Author Topic: trance bliss ecstacy in asana  (Read 879 times)

tonightsthenight

trance bliss ecstacy in asana
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »
Hey all,

I've noticed lately that in asana classes, particularly astanga (because of the rythym and the cadence of breath) I am falling into deep states of ecstatic trance during the practice with sambhavi, 'baby kecari' (my name for the spontaneous kecari experienced here [:p]), and massive pranic movement from mula to brow.

Really interesting, but a bit too deep I think for public consumption.

Anyone else noticed this?

Dogboy

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 04:05:39 AM »
This has been happening to me for a month now (I'm 8 months in AYP), eyes opened and closed, arousal vibrations racing around in my torso. Very pleasurable, with a lot of colors behind my eyelids.  I like using it to hold full expressions of poses, it definately helps with the stamina. I love this new playground! I usually skip my next "sit" to a avert overload.

tonightsthenight

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 05:05:39 AM »
Yes the overload is a concern for me as well.
I find it interesting that the asana practice is opening up to me in this way now with samadhi after being kind of down on asana in the recent past.

I will also say that it seems the vayus and the current of the central axis are more supercharged when my muscles feel fresh in asana practice. When I'm feeling that I'm not getting proper rest after exercise, for instance not letting the muscles recuperate, the prana is not as 'strong'. Further evidence I think that prana is intimately tied in with ATP.

Dogboy

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »
Sorry...ATP?

Jack

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 03:22:19 PM »
I would venture an educated guess that tonightsthenight is referring to Adenotriphosphate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate

tonightsthenight

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:19:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jack

I would venture an educated guess that tonightsthenight is referring to Adenotriphosphate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate

Indeed [:)]