Author Topic: yoni chin pump  (Read 882 times)

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
yoni chin pump
« on: March 31, 2006, 12:33:54 AM »
Did anybody try the new "yoni chin pump". I did this morning.. it does increase the energy flow.[:)]
During meditation.. I generally have a problem with my heart suddenly skipping a beat and getting me out of the deep state... Today I tried the "yoni chin pump".. to begin with.. there was no jump or jolt in my heart.. I thought well this must be helping me.. but then later I got a couple a really strong jolts up my neck to my head.. Humm.. so not sure what this meant... The results were a bit mixed up.. to start with, my meditation was smoother than it generally is, but towards the end the jolts kind of threw me off.. I think I will try it for a couple of days more to see how it goes..
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:47:35 AM by Shanti »

Richard

yoni chin pump
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 02:55:25 AM »
I have just tried it for my evening meditation Shanti.

It was a a bit awkward, I didn't quite know what to do with my hand in between breath retentions. I did 5 complete breaths.

During meditation I felt a lot of pressure in my head and neck, Samyama was very deep though. It certainly seems a powerful practice.[8D]

Blessings

RICHARD

Shanti

yoni chin pump
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:05:29 AM »
Hi Richard,
Strange, I did not even think about my hand.. somehow that came naturally.. my attention was on my breath.. I did feel my head and neck heat up like after a good workout... but during meditation it did not really bother me.. till the jolts hit me. It may take a little more time to figure out what is really going on and how it is effecting me..
I am thinking of backing out of Shamyama.. somehow, it is not working out these days..not sure why... Do you know if this will harm me in any way??

Richard

yoni chin pump
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 03:20:07 AM »
No it wont harm you at all there's no point in doing it if it doesn't feel right or you feel you haven't got sufficient inner silence.[:)]

Blessings

RICHARD

Shanti

yoni chin pump
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 03:24:29 AM »
It was working out really well.. but for the last week somehow I just cant seem to stick with it till the end. I can get through the first 5 or 6 .. then I seem to drift off.. Maybe I will take a break and get back to it later.. Thanks Richard.[:)]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 03:31:40 AM by Shanti »

Richard

yoni chin pump
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 04:22:14 AM »
OH Shanti I drift off all the time and forget for the moment where I am with the sutra's, don't worry about it I expect lots of us experience that. [:D]

RICHARD

Shanti

yoni chin pump
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 04:40:35 AM »
So then that is OK? I should continue?

yogani

• AYP Plus
yoni chin pump
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 05:45:51 AM »
Hi Shanti:

No need to rush into yoni chin pump. It is a tool for energy cultivation that is useful when we are pretty far down the road. Regular chin pump is a high octane practice, as many of us know. Adding yoni to it makes it much more powerful, like rocketship powerful. For those who feel stable in all of their practices and wish to try it, just do one or two retentions with yoni as part of the normal chin pump session and see how it feels in daily activity. Then adjust accordingly. Self-pacing.

If I had a dollar for every time I got lost in samyama, we could give AYP books away to everyone. [:)] Just easily come back to the practice when you realize you are off it. It is purification you are going through, a natural part of the process. That is good! If time runs short and you have to go, then it is okay not to finish the sutras. There is always next time. Just be sure to take some rest before getting up.

Like everything else, samyama will vary over time according to the cycles of purification that are going on. So, we self-pace that as necessary too.

In the case of getting lost a lot, maybe put a time limit that you are comfortable with, and then stop. It will come back together as the obstructions clear out. If there is no discomfort in activity after a long samyama session from getting lost a lot, then let it take as long as it wants to, or for as long as you have time for. Your choice.    

The guru is in you.

Richard

yoni chin pump
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 06:26:16 AM »
There you go Shanti theres all the answers for you and me [:)]

Thank you Yogani [8D]

RICHARD

Shanti

yoni chin pump
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 08:09:07 AM »
Thank you Yogani and Richard..[:)]

Victor

yoni chin pump
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 12:22:55 PM »
i tried it and at a certain point felt that rather than increasing pressure in the head i was able to suspend teh breath with teh throat open and liked that alot. then tried the hand on the nostrils. not sure which i like better but when i use the hand i like using the index and the ring and little fingers to hold the nostrils . I will keep exploring, this does seem to open a certain flow through the throat and head.