Author Topic: spinal breathing versus microcosmic orbit  (Read 5875 times)

hopeless meditator

spinal breathing versus microcosmic orbit
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 08:26:43 PM »
Thanks Jim,

I have been having night fevers. Also unusual sensations at the soles of feet. These seem to come and go. Thanks for your explanation - I found it reassuring.

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 01:38:41 AM »
What do you mean by "night fevers" HM?

hopeless meditator

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 03:19:43 AM »
Hi Anthem,

By night fevers I mean profound sweating all over the body that lasts practically all night.

During the day I notice sweating/perspiration from the scalp/head area only. This tends to occur after eating.

I keep plentiful water supplies to hand so I can rehydrate at night.

Anthem

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 03:39:59 AM »
Hi HM,

Not to alarm you, though it could simply be symptoms of purification, it might be a good idea to see a doctor regarding symptoms like this.

A

hopeless meditator

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 04:43:17 AM »
Thanks Anthem,

I tend to think this is a consequence of being ungrounded. But, I take your point that it could mean something else. I have been wondering about this for a while. This is why I've been trying to check things out out with Forum members here.

I've been trying to learn Chi Gong from a book and I may simply be practicing incorrectly.

On the other hand, I know that night sweats may be indicative of  underlying illness. What would your view be?

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 04:46:22 AM »
Always good to see doctors.  FWIW, here's what I do in situations where I suspect something is a spiritual manifestation but I go to the doctor just to be sure...

If the doctor shows any sign of being confused or puzzled...starts talking about maybe trying tests or this or that.....but gives off an air of bafflement.....thank her/him for the visit and don't take the pills or the tests or whatever.

if the doctor seems confident, favor her/his advice (with care...watching for the point of bafflement if it arises).

This sounds simple minded, but it's always served me well. For example, I had my kundalini eczema rash checked out by a dermatologist. He scratched his chin, said "wow, that's interesting...." and gave me both cortisone AND anti-fungals, since he had no idea which direction to go in. I knew, then, that it was indeed spiritual and not something for medical treatment. Whenever a doctor seems confused by my symptoms or test results, I assume it's spiritual. There is a very sharp line between spiritual symptoms and medical symptoms. The stuff that baffles doctors and scientists is stuff that's going to keep on baffling them until they start understanding things the rishis understood centuries ago!

Finally, hopeless meditator, night sweats are famously one of those ambiguous symptoms that make doctors either hazily annoyed or greedily ready to try lots of stuff. Have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_sweats
Unless you have other symptoms, this might be one thing to just wait on a while. But follow your instincts.

Oh, and as a PS.....if doctor's are baffled but something's 1. really scaring me and 2. can't be explained by classical spiritual materials, you bet I'll let them work through their bafflement, and I'll take the tests and meds. It is, we must acknowledge, possible for docs to be baffled/confused over a genuine medical situation!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 04:50:07 AM by Jim and His Karma »

hopeless meditator

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 05:04:55 AM »
Thanks, Jim,

My instincts tell me that I don't know how to manage energy flow, and that this is probably a spiritual problem. It is difficult to find an appropriate person to consult. I've started to see a local acupuncturist. My GP seems puzzled and not very interested at all. I've drastically reduced my meditation time in the hope that things will slowly even out.

Anthem

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 07:40:48 AM »
quote:
What would your view be?

Hi HM,

My view would be to see a doctor and follow any tests he prescribes all the way through to eliminate anything more serious. This can provide a great sense of relief when you determine that anything medical has been eliminated.

I definitely don't like to play the role of an alarmist and I apologize if I am causing you any undue stress or worry. I am taking this view with this particular symptom only because my brother and another friend both experienced night fever (sweats) at the onset of Hodgkin’s disease, so I'm likely a little over-sensitive to any mention of it. Their night sweats were accompanied with a general sense of malaise, so it might not apply to your situation at all.

If it persists, it doesn't hurt to check, as they say, better safe than sorry.

A

Anthem

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 07:57:44 AM »
Hi Jim,

For sure following our instincts is what works for us, but I have to admit that I would have more doubts about a doctor who appears confident without any information or who makes assumptions on limited information, then I would with a doctor who relates that he or she can't be sure and prescribes scientific testing to determine the reality of the situation.

To me, ego would be more likely to make assertive guesses where humility and genuine knowledge would be more inclined to admit they can't know. But what do I know, not much that's for sure![;)]

A

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
im not sure what i am doing, it is a combination of the full breath, and a relaxed root lock. i extend the abdomine out breathing into it, then up into the chest, all the way in and out. done right it seems to make sexual energy rise, and accumulate stronger, slowly. yet i believe consistant rythem is for that no?

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 06:24:24 PM »
It seems the spinal flow, is connected with the front like a big circul. Ive just many different ways of breathing.

Breathing in, and making the front channel flow down, makes the back channel rise. though on exhalation, this front channel wants to rise.

When i exhail down the spine, i can push the energy out the sexual organ, and it connects with the flow rising in the front.

With this, is it possable to breath in up to the third eye, and if one still has breath,start to breath down? Like the staff with a hook at the top?

How does one manage breathing with kecheri? up the spine and up the toung?

Nataraja

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 09:51:03 AM »
Just curious.

But is the route taken in the Taoist MicroCosmic Orbit similar to the many of the kundalini kriyas taught or propagated by Satyananda from Bihar School of Yoga..?

Apparently the BSY informs us that Sivananda learnt them from Babaji in the mid 20's and then he only taught them to Satyananda in 1956 when he was about to leave the ashram .It took him 25 mins to teach him his kriya yoga. The 20 kriyas Satyananda outlines through his Bihar School of Yoga apparently also include others culled from other sources.

I'll quote you one web resource:-

" KRIYA YOGA

Swami Sivananda taught kriya yoga to Satyananda, the Bihar School of Yoga informs. Satyananda writes in Early Teachings of Swami Satyananda [Ets], that Sivananda had learnt kriya yoga from Babaji in the mid-1920s, and that Sivananda one day in 1956 taught it to him in twenty-five minutes. "Swami Sivananda received initiation into kriya yoga from Babaji, but he did not teach these techniques to anyone himself. At the time I was leaving the ashram, however, he taught me all the techniques in not more than twenty five minutes [Ets 89].
"

"

I know not everyone might practice these are they are advanced, powerful or so I am led to believe and somewhat inaccessibile and a little too complicated possibly for a complete beginner in yoga.Understanding the role of the silent witness/observer or inner silence etc etc as it's presented in AYP would be a great boon to practice of this system however.

http://oaks.nvg.org/satyananda.html

Very Early trials here of this system suggest it is quite balancing with the frontal route included.Also i don't know if i'm alone here but i find it easier to sense the frontal route than the spinal route.Not sure what "frontal down" means as it pertains to the MicroCosmic Orbit as mentioned by Jim.I'm guessing breathing could be reversed if one breathes down the front. In this system they often breathe up the front in alot of the kriyas at least as every kriya is different and generally breathe down the spine although there seem to be more than a few variations and combinations within the 20 kriya series.In fact every kriya is different and i guess meant to eleict particular effects. It is also advised that you follow the sequence prescribed etc.Breath, mantra awareness and moving attention, mudra etc etc are all involved components.

What is the particular route or approach taken by the MicroCosmic Orbit route?

The route taken here is also orbital following the chakras and respetive kshetrams and sometimes synchronised with mantra and so on.There are head movments also that strangely enough reminded me of chin-pump here at AYP but they are not the same as each kundalini kriya is different.

Can always let you know how i get on with it, if i'm still here that is.[;)]

I suspect not many people practice this (system) but i could be wrong.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=150&SearchTerms=microcosmic,orbit