Author Topic: How do I become more flexible?  (Read 4689 times)

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
How do I become more flexible?
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »
I don't get that at all. If you listen to what he is saying and how he touches people, without judging how he moves his own body, that's what is important. He is a teacher, so look at his students.

What impressed me is his knowledge of anatomy and how that relates to yoga positions. He shows why each person does asanas differently.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:25:37 PM by Etherfish »

img

How do I become more flexible?
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

If you listen to what he is saying and how he touches people, without judging how he moves his own body, that's what is important. He is a teacher, so look at his students.

I simply stated my impression, without judgement.
Also, I said nothing about his knowledge; it could well be excellent.
As for it being unimportant how he moves his own body - how can that be? How are we to learn peace from someone who isn't in this state himself?
Consider also another question: why is it important to know why different people do asanas differently? Is this really a primary question? Each person has a different internal equilibrium between asana, pranayama, meditation, etc, and their individual bone/joint structure is part of this equilibrium. Sometimes what's very difficult to attain via asana it easy to attain via pranayama, and vice versa.
It seems more relevant to help each individual realise their own equilibrium, rather than compare two different individuals to each other.