Author Topic: Crown to Root  (Read 2423 times)

kadak

Crown to Root
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 01:40:57 AM »
Hi that's very strange because I was sure I posted this in the topic "for the ladies". And now I find my post here. Maybe I'm becoming nuts...

Wolfgang

• http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de
Crown to Root
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 08:33:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kadak

Hi that's very strange because I was sure I posted this in the topic "for the ladies". And now I find my post here. Maybe I'm becoming nuts...

Then it is even more surprising that emc pointed to exactly the thread
you wanted it to be [:0][8D]

emc

Crown to Root
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 09:46:39 PM »
Not very surprising, Wolfgang. We are all one, and I am a medium. LOL! I know Kadak better than h..self! [:D][;)]

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
Crown to Root
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 11:02:50 PM »
sorry for opening up this post again after two years.

but just my 2cents on the subject out of my own experience and that of a realized suffi friend of mine the practice of bringing white light from god or the heavens down to the crown then to the body until the root really stabilizes everything and the activity of an open crown becomes less unstable.

but to be clear about this subject(and again out of experience,) AYP's spinal breathing pranayama practice from root to ajna than back down is the best solution for someone who is having problems with an over active crown.

light and love,

Ananda

Jo-self

Crown to Root
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 12:34:54 PM »
Ananda:

I hope no topic stays closed for long as there is wisdom to share.

Your post reminded me of a practice in the western mystical persuation called "The Tower of Light".  And, it is indeed very grounding.  
This page has a good explanation of this technique:  http://www.geocities.com/solaslite/Tower_of_Light.html

-- jo-self

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Crown to Root
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

but just my 2cents on the subject out of my own experience and that of a realized suffi friend of mine the practice of bringing white light from god or the heavens down to the crown then to the body until the root really stabilizes everything and the activity of an open crown becomes less unstable.

but to be clear about this subject(and again out of experience,) AYP's spinal breathing pranayama practice from root to ajna than back down is the best solution for someone who is having problems with an over active crown.

light and love,

Ananda

Thanks for your 2 cents Ananda[:)]
The person referred to in the first post has long since left the group and, as far as I know, is still engaging in hours of meditation practice using top down and crown opening methods. Her bhakti is fierce and she suffers the ups and downs of overload to a great degree. She is strong and has her own inner guru and will find her own way.

Christainity and others like Sri Aurobindo and the Sant Mat system seem to adopt the top down principle of spirituality. In terms of suffering through this however one only has to look at the principle of the Dark Night of the Soul to see that there is great pain involved in this path - the burning flame of love is a painful flame as it burns through the illusions and obstructions.

I often wonder how the practices of self-pacing and staying clear of the crown would affect this path - would it actually work, or is it necessary to delve to the depts of despair untill everything is abandoned, even God and life itself, in order to breakthrough and die.

I would be interested in knowing this, for the sake of the person in the first post and others I know with similar practices.

I agree with you Ananda that the safest way, especially when energy is moving, is to stay from root to brow and not go near the crown.

Some peole have to follow their own inner guru completely and being one of those in the early years, I know there is no talking to these people[8D]

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Crown to Root
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 11:10:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

Ananda:

Your post reminded me of a practice in the western mystical persuation called "The Tower of Light".  And, it is indeed very grounding.  
This page has a good explanation of this technique:  http://www.geocities.com/solaslite/Tower_of_Light.html

-- jo-self

Hi Jo Self
Just thought I'd say that we do this kind of thing in a circle of joined hands at the end of our AYP meditations. We found it more necessary for some than others. If we leave it out some people can be quite ungrounded after the experience of the group energy.

Ananda

Crown to Root
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 04:40:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

Ananda:

-- jo-self

hi jo,

the practice i do is more simplified but the end result kind of seems the same except the aura focus you guys do early on (that we let happen by itself in due time.)

thk you for chiming in brother.

namaste,

Ananda

Ananda

Crown to Root
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 05:30:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

light and love,

Ananda

Thanks for your 2 cents Ananda[:)]
The person referred to in the first post has long since left the group and, as far as I know, is still engaging in hours of meditation practice using top down and crown opening methods. Her bhakti is fierce and she suffers the ups and downs of overload to a great degree. She is strong and has her own inner guru and will find her own way.

Christainity and others like Sri Aurobindo and the Sant Mat system seem to adopt the top down principle of spirituality. In terms of suffering through this however one only has to look at the principle of the Dark Night of the Soul to see that there is great pain involved in this path - the burning flame of love is a painful flame as it burns through the illusions and obstructions.

I often wonder how the practices of self-pacing and staying clear of the crown would affect this path - would it actually work, or is it necessary to delve to the depts of despair untill everything is abandoned, even God and life itself, in order to breakthrough and die.

I would be interested in knowing this, for the sake of the person in the first post and others I know with similar practices.

I agree with you Ananda that the safest way, especially when energy is moving, is to stay from root to brow and not go near the crown.

Some peole have to follow their own inner guru completely and being one of those in the early years, I know there is no talking to these people[8D]

hello dear old Sparkle,

to be honest with you i was doing a lot of self enquiry the last month or so about pain and it's relation to bhakti and letting go.

and i went straight ahead with a lot of practices including those related with the crown but to some extent in moderation.

and guess what after it all?! i am really tired now[:D]

i was up in the mountains during the last two days and i was thinking to myself Mr. Ananda you have\\are one hell of an ego concerning the issue of enlightenment and you would like to become enlightened or realize your own true nature or at least be in a state you experienced for short periods of time where you could say you are bliss; you are joy; you are sugar and honey and everything nice (attachment to enlightenment [B)])

but to be honest with you brother Sparkle i said to myself i am fed up and i stopped caring whatever comes my way comes.

i am fed up with my ego and with looking for who i am or from where i am yatti yatta.

i already started doing a lot less of my practices during the last week it's just the basics with some crown practices and that's it except with deep meditation where i am doing half an hour now.

bhakti is here and it's crazy as always but i am tired of feeding it.

i feel like i am at a dead end and guess what i have been here before and good stuff usually happens after being here but bcz of being so much aware of the process this time i don't really know if anything will come out of it.

and i know that this is close to what is called rock bottom in the pursuit of spiritual enlightenment for one who does spiritual practices and a great place to be for someone who is into advaita or a path of devotion bcz of the story of surrendering.

but the hell with it all at least for today cz i am done, there is the feeling of being sick and tired of it all at the present moment and i just want to live awake and enjoy every moment in peace and wether alive or dead in the end perhaps i'll reach that which is so called enlightenment.

but then again i might wake up at 4:30 am tomorrow and start doing practices like a crazy bhakti again this is how my ego is playing games with me these days using my strongest weapons (bhakti and practices) against me "just at the moment of total surrender i'll get back into action."

sorry for the long post my good friend, i am letting go of some steam you may say.

maybe what i am going through is due to overloading and i need to do some self pacing for now and my body is automatically pointing me towards that who knows.

kindest regards,

Ananda

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Crown to Root
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 04:20:25 AM »
Hi Ananda dear brother

quote:
and i know that this is close to what is called rock bottom in the pursuit of spiritual enlightenment for one who does spiritual practices and a great place to be for someone who is into advaita or a path of devotion bcz of the story of surrendering.

but the hell with it all at least for today cz i am done, there is the feeling of being sick and tired of it all at the present moment and i just want to live awake and enjoy every moment in peace and wether alive or dead in the end perhaps i'll reach that which is so called enlightenment.
It is easy to write something like this, but behind it can be a great dept of pain.I hope you are ok?

Knowing about it doesn't help when in this space, all the knowing has to be given up, all ideas have to be given up, untill stripped bare of everything, all love, all spirit, all friendship, all knowledge, everything, and even then the very idea of all the above has to be given up and the idea behind that ......
And when you think you have given up everything within, give up this thought also, you might be very lonely, you don't even have God or inner silence or anything. You can practice and pray all you like and this will bring you deeper and deeper until it is unbearable, untill you are on the scrapheap of life. If you don't practice it is still unbearable and all you can do is reach out and cry for help.

It's not the path of AYP, but if you are there it is your path.

Ananda

Crown to Root
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 05:09:04 AM »
hi Sparkle,

it seems it is, and ayp is part of the whole.

about the pain oh yes there is pain indeed, a pain for a beloved who comes for a short time and then leaves me dry to suffer and ache for his presence even more but i accept that i can do nothing but accept it and surrender to his will cz i am his with or without my consent.

i am a big bhakti in case you haven't guessed it yet, i was very involved in christian and muslim suffism and still am to a certain degree and this path or search for enlightenment and it's experiences have chosen me by itself due to some life experiences starting my early childhood in the lebanese civil war where i had my first encounters with the state of witness.

i didn't come looking for this in the beginning but here i am now i got hooked.

about my personal life everything is going well, i can't complain actually i have it too good but as you know it isn't all there is it's just smthg complementary you enjoy things for a while or you desire things and when you have them wait a little and then you'll need some more or smthg new...

and i am thinking the same these days about all them samadhi and peak experiences and ecstatic bliss and ecstatic breath, they seem to be like something normal now not quite so unique and a prize as before.

and sometimes i feel so empty bcz of my practices but with no euphoria to add on to that emptiness.

so i am complaining and crying out for help on my spiritual path for smthg or someone a shortcut to heaven you may say (a magical bullet!)  

about surrendering, i can't do anything but to surrender cz i already did all i can and still am going to i won't give up.

thk you for the support my good friend, and sorry for being such a big nag these last two days i should look up to the people and saints who made huge sacrifices on their path and thk god for what i've been blessed with.

take care brother,

Ananda
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:15:12 AM by Ananda »

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Crown to Root
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 08:08:08 AM »
Hi Ananda

Yeah, life happens and when we are allowing that, things just flow, when we resist it with our thinking we suffer, such is life[:)]

quote:
and i am thinking the same these days about all them samadhi and peak experiences and ecstatic bliss and ecstatic breath, they seem to be like something normal now not quite so unique and a prize as before.

and sometimes i feel so empty bcz of my practices but with no euphoria to add on to that emptiness.
This is my experience also, the peaks have long since gone to be replaced with more subtle and delicate ways of being. So for me it is a balancing act to maintain the joy of the moment. Ultimately we have everything we need right here right now and it is being in this simple flow that all is required.
I make things so complicated with more and more research and this is also the happening of life for me. As life happens through me the so called service, which is just more happening, continues to come and it seems to be necessary to have more and more tools of understanding to go with this, and then these complications get into a tangle and I loose the flow for a while. Then the suffering that results from this brings me back again[:)]

quote:
so i am complaining and crying out for help on my spiritual path for smthg or someone a shortcut to heaven you may say (a magical bullet!)

Hehe!!, and as you know, the magic bullet is the simple joy of the present moment[:D]

quote:

thk you for the support my good friend, and sorry for being such a big nag these last two days

Nothing wrong with a good moan every now and again[:D], no need to apologise, its nice to be human on the forums[:)]

Namaste[:)]

Ananda

Crown to Root
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 06:18:20 PM »
Thk you for your kindness senior Sparkle,

those two days (sunday and monday) were really weird it's like i've been som1 else but thk god now it's back to the old contented me again.

you've hit bull's eye with that magic bullet of yours[:D].

and i would like to share a drawing which one of my very good friends shared with me on the occasion.
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9136/bhaktimeter.jpg

love (f),

Ananda

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Crown to Root
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »
Ha ha.. love the bhaktimeter [:D]... where do you find one of those?[:o)]

Glad your feeling yourself again Ananda.[:)]

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
Crown to Root
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 11:48:21 PM »
*laughing* thanks Ananda

I loved it too......the Bhaktimeter [:)]

Shanti:

quote:
Ha ha.. love the bhaktimeter ... where do you find one of those?

Always right under your nose, dear [:o)]