Author Topic: Growing in the pleasure of ecstatic conductivity  (Read 2473 times)

maheswari

Growing in the pleasure of ecstatic conductivity
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 02:49:12 AM »
quote:
because if the ecstasy is primarily cultivated first (before inner silence) the body/mind can/will likely get attached/addicted to the ecstatic states (which results in increased suffering not decreased suffering).

Carson i have a question...
totally agree with that u said...this was  my experience ...i was celibate for many years...was not much intrested in sex or any relation then started doing meditation, then i was naturally intrested in exploring sex because kundalini started to move....but if i did not have the safety net of inner silence,sex would have been more difficult for me to handle because much more attachment to pleasure will be involved...
lately two  persons asked me about tantra and i was hesitant to share the tantra lessons with them because they do not do any spiritual practice,therefore their nervous sytem is not ready.I thought that tantra will do them more harm then benefit.it will create more attachment for them.i thought that they should start some basic spirtual routine for some time before exploring tantra.....cause from my personal experience this was the safest way to move through the stages and by His Grace it all happened very smoothly and at the exact needed timing for me.
what do u think...was my decision not to share the lessons a wise choice?
Love
maheswari
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:58:14 AM by maheswari »

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 03:18:34 AM »
Hi maheswari [:)]

I can't say if what you decided to do was wise or not.  It was what you did, that's it that's all. [;)][:D]

That said, perhaps it could be worth noting that the Tantra lessons at AYP all include disclaimers from Yogani about "starting from the beginning" with the first main lesson.  AYP is designed to be "open source" and the information is there, free for the taking and use (in whatever way any individual chooses), for anyone who encounters it.  It is not really our place to deny another of information (in my opinion) for fear that they may use it unwisely.  In your situation I may have introduced them to the idea of the sexual energy being a useful tool for spiritual evolution... through both advanced yoga practices as well as left hand path tantric practices and then given them a link to the AYP site.  Where they go from there would be their choice.  But, that is pure speculation and had I been in your shoes who knows what would have come out of my mouth! [8D]  I may have done the exact same thing as you, I don't know.  Either way, trying to figure out if what you did was wise or not is living in the past and can be dropped... it doesn't matter.  All that matters is what you are doing in *this* moment.  Don't fret over your past decisions... just make wise ones right now.  [:)]

Much Love!
[^]

P.S> We can't KNOW the state of another's nervous system... whether they are doing "spiritual practices" or not.  Just something to keep in mind. [;)]

maheswari

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 03:23:20 AM »
[:D]

nearoanoke

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 04:15:52 AM »
Esctasy = Kundalini flowing through obstructions in nervous system

No Obstructions, No Esctasy

I read this somewhere. Is this true?

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »
Hi nearanoke [:D]

Wouldn't know... still got plenty of obstructions. [;)]  Hahaha

Here's how it seems to me....  The strictly *physical* ecstasy is perhaps the result of kundalini "rubbing" against obstructions.  "Spiritual ecstasy" then replaces the physical ecstasy as the obstructions are released.  But I don't *know* this... that's just how it appears to me.

Love!
[^]

maheswari

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 04:29:22 AM »
when too much obstructions are being cleared out at the same time,this is kundalini over load...then we self pace,,,,cause it is no longer fun...

when some obsrtuctions are cleared out gradually and smoothly , kundalini is blooming gently....we experience ecstasy for some time

when all obstructions are cleared out,kundalini is running smoothly all over the Nadis....it is constant ecstasy

Radharani

• http://www.francisandclareyoga.org
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
I don't know how it is for anyone else, but in my own experience, the ecstasy/bliss is kundalini running nearly continuously through the system; when it hits the occasional obstructions and stuff is getting burned up, there is a temporarily unpleasant sensation which soon subsides again into Bliss.  I think the ecstasy is simply the function of kundalini flowing through a physical body, and also it is my impression that as the obstructions are removed, the nervous system can handle more and more ecstasy.
By the way, Maheswari, when people ask me about tantra I always tell them it is intended to be done as part of a larger spiritual practice. If they really want the information I would rather send them to a reliable source such as AYP, than many of the other dubious sources they may stumble across on the internet.  In the old days this was not an issue because the information was not readily available!... However, if they do decide to proceed, it is my understanding that if the nervous system is not ready for it, then the body will not cooperate with trying to channel too much energy (i.e. there may be a built-in safety valve in terms of orgasm).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:09:30 PM by Radharani »

Radharani

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 10:45:01 AM »
With regard to Joseph's question about the balance of inner silence and ecstasy:  Please note, I used the term "Bliss" above to refer to my experience of both physical and spiritual ecstasy, whereas I note AYP refers to the inner silence as "bliss" and the physical aspect as "ecstasy."  For me, in the past both of these things were happening, not always at the same time, mostly during meditation.  I did indeed pine for them when they were not happening, i.e. during my normal waking existence, which I had to endure as a sort of purgatory in between meditation sessions.  More recently when my whole reality shifted, the silence and ecstasy took over together and seem to have merged into a holistic experience which I am calling "Bliss" and which involves the body and soul so completely that I don't really perceive a "physical" versus "spiritual" separation; it's like the body IS spiritual and/or the spirit is manifesting the body.  I'm not sure how it would feel to have the silence without the ecstasy or vice versa; until reading the AYP forum I assumed they went together.  However, as mentioned previously, for me the Bliss is ultimately a manifestation of the presence of God, infinite Love, which is constant and I assume gives rise to both the silence and the ecstasy.  Much Love to you all.

Kahlia

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »
My experience of this can be summed up by a new mantra that I have taken on and that is "god is here". I tried to write about my experiences from my practice but I just cant describe it well enough.

God is here does a much better job of it. Everywhere .... god is.
Each moment, each breath, each step.

Om Shanti

[|)]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:02:48 PM by Kahlia »

Radharani

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 04:38:48 PM »
Kahlia,  Love, love LOVE your new mantra!!!  I often find myself saying with awe and delight, "God is here. Right here."  [:)]

maheswari

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »
dear Jamie...really i enjoy your posts....very genuine and instructive
txs[:)]

Radharani

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 07:08:57 AM »
Maheswari, thanks so much for your kind words!  Last night I sort of adapted the Heart Breathing Yogani mentioned above by doing it with my usual breathing (all the way to the base) while linking my heart chakra with my ishta as we've done in tantra which, as we recall, had a wonderful effect on my partner. This resulted in indescribable ecstasy, prolonged periods of breathlessness, laughter and tears of joy.  Thanks, Yogani.  [:)]

Kahlia

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 09:55:25 AM »
Jamie [:)]

I do love that phrase "ecstatic conductivity" dont you? [:D][:D][:D]
It really is all about the heart center and nothing else.. well not for me anyway.

My skin glows, my eyes shine, I feel great, I cant help but smile. I feel a constant connection with my breath and body and at times I feel like I am just radiating so much love and it is pouring out of me, I feel so open and receptive and filled with love.

I pray and envoke Shakti and people say I am different afterwards and seem so loving. People actually comment about the change and notice the difference without me saying anything it makes me very happy.

[|)]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:49:34 PM by Kahlia »

Radharani

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 05:12:35 PM »
Kahlia,  Yes, it is SOOO wonderful!  Thank you so much for sharing your experience.  It is great knowing I have a sister who is experiencing the same thing.  [:)]

RSS

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »
Hi everyone. This is great stuff and it really gives me something to look forward to.

This does bring up a question in my mind.  Where does penetrating the star in the Kutasha (spiritual eye) fit into this?  Has this already happened for most of you, or is this something that is yet to come? PY and others talk about this as one of the main goals of a yogi during meditation.  In fact, I thing that you have to penetrate the star in order to achieve Samadhi and/or to go into the astral and causal realms.

Also, my understanding is that realization and enlightenment is a very definitive thing. There should be no doubt when it happens.  A yogi would have to reach a state of Samadhi that is maintained 24/7. This would imply that he would be able to access the astral and causal realms at will, even in the middle of doing human chores.

Kriya literature states that doing 1,728 pure kriya pranayams (spinal breaths) in one sitting (about 12 hours) leads to dhyana (automatic or perfect meditation).  Reaching a low level of Samadhi is even harder.

The information that I have is from reading kriya and other yoga books. Not from personal experience (unfortunately). I was just wondering where these wonderful, blissful and ecstatic experiences that some of you are experiencing fit in as milestones on the road to enlightenment/realization.

Much love to all,
Bob