Author Topic: How do I love everyone like I love God?  (Read 2467 times)

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
How do I love everyone like I love God?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 03:43:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

This question has been burning inside me... I asked God once, tell me how do I enter into your sea of light and He answered "Love". I said but I love. He replied, Love everyone and everything the way you love.

In theory, it is understood but in practice it's really hard. Would appreciate any insights on this matter. How to love everyone and everything like we love God?

Much love to all[3]

Amanda,
There are different types of love.

Agape is a term we can use for supreme unconditional love. When you arrive at a feeling of agape for god, it will be unmistakable. Then that love will flow over into daily life. Its inevitable.

Amanda sounds like a lovely name... but if I was a girl and would be given the chance to choose... I'd go with the name suzane... for some reason I love this name...

sidi, I was just praying/meditating and the question I asked came to mind and an answer was given... as long as you think that there is a separate you... then there are others.

So maybe the question was wrong... best to ask now... how does this separate vision of me end?!

namaste[/\]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:47:59 AM by Ananda »

tonightsthenight

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 08:48:21 AM »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

quote:

This question has been burning inside me... I asked God once, tell me how do I enter into your sea of light and He answered "Love". I said but I love. He replied, Love everyone and everything the way you love.

In theory, it is understood but in practice it's really hard. Would appreciate any insights on this matter. How to love everyone and everything like we love God?

Much love to all[3]

Amanda,
There are different types of love.

Agape is a term we can use for supreme unconditional love. When you arrive at a feeling of agape for god, it will be unmistakable. Then that love will flow over into daily life. Its inevitable.

Amanda sounds like a lovely name... but if I was a girl and would be given the chance to choose... I'd go with the name suzane... for some reason I love this name...

sidi, I was just praying/meditating and the question I asked came to mind and an answer was given... as long as you think that there is a separate you... then there are others.

So maybe the question was wrong... best to ask now... how does this separate vision of me end?!

namaste[/\]

Sorry Ananda, autocorrect. Inevitable here in daily life [;)]

Separateness ends when you realize you're not separate. It is misidentification with phenomenal things that creates a sense of separateness.

For some, union happens in a moment, for others it takes lifetimes. Either way, practice and surrender to grace are the path there.

BTW, there is no voice in meditation outside of yourself. Who do you think is talking?  Who is listening?

kami

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »
There is absolutely no way to love others like I love God until I realize my true nature to BE God. In seeing who I am, I also see that everyone is ALSO God in their true nature - One. In this realization does true love arise.

What is love, anyway? Not a sentiment, not an action, not a thought, not admiration, worship, adoration.. All of those are only pointers to what it is and in the ultimate sense, only concepts.

Love is seeing that you and I are ONE. Not that I love you, because that is merely one concept (of me) loving another concept (of you). But when I see directly, deeply, experientially that we are one (not a belief, or yet another concept but direct knowing), all concepts dissolve. It is only love that can withstand torture and yet say, forgive them Father they do not know what they do. Because "they" truly didn't know. They thought they were separate. And in separateness, there is no love. At least this knowledge of love.

[3][/\]

Ananda

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 04:48:47 PM »
quote:

BTW, there is no voice in meditation outside of yourself. Who do you think is talking?  Who is listening?

That beautiful illusion of me as they say and Allah.

Ananda

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 04:52:35 PM »
Beautiful dear kami[:)] Thank you[/\]

In full honesty when I write posts like the last reply to tnt It sounds to me like I am crazy. Sometimes, I write... the author is mind... but what I really think as true... is the above... so I seem crazy I guess which is perfectly reasonable to me[8D]

Much love to all[3]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:40:44 PM by Ananda »

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »
I haven't achieved this, but i have read that the flaws we see in others are actually inside ourselves.
Although I can't completely embrace that concept either, I feel that it is true, so it helps nudge me in the right direction.

jeff

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 02:26:43 AM »
quote:

That beautiful illusion of me as they say and Allah.

We are "children" (or subsets) of the All that is of Allah/God. Praying and "listening" in silence to Allah is always a good thing. With true and full body listening, the "wisdom" of Allah flows.

Such wisdom is a blessing to all.
[/\]

Truth_IS

• http://www.supremedevotion.com
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 12:37:28 AM »
Dearest Ananda / Love-Bliss,

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful enquiry with us, and thank you to everyone that shared their own personal insights and pointers. They're all music to the ears and food for the heart.

I find prayer the simplest and most effective way to anchor myself in that space of Universal (Unconditioned) Love. The prayer (life mantra) I constantly recite is simply: "Thank You. I Love You."

[3][OM]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:37:22 PM by Truth_IS »

Ananda

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »
Beautiful[:)]

Thank you, I love you[3][/\]

Truth_IS

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
And so it is!

[3][:)][/\]

SeySorciere

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 05:43:17 PM »
quote:

Much love to all[3]

Dear Ananda - I think you misunderstood me. I thought you were asking for a practical way to love others as you love God - not just lofty ideas. Practically, we have to act. We act in kindness, with love. Then we are loving everyone like we love God. We have to act towards a person as if the person is God. And I'm saying, sometimes we succeed in doing that and sometimes we don't.

[/\]

Sey

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »
quote:

Much love to all[3]

I think Ether said it so succinctly, find how everything seen in others is a reflection of what is within ourselves (at least to some degree). With true understanding comes compassion, which is an openness of the heart that allows a natural flow of love without intensity or condition.

adishivayogi

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2014, 01:30:41 AM »
but your notions , your opinions about people, everything you have in mind to the side. that is an internal way of bowing down. soon you will be bowing down to the trees, to the scenary; putting what you think about it to the side. thats devotion-being devoid of yourself

Ananda

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 06:48:12 AM »
I had a vision of my satguru[/\] a few days back... In it he asked me what is true bathing (Religious washing in islam...)

I answered; The letting go of my thoughts and understandings. To which he said; well done well done[:)]

Thank you for everyone who contributed to this subject[/\] Salam[3]

Truth_IS

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 01:30:20 PM »
Beloved Ananda,

May the grace of your Satguru continue to shower your consciousness with Love-Bliss!

Eckhart Tolle (and probably many others) writes "words are signposts". I've also often seen them referred to as 'pointers'.

It's NEVER about the word/thought/idea/concept! It's only ever about That (which can't be thought/spoken)! :-)

But what words can do is 'serve' as a constant reminder. The Bhakti reabsorbs the ego with Love, whereas the Gnani destroys it with Wisdom. But both simply lead to That.

For the Gnani "I" points to ego. For the Bhakti you/me/we/us/I points to the Supreme (there is no differentiation between the labels).

Thank You. I Love You.

[3][3][3]