Author Topic: 108 Sun Salutations  (Read 1155 times)

machart

108 Sun Salutations
« on: June 20, 2010, 02:45:36 PM »
To celebrate the summer solstice one of my yoga teachers had a benefit for St Judes childrens hospital. We did 108 sun salutations in groups of 27. She gives each participant a bag of rocks that we count with one big Rock with an inspiration written on it...mine was LOVE...my wifes was KINDNESS.

After the 108 salutations she placed cold lavender scented towels on our eyes and feet and then we had a vegetarian feast with wine and drinks to celebrate.

It was a B E A Utiful experiance although I'm still sore.

Chiron

108 Sun Salutations
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:22:09 PM »
lol nice

Mark Lehman

• http://www.growlonghair.net/natural-hair-growth.html
108 Sun Salutations
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:20:04 PM »
How your overall experience?

Lehman.

machart

108 Sun Salutations
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »
Hi Mark,

Not sure what you are asking exactly...

After the 108 sun salutations the shavasana with the cold lavender scented towels on my eyes and feet was most awesome...lots of talk of bliss on this site...this is one way to experience it.

The whole series of sun salutations becomes a meditation ...rhythmic...flowing...struggling at times...boring at times... a lot like life.

I did the full chaturanga with the jump back so my triceps were extremely sore for several days....a good sore...I need and appreciate the tapas in my practice.

This teacher has these charity events every equinox and solstice. I plan on attending as many as possible.

If anyone has the opportunity to participate in this seasonal ritual...I highly recommend it!

cosmic

108 Sun Salutations
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by machart

This teacher has these charity events every equinox and solstice. I plan on attending as many as possible.

Just curious... does she by any chance teach in Santa Monica (CA)? I had a yoga teacher who did this exact same thing...

machart

108 Sun Salutations
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »
Hi cosmic,

No this teacher is on the other side of the US in the state for lovers.

But...you are so fortunate! Santa Monica hosts one of my favorite hatha teachers. Bryan Kest has several studios out there. Attend one of his for donation classes and let me know how they are in person.

cosmic

108 Sun Salutations
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 12:55:06 PM »
Hey machart  [:D]

Unfortunately, looks like he won't be in California til 2011 (He's all over the world til then). So you'll have to wait til March 2011 to get my feedback  [;)]

Peace my friend
cosmic
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:51:39 AM by cosmic »