Author Topic: Yoni Mudra Kumbhak  (Read 887 times)

mathurs

Yoni Mudra Kumbhak
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:40:26 PM »
Hello All,
I have started 3 rounds of YMK for the past few weeks now. I tried YMK around a year and a half ago and just could not see the point to it -so gave it up. Guess I wasnt ready for it.

This time around it is a different story. It seems to have activated the GI tract and I have an almost contstant minty feeling all the way from my stomach to the throat to the throat/head and sometimes even in my arms and ears! It is not overloading me or troubling me in any shape or form so I am continuing with the practice - just did not know that the GI tract could be affected by YMK. I guess this is due to the Kumbhaka element of YMK ?

Anyone had anything similar?

mathurs

Yoni Mudra Kumbhak
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:48:57 PM »
Update: Almost 10 days to a week on the minty feeling has toned down a bit- as in not 24x7 but coming and going. There is a slight burning sensation in the stomach - and  burping [:I]. The bottom of the tongue, the roof of the mouth and at the back of the throat till the heart is tingly minty. But the digestion is very sensitive at the moment...

woosa

Yoni Mudra Kumbhak
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 12:25:57 AM »
Hi mathurs

I envy you - it's a nice feeling! Not the bad digestion... the minty stuff.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Yoni Mudra Kumbhak
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 06:26:51 AM »
Hi Sujata,

In my experience, it is the energy of kundalini which causes the production of soma. So it is not necessarily any particular practice which will produce the effect. Kumbhaka is a powerful accelerator of kundalini, so it is not surprising that it has that effect. In my own case it was spinal bastrika that brought about the change.

Sounds like you are doing well. [:)]

Christi

mathurs

Yoni Mudra Kumbhak
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:38:05 PM »
Christi, Woosa - Thanks!

Well it may well be spinal bastrika rather than the YMK. The last added practice was YMK so I assumed that the YMK was causing it.

mathurs

Yoni Mudra Kumbhak
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »
Update again: The minty feeling is still there but way toned down now. Had a slight dizzy moment a few days ago and since then been feeling slightly fuzzy/ dizzy every now and again - not  concerned healthwise. Increased my sleep/rest after practices - dizziness will hopefully ease off. If not will back off YMK.

Why am I recording this: Urge to do so and all of this is very new to me...

BillinL.A.

Yoni Mudra Kumbhak
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 02:28:41 AM »
I'm grateful your posting Mathurs.

Real life spiritual progress from someone gives me motivation.[:)]

I'm so hungry to be apart of a community like this.[/\]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:50:44 AM by BillinL.A. »

bewell

Yoni Mudra Kumbhak
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 01:47:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mathurs
...minty feeling all the way from my stomach to the throat to the throat/head and sometimes even in my arms and ears!

Cool! Thanks for sharing, mathers. After reading your post, I did one YMK, and felt the mint, much like you describe it, though mostly in the back of my mouth. I'm very suggestible when it comes to that minty taste. Over the years, it has come and gone in phases.

The main benefit of YMK is bringing the K energy up in a balanced integrated way though the whole nervous system, especially around head, throat and heart. The mint, as I see it, is beneficial inasmuch as it rewards practices and encourages us to keep going.

Peace, Health, Lightness of Air... Mint

Be
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:50:04 PM by bewell »

mathurs

Yoni Mudra Kumbhak
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 01:58:01 AM »
BillinLA: Glad my updates are helping...[:)]

Be:  Peace, Health, Lightness of Air... Mint [:D]
Thanks for trying the YMK ! It is /was at the back of my mouth as well right till the stomach.

Update : The dizziness got worse and uncomfortable - back to just the basic SBP followed by DM for a few days since 4 days ago.