Author Topic: What do I do with my old stash?  (Read 625 times)

11jono11

What do I do with my old stash?
« on: April 16, 2010, 07:03:28 AM »
When I was younger, before I discovered interesting spiritual practice, I used to really like hallucinogenic drugs. I now don't use anything, occasionally I'll have chocolate, and refined sugar, but I don't even drink caffeine, or have paracetamol etc, though over the years I have collected quite a few legal highs (these really are legal highs, not just saying that for the sake of the forum), you know those ethnobotanical drugs etc, various seeds, herbs etc you can get from online head shops. I now have no interest in using/doing any of them as though I believe they can show you interesting things I feel they hinder practice in the long run, kind of like drugs being a bus, practice being your legs and Divine experiences etc your destination, you can catch the bus, there and back, or you can walk there, though if you only ever catch the bus then you'll get fat and out of shape so when you eventually want to get there by walking it will take you ages.

Any hoo, as I was saying i have a collection of various herbs etc, I am not sure what to do with them, a lot of my friends still use various substances and I could do with every penny I can get, so I was thinking about selling them, though I don't know if I want to encourage their use??? , It's not like I am selling crack, these plants are mind expanding rather than addiction forming, but still. I talk to some of them about my practice sometimes, the bulk of them are completely not interested, fully immersed in Mara/Maya, most of them atheist, so it's not like I am hindering their practice. Bit of a moral query/conundrum, Any suggestions?

God bless

brunoloff

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:19:24 PM »
I frankly see no moral issue whatsoever [:)]

cosmic

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 01:10:11 PM »
Only you can really say what's right or wrong for you. It's hard to know what effect our actions will have, so you really just have to trust yourself and your own inner wisdom...

JDH

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 01:47:11 PM »
Drugs are

Clear White Light

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 11:04:34 PM »
I'll take it.  :D

But really, what do YOU think is the right thing to do?  That's what is important.  Personally, psychedelic drugs have benefited my spirituality greatly.  However I can see how they could be a hindrance if you get too stuck on them.  Generally one develops to a point where their use becomes somewhat unnecessary, but I have to admit that I still partake occasionally. (very occasionally)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:01:08 AM by Clear White Light »

porcupine

• http://www.xanga.com/stellawasadiverandshewasdown
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 05:40:03 AM »
what do you have? i might want some.

i really enjoy the combination of sadhana and herbs

"There were periods where I didn't eat and I only smoked ness
oh sacred ness! how you have brought me through the days
and smoothened tribulations, and indeed have revealed to me the true nature of life
in ecstasies upon ecstasies which seem to be your language
with you, I was married to the woodlands and the unseen world, the secrets of existence
and the harmony of all things, you have a changing spirit
and I would flow with you, through time, with Flo, and with my people
the people of Wanti, and those of Earth, and indeed all the world, we come to you and we bask in your vibration, we burn your remnants, and take in the essence of your divine processes, and spirit changes once more, in the magical land of stonedness
where the fairies are near, were there is truth, uncovered
it is there that I travel, and there within the plant world where is my true home
the world most of my brothers and sisters inhabit is one of sadness
let the brightness of the plants and the fairies enlighten all of the natural ways of living, at this reading their spirit is near and guiding in manyy ways, ever changing
they are like Wanti itself, which is the shapeshiftingg ecstasy
from which even our blossoms are derived. I walk about and I smile, knowing this world is the harmony that is mysterious unseen, and trustworthy, hark, for like the night of the soul, when there is no more, even this is the receding of the way which delivered this truth into the heart and through the body, and all creation, revealing the mosaic sand and soil of this world, first I thought I was a seed, I longed to enter again, now I see I am a shrub and little herbs are my friends, travelling, meditating and healing, abiding in non-doing, aigy sayings, and wonderings of what to say,
we stumbled upon a great ecstasy, and nirvana vogodie
through which communication seemed itself to be within one being, one I, through which all found stead
though in itself and inherent honesty, rushing the worlds came to fruition and burst into eternity
from which I spring now, again, know I am the plant and the seed in the wind, searching for ground
...and the deer who eats the leaf!
I am the moon and the sun, and none of these things, all in ignorance. ignorance is knowledge where there is nothing to know
yet moving on, through out, all is forgotten, again and again, I return here, the current of Awadwan
bestowing and retrieving these gifts and elements which fill my soul which wanders as nothing, a ghost
I cannot deny it is within myself, they insist it is the way, I go there, sinking deeper into grooves, in the beauty
in the joy so heavy this fall seems weightless the only means to explain like a feather
yet all goes this way, and there is no uncertainty, for even before thought, thought which is their insistence, this thing which brings me to my brother and my sister, yet within it something truer, healing, not through doing, not through not doing, those moments that have entered my soul, and within the all the wisdom of being and all experience were revealed.. i could not say them, for long I thought I could not remember but now, is time a miracle? in this regard? a drama or a poem.."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:56:59 AM by porcupine »