Author Topic: Root to Crown Spinal breathing?  (Read 5728 times)

yogani

• AYP Plus
Root to Crown Spinal breathing?
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 01:33:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Thanks Yogani. I had thought for a long time that mind was faster than light. I had never heard anyone mention it though.

Hi Christi:

The infinite speed (or omnipresence) of mind becomes much more significant and useful as samyama advances. It is what core and cosmic samyama practices are about. Stillness in action and outpouring divine love everywhere ... and that means everywhere. We are That.

The guru is in you.

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 01:54:32 AM »
hello yogani,

i've been meaning to ask you something concerning bliss and stillness and samadhi.

ok so samadhi is the same as stillness the way i see it and it's an amazing and beautiful state of being plus i don't know if it's relevant but i can see stillness coming into action within my case due to the increasingly automatic slowing down of my breath during daily activity.

but the thing is that in one of my meditation sessions i experienced smthg which is a lot more beautiful than samadhi or stillness; it was like a cocktail of bliss, ecstacy, stillness, kindness, love....

was that a glimpse of what enlightenment is and can that state stay with the person 24\\7, and can we share others a glimpse once we achieve such state of being?

kindest regards, and thk you in advance.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 02:09:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

was that a glimpse of what enlightenment is and can that state stay with the person 24\\7, and can we share others a glimpse once we achieve such state of being?

Hi Ananda:

Yes, and of course. [:)]

But the latter has more to do with the other person's bhakti than with our own condition. Enlightenment is not something that is sent. It is received through every open heart, regardless of what may be going on in others. There is much misunderstanding about this, in some cases leading to unhealthy co-dependencies. See this AYP lesson on shaktipat: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/146.html

The guru is in you.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2008, 01:16:52 AM »
Hi Yogani,

quote:
From there it goes outward into action for others, as mentioned. In that sense, the purification process is never done, not until we have become purified everywhere, to the furtherest reaches of the cosmos. It is not so difficult, since mind via samyama travels infinitely faster than the speed of light. Move over Einstein...

I think it will be a while before I am zooming around the galaxy purifying every nook and crany as I go. So there is obviously still a lot of work to do here first. [:)]

Thanks again for the advice.

Christi

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2008, 03:25:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Yogani,

quote:
From there it goes outward into action for others, as mentioned. In that sense, the purification process is never done, not until we have become purified everywhere, to the furtherest reaches of the cosmos. It is not so difficult, since mind via samyama travels infinitely faster than the speed of light. Move over Einstein...

I think it will be a while before I am zooming around the galaxy purifying every nook and crany as I go. So there is obviously still a lot of work to do here first. [:)]

Thanks again for the advice.

Christi

Hi Christi:

The nice thing about it is that we don't have to zoom anywhere. We are already there.

Where do we go when we do group samyama healing? Does it matter where in the world the person is? Nope. We just dial up the name, and we are immediately there, collectively in that case.

So, when we are dialing up "galaxy," "cosmos" and "unbounded awareness" in cosmic samyama, there is no place to go. We are there already. Samyama is about awakening what already is, and it is all here where we are right now. Stillness in action.

The guru is in you.

Christi

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2008, 06:52:11 PM »
Hi Yogani,

quote:

The nice thing about it is that we don't have to zoom anywhere. We are already there.

Where do we go when we do group samyama healing? Does it matter where in the world the person is? Nope. We just dial up the name, and we are immediately there, collectively in that case.

So, when we are dialing up "galaxy," "cosmos" and "unbounded awareness" in cosmic samyama, there is no place to go. We are there already. Samyama is about awakening what already is, and it is all here where we are right now. Stillness in action.

The guru is in you.

O.K.  I think I'm starting to get it. I'm not one of the brightest sparks, so it takes a while for the penny to drop sometimes. [:)]

How many teachers have I heard say: "There is nowhere you need to go"? and still I think there may be somewhere I need to go.

Unbeleavable isn't it?

Christi

emc

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »
quote:
O.K. I think I'm starting to get it. I'm not one of the brightest sparks, so it takes a while for the penny to drop sometimes.

If this would have been my post, then people would by now have stand in line to point out:

It's not about getting it, the mind will never get it. Stop analyzing. It's about BEING it...

But since I totally hate when people say that, I won't say it to you, Christi!

[:o)][8D][}:)][:D][^][B)]

Christi

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2008, 07:34:05 PM »
Hi emc,

quote:
If this would have been my post, then people would by now have stand in line to point out:

It's not about getting it, the mind will never get it. Stop analyzing. It's about BEING it...

But since I totally hate when people say that, I won't say it to you, Christi!

[:D]

I'm so glad you didn't then [:)]

Christi

"When the mind is silent peace is all there is": Lung Por Cha

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2008, 02:19:03 AM »
"When the mind is silent peace is all there is": Lung Por Cha
[/quote]

So it's true, it's not about getting anywhere.

just silencing the mind and realizing what we are.

peace[:)]

Parallax

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 10:08:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

From there it goes outward into action for others, as mentioned. In that sense, the purification process is never done, not until we have become purified everywhere, to the furtherest reaches of the cosmos. It is not so difficult, since mind via samyama travels infinitely faster than the speed of light. Move over Einstein... [8D]

The guru is in you.

So the experience is that during sitting practices the divine energy is purifying our nadis and chakras and the whole of our physical body...once purification has finished in our physical/subtle bodies, we become the unobstructed flow of divine energy...flowing out into the world (stillness in action), purifying the "collective body" the same way the divine energy once purified our nadis and chakras?

Smileyogi

• http://kriptodanny.blogspot.com/
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2010, 08:31:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

From there it goes outward into action for others, as mentioned. In that sense, the purification process is never done, not until we have become purified everywhere, to the furtherest reaches of the cosmos. It is not so difficult, since mind via samyama travels infinitely faster than the speed of light. Move over Einstein... [8D]

The guru is in you.

So the experience is that during sitting practices the divine energy is purifying our nadis and chakras and the whole of our physical body...once purification has finished in our physical/subtle bodies, we become the unobstructed flow of divine energy...flowing out into the world (stillness in action), purifying the "collective body" the same way the divine energy once purified our nadis and chakras?

Not really..Parallax..if the divine energy could purify the humanity,it will have done it long ago,not wait for you to clear the nabhis.
It's more like this..and listen to my mahayogi words carefully..
1.it's the mind factor..
2.it's the energy factor
3.both are emanations of the pure awareness
4.knowing itself
5.the reason the divine energy can't do it without you,is because you ARE THAT
6.If you know you are that,you become immortal(but KNOW as experience,not reading stuff)
7...Ramana Maharish once answered this..and he said he was contributing...as the power is not in the candle,but in the energy.
8.some yogis understand that they are connected,so they run off for the mountain caves to stay away..this is a mistake...because they are connected  the collective subconscious..that's why.The mountain cave will just be separation.
9.as you purify yourself,you can purify only the energy factor(like healing) in others..unless they develop wisdom.(like forgiveness..letting go..know that the guru is in you..etc)
10...no human,or god ..or anybody since the birth of humanity has managed to purify both the mind and the energy factor..that would be like make you a slave.
11..you are god..but you don't know it.
Kisses:)
Danny
ps..I run a search on my blog (as random answer..is as powerful as I-chin) and I got this..
Worthy of examining..http://kriptodanny.blogspot.com/2009/06/happy-skeleton.html
quote..You have to love tripping to get enlightened. You have to love that feeling of no control, just going where the drug of life wants to take you because try as you might the gunas are controlling, regulating and governing you. They have to take care of everything and you are just one little cell in the great cosmic body and you are useful to the total and it will make of you what it will. It does not care what you believe, what you think, what you want out of your false sense of emptiness. And no matter how solidly you are able to construct your little life here it is built on the shifting sands of time. No matter how tight you structure your time to keep from thinking about who you are, it is never tight enough. The questions bubble up from the depths.
To us all towns are one, all men our kin. Life's good comes not from others' gift, nor ill. Man's pains and pains' relief are from within. Thus have we seen in visions of the wise !." - Tamil Poem-

Parallax

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »
Danny,

Thank you for your wisdom and for taking the time to respond...I appreciate your insights [:)]

Peace & Love