Author Topic: Looking for grounding set of asanas  (Read 742 times)

NewbieGG

Looking for grounding set of asanas
« on: October 30, 2014, 07:22:33 PM »
I red somewhere that standing asanas are good for grounding . I think to combine the warrior cycle plus a few of the sun salutation poses - the down facing ones .Any ideas or experiences about that ? :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:24:16 PM by NewbieGG »

Ecdyonurus

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:56:55 PM »
Hi, the Sun salutation is a complete sequence designed on purpose, I would not isolate or reduce the single steps and combine them "random" with standing asanas. In fact, an asana routine has to be well designed in order to achieve a well balanced result. I would suggest you look for a yogasana teacher and ask him/her for a specific sequence, although "grounding" may be a little confusing.

Prem

• http://www.sarniayogaclinic.com
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 06:41:14 AM »
Once the weather turns warm, practicing yoga on the bare earth is extremely grounding. Personally I find seated poses where the root chakra is in contact with the earth more grounding than standing ones. Perhaps that is just me. I do a kneeling  version of sun salutation that I find grounding, and is very accessible to my older students. You might find it with a Google search. Good luck. Incidentally, the poses you mention traditionally considered grounding, I just don't find them as grounding as when I am close to the earth. I also find meditating with grounding crystals such as Boji stones or black tourmaline helpful.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:07:11 PM »
Hi Newbie GG,

There is a very good asana sequence explained in the "Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living volume 2". It is on page 332. Some of the asanas are especially grounding including the Seal of Yoga, Sitting Head to Both Knees, Camel, Savasana, and Child Pose. I would also recommend downward dog and reclining virasana as useful for grounding.

Christi

HathaTeacher

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 02:31:07 AM »
Here's a long forum thread about grounding:
www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=5464#49851