Author Topic: Khechari mudra phase 4  (Read 3718 times)

KechariConfusion

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 02:02:37 AM »
If stage 4 is merely sticking the tip into the slots and blocking off 70% of the air, I can do that already.

Victor

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »
that is a good question. I don't see how much of the tongue can penetrate much farther. I can block individual nostrils with the tongue in order to do alternate nostril breathing. I don't do it any more though, it doesn't do much for me at this stage

KechariConfusion

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 05:22:59 AM »
I think we both are in the same boat.  I think we are both missing something here.

RSS

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 09:27:53 PM »
How do you know when your in Stage 3?  Above the septum there is a void that seems to go on forever.

woosa

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 12:21:22 AM »
You will be in stage 3 when the tongue has enough length to go all the way up the septum and there may be a little bump - 'the secret spot'. Further still and you will hit the roof of your nasal cavity.

KechariConfustion - I can get my tongue into stage 4ish - my tongue can enter the nasal passages and push through some distance but I haven't hit anything solid yet (or my brain [:o)]). It seems like I have a few more years of frenetic snipping ahead of me [:(].

Entering the nasal passages is very stimulating, and coupled with spinal breathing, should blow the cobwebs off!

KechariConfusion

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 05:38:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by woosa
KechariConfustion - I can get my tongue into stage 4ish - my tongue can enter the nasal passages and push through some distance but I haven't hit anything solid yet (or my brain [:o)]). It seems like I have a few more years of frenetic snipping ahead of me [:(].

When you say "nasal passage", do you mean tilting the tongue sideways and going through those tiny holes?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:08:41 AM by KechariConfusion »

woosa

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 10:09:01 PM »
quote:
When you say "nasal passage", do you mean tilting the tongue sideways and going through those tiny holes?

Yeah, you push your tongue forward, to one side of the septum, and hit all the sensitive tissue in the nasal passage. You'll know when you are in the right place!

KechariConfusion

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
Is the hole at the top, as shown here (bottom right image)?

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/images/kechari-pharynx.jpg

How much of the tongue can you fit through?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:48:34 AM by KechariConfusion »

woosa

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 02:18:40 AM »
I was looking all over for that picture!

Yeah, the bottom right pic - the nasal septum runs up the middle and to either side of it there are the tunnel-like holes - nasal passages - which you push your tongue forward into.

At the moment I can nearly block the passages up by pushing the tongue through. It has taken a long time to get used to just touching the tissues in the nasal passage because it was very sensitive.

KechariConfusion

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 04:50:22 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by woosa
At the moment I can nearly block the passages up by pushing the tongue through. It has taken a long time to get used to just touching the tissues in the nasal passage because it was very sensitive.

If stage 4 is merely blocking off air by sticking the tip in, then I can do that already.

khechari

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 06:18:01 AM »
Woosa, do you get any benefits from the practice?
Thanks!

My experience is exactly as that of Victor - stage 3, approaching 4, but due to the lack of inspiration and any perceptible benefits, not enough efforts to go futher. The first 3 stages took me just 2 months, I was very keen on pushing my tongue up there.
Would love to hear just one story depicting any "special" benefit...
Have read a lot on the matter, but no real first-hand experineces.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:25:25 AM by khechari »

woosa

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 07:58:35 AM »
Hi Khechari

Wow 2 months to stage 3 - it took me over 2 years! Damn my genetics.

When I do do kechari I do notice a lot more ecstatic conductivity flowing than when I don't. So that alone is a good enough reason why I do it!

As you feel more ecstatic conductivity, you will notice the difference kechari makes. It's just a question of how much purification needs to done to get there. [:)]

khechari

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »
Thanks, woosa, for your time!

I don't know what you mean by "ecstatic conductivity". I can close my nasal passages from inside, but I don't practice pranayama, so no benefit still.
Sure I feel sublte taste - somewhat sweetly sour - but what to do with it?
What's more, keeping the tongue up for quite awhile gives me a headache, I feel the head be filled with prana - but still no special benefit...

Yet scriptures contain such amazing descriptions of the kechari results. Maybe they all come only at stage 4?
I can push the tip of the tongue into the very start of either passage but cannot imagine how this thick fellow can fit there even turned sideways.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:24:11 PM by khechari »

woosa

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 02:26:21 AM »
Ecstatic conductivity is the awakening of the nervous system as it is purified. In a nutshell it's pleasurable sensations that build up over time. Also known as the Kundalini.

Kechari is like sitting in siddhasana - it is not the 'be all and end all' of practices - they are tools to compliment pranayama and meditation. If you are not doing spinal breathing and meditation then it's not guaranteed that much will happen.

If ecstatic conductivity is not felt then you will believe that nothing is happening. However these tools will speed up the process and you will begin feeling the Kundalini. With practice any of these mudras and bandhas, along with pranayama and meditation, will awaken the nervous system - it's just a matter of time. And how much time depends on if you are doing an effective practice!

I would recommend that you do start here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/13.html

I wouldn't overdo kechari - I only do it during spinal breathing. Too much and you will get headaches as you have described. Not good. [:)]

khechari

Khechari mudra phase 4
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 06:31:41 AM »
Thank you, dear soul!!

I'll take your remarks into account, for sure.
Having reached such a stage, am feeling like getting some benefit)))

My best!!