two folds, very close nearby - hmm?!? I could make them one by sqeezing it with my fingers, but for to start snipping I want to be clear about every step, so what to do?

Hope my english is comprehensible,
thank you, om shantih,
Bernard

david_obsidian

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2005, 12:12:46 PM »
Hello Bernard,

Welcome to the board,  and I am glad you found this.

I'm not familiar with the frenum being in two folds.  But if it is,  it should not be a problem --- the usual instructions should still work fine ---  that is clip where the frenum  seems to be tautest when you stretch the tongue --- this will probably be one of the two.  If they are equal,  then clip either one of them.  (And you'll possibly notice the other being the tautest then on the next clipping.)  It's not an exact science,  but rather a practical craft,  so don't agonize over finding the tautest spot if none stands out -- if many points seem equally taut then they would be equally good.

Happy clipping!  I hope that is helpful.  [:)]

-David

quote:
Originally posted by Bernard

Hari Om all of You!

first let me say how happy I am to be led here in this forum - recently I opened a thread in various german forums with the request, if there is anyone with experience in cutting the frenum as described in Hatha Yoga Pradipika, please let me know. I didn't expect so much, but there was an interesting answer from Oliver, which led me here finally. That much, thanks Olli!!
I tried to read everything from you all about this topic on this pages, also Yoginas commentraies, and i am really thrilled now and eager to treat my frenum as soon as possible.
But by looking in the mirror for to watch it all exactly, a little problem arouse. Suppose I am going to cut it by myself, I am not exactly clear about where to cut. Yes, I know, in the middle between tongue and bottom, but my anatomy shows me the frenum going down in two folds, very close nearby - hmm?!? I could make them one by sqeezing it with my fingers, but for to start snipping I want to be clear about every step, so what to do?

Hope my english is comprehensible,
thank you, om shantih,
Bernard

« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 01:54:04 PM by david_obsidian »

ycloutier2000

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2005, 02:49:36 AM »
For those of you who are conisdering snipping, try putting some freshly powdered clove on the frenum for a few minutes.  Clove is a very effective topical anaesthetic.  It was used traditionally for toothaches because of its numbing properties.  Perhaps clove oil would work as well.  You can get clove oil at your local pharmacy, usually in the same section where all the bandages are.

brauniver

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2005, 09:37:58 AM »
In my case so far it didnt really hurt, but its good idea. I will try it.

Thanks