Author Topic: AYP asana video  (Read 797 times)

Chakburthi

AYP asana video
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:23:40 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if an ayp asana video would be available, in which someone would practice the sequence that is suggested here with detailed audio instructions?
Since years now I do Rodney Yee's AM yoga every morning. I totally love it! Actually more and more so every day. I have them on my cell phone as audio files and this way can practice everywhere in the world. Still some variations would be nice to have, especially on weekends. Also I would assume the ayp asanas should be particularly beneficial for the rest of our practices. If anybody would produce such a video, maybe Yogani himself ;-), I would definitely buy it. In fact thinking about it, this could be done with several of the more physical ayp practices such as bastrika, chin pump and even spinal breathing. Thanks!

tonightsthenight

AYP asana video
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 04:47:33 AM »
This is a great idea.

Let me see about putting something together.

If you have any input or suggestions it would be good to hear it!

jonesboy

• http://community.livingunbound.net/
AYP asana video
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:32:31 PM »
That would be great!!

rce

AYP asana video
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 11:35:33 PM »
I also think that it would be extremely helpful.

Chakburthi

AYP asana video
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 02:59:55 PM »
It would be great if the video was done in real time with no breaks and explanation between poses. This way the practitioners cold follow easily without having to think, the advanced ones possibly even including samyama. Ideally, a voice from the off would just announce the pose (possibly every 15 seconds...). Explanations may be done in an introduction if at all necessary. I would be thrilled to see such a video. Thanks tonightsthenight for considering to do this!

Ecdyonurus

AYP asana video
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »
Great ideas!  [:)]

However, I strongly suggest to emphasize safety aspects in such a video.

The asanas in the AYP starter kit may look basic and simple, but some of them MUST be modified for beginners or for people with conditions.

As examples, Halasana and sarvangasana as shown in the AYP book are ADVANCED, but almost everybody may do easier variations of both.

In other words, I think that an AYP asana video should have more levels (beginners - intermediate - advanced), at least for some asanas with relevant safety aspects.

Yogaman

AYP asana video
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 12:11:12 AM »
Great idea. I was always surprised by the lack of videos and photos for at least the asanas and sitting poses.

Will Power

AYP asana video
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 01:17:38 AM »
Agreed! and great ideas Ecdyonurus!

I'd say don't mix the explanations of the posture in the same video, as someone said, or else the video would be too slow and long to be followed everyday.