Author Topic: Technological helps for kundalini!?  (Read 2643 times)

Alvin Chan

Technological helps for kundalini!?
« on: October 31, 2006, 03:46:59 PM »
Hi all,

In one of my ealier post on ecstatic conductivity (http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=1634) some of you mentioned the Chi Machine. I think it would be nice to collect all the available, reasonably reliable products for stimulating/ smoothing out kundalini. (whether they are truely effective or not[:)])

First, my thoughts on a yoga practice which may be practiced more safely and effortlessly using technology (IF the original yoga practice does work, a big "IF"): there is a practice in kundalini yoga where the yogi sit in padamasana, lift himself up with his hands, and then bump his hip to his ground. This is said to be stimulating and can raise the kundalini. But every reasonably educated man will see the risks here. Now I am think about puting on a vibrator at the lower spine/hip bone. Or, if possible, at the perinium. Water therapy with emphazis on the lower spine/hip bone may be a better but less convenient choice.

What do you guys think?

Now, my thoughts on the Chi machine.

I knew the Chi Machine when I was a kid, and some of my family members are still using it from time to time. But I was then skeptical of its effects and didn't use it for more than 5 times.( By the way, my family doesn't seem to have a awakened kundalini, nor did they report any special experiences.)

I may give it some try again in the near future. Here is my thought NOW: Part of its effects may be (just may be) explained by the change in blood flow, and the sudden contrasts felt by your nerves when you end your session. If you try placing your fingers onto a really fast vibrating machine for a few minutes, you will feel the same thing at your hand and fingers.

If you come up with any thoughts, or if you know any other technological aids for yoga practices, please share with us!

Alvin

p.s.
This post seems fit equally well into the science and yoga forum, I am putting it here just because of the greater attention it will get here!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 06:03:01 PM by Alvin Chan »

lucidinterval1

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 08:40:06 PM »
Hi Alvin,

I had previously posted about the "Chi Machine". I suppose that the reason that it produces ecstatic conductivity is that it make you very relaxed (which is when kundalini is most prominent) and that it is gently massaging the entire spinal column. It loosens up, aligns and stimulates the spinal column. I think that it could be an effective tool to activate ecstatic conductivity but once you have it flowing I am not sure that the machine is useful to progress further.

It certainly is a wonderful feeling when you finish using the Chi Machine. Sort of a full body orgasmic feeling.

With Peace,
Paul

yoginstar

• http://www.astrologie.ws
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »
Hi Alvin and Paul,

I may be entirely wrong on this but my intuition tells me that using external machinery for raising kundalini or shakti is much like using drugs: external forcing of something that will go much more naturally and in balance in your own time when doing the practices within (pranayama/meditation).
Just my 2 cents:-)

Alvin Chan

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 04:31:35 PM »
Hi yogini,

I've mistaken you as yogani not just once, at least at my first glance. I'm glad that you don't add "the guru is in you" [:D]

I doubt whether such machines can help raising the kundalini. But if it does, using such machines(I mean, at least the mechanical ones) will be very much like practising. Here we are not changing our biochemistry with drugs, which is very violent to our body. The vibrators or things like chi machine will act only as catalysts, stimulating our body to do its own job just as acupuncture.

If you think that it is unnatural, yes it is. So is pranayama and practices like Yoni Mudra. All such things are not natural in the sense that most people are not born with these knowledge.

Just as we can use a pair of socks to create similar effects of siddhasana in a modern and sometimes better way, so can we do the same for other yoga practices. Of course I'm not saying that they work (I don't even know if certain yoga practices work). Many experiments have to be done, that's why I started this thread for discussion.

Alvin

lucidinterval1

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 12:42:57 AM »
I agree with Alvin. Nicely said.

yoginstar

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 08:09:12 AM »
Dear Alvin,

I think you raise an excellent point: comparing the naturalness (or unnaturalness) of machines to pranayama's naturalness (or unnaturalness). I have often wondered how mankind (or the rishi's of ancient India:-) discovered these techniques....  they are timetested in India, that's one thing but not the point here.  But there is a difference, Pranayama works WITH the internal body structures, whereas machinery gets in from the outside and works upon (i.e. not within) the bodystructures.
I wonder if I should change my login name... I don't mind, can you think of another cute one for me? :-)  
Best!

Balance

• http://noplanezen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 08:30:23 AM »
Hi yogis

I'm thinking that the "movements" of pranayama are completely natural and in fact a part of what we are. We just aren't used to using them consciously to return to Self. Any thoughts ?

Yogini, I'll ponder name choices for you[:)]

Alan

Kyman

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 08:56:43 AM »
I agree, I think they are natural.

Everything is natural, it only appears not to be the case when you have a certain reference point.

Everything is natural under their conditions.

It is healthy though for the mind and body to create a reference point in their mind and draw a line between what is natural/healthy vs unnatural/unhealthy for them and theirs.

Alvin Chan

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 03:07:04 PM »
Not mean to disagree here, but I don't think a discussion of whether something is "natural" or not, which is purely semantical in nature, is of much use for us.

Seems much more useful for us here to discussion the effects directly, if they have any obvious effects at all. That is, at least in principle, something verifiable, rather than our personal opinions on what is "natural" which is very subjective and thus cultural-background-dependent.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 03:56:17 PM by Alvin Chan »

yoginstar

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 07:43:26 AM »
Hi All,

That which is Natural is "cultural-background-dependent". That definitely is wisdom to ponder which I will bear in mind Alvin, thank you!  I'm sorry to have no experience to share re blissmachines!  
Balance: have you come up with something yet? :-) In the first half of my meditation this morning I came up with the idea that I could use my normal name (sometimes I seem to use meditation for figuring out The Big Problems of my life, grin, as in "purification of the brain otherwise cluttered with Problems":-)  But in the endpart all of a sudden a thought rose up by itself which said that I shouldn't do that for now as I will probably feel less free to say whatever it is that I might think of:-)
Have a great weekend!

Balance

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 08:43:41 AM »
Hi Yogini[:)]

Gosh, this is tough in that I don't know you. How about "natural"? I see you are an astrologer, how about "starmudra"?Or "starchild"? "yogastar" or "yoginstar"? "Sky"? You said you wanted a cute one, how about "cute one"? Boy, tell me if I'm way off track and maybe narrow me in to some ideas.

One who goes by the name of Alan
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 08:51:52 AM by Balance »

n/a

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 09:37:36 AM »
Well, I personally like Yoginstar for her, so there's my vote!  [;)]
I have used a chi machine before and it helps with back pain and keeps the circulation and lymphatics moving, but I really have to question whether it has an effect on kundalini.  There is a nice "buzz" afterwards, but I think that is the extent.  But hey, if you get your kicks by calling it ecstatic conductivity, then more power to you!  [:D]

Highest Blessings,

comdyne

quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Hi Yogini[:)]

Gosh, this is tough in that I don't know you. How about "natural"? I see that your name is Joyce, you could change the letters around and make "yojec", well, maybe not. "enjoyce"? Hmm. I see you are an astrologer, how about "starmudra"? Or "starchild"? "yogastar" or "yoginstar"? "Sky"? You said you wanted a cute one, how about "cute one"? Boy, tell me if I'm way off track and maybe narrow me in to some ideas.

One who goes by the name of Alan

Balance

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 10:55:45 AM »

Hi
That was my take on one of those machines. I only used it once, though, before I was doing pranayama.

Hey, yoginstar is my fav too[8D]

Alvin Chan

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 07:25:28 PM »
I like "Yoginstar" too. [:)]

quote:
There is a nice "buzz" afterwards, but I think that is the extent. But hey, if you get your kicks by calling it ecstatic conductivity, then more power to you!

Nice observations[:)] But I prefer not to add power in that way!

yoginstar2

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 07:20:44 AM »
Thank you guys!
yoginstar it is!
Now how do I delete the Yogini membership I wonder... I read the FAQ but I guess no one ever undoes their memberhsip here... , I did read how to get smiley's though [:-)}