Author Topic: Benefits/Drawbacks of Exercises  (Read 722 times)

Ethereal_Ecstasy

Benefits/Drawbacks of Exercises
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:59:24 PM »

Hello all,

According to proponents in the world of health and fitness, it is ideal to have a balanced routine alternating between cardio and resistance training. Conversely, sites like yoga.org.nz say things like:

“[Although] such exercises improve energy levels by boosting nerve function, this exhausts the cellular reserves and the endocrine glands. Toxins build up in the body, and blood pressure and pulse are increased. Ultimately, the heart is overworked.”

Can anyone confirm/refute this?

I feel that since yoga works on a much deeper level and radiates outwards, it is probably more important to focus on that than a physical routine, given the choice. However, from an integrated, middle-path, standpoint, perhaps it is a good idea investing time doing a physical culture. Generally speaking, what are the benefits to doing everything AYP prescribes (isometrics, calisthenics, basic asanas)? Is there some sort of synergy when isometrics and calisthenics are done in addition to one’s regular routine?  Am I essentially set for life doing the AYP routine, or is there something I might want to add to prevent future illness and injury?

Feel free to point out any incorrect assumptions I have made while throwing together this post. Moreover, pardon me for the incoherent, question-strewn post I have indeed thrown together. [:I]

~Ethereal Ecstasy