Author Topic: amaroli and diet  (Read 1307 times)

gentlep

amaroli and diet
« on: October 25, 2007, 06:32:42 AM »
It probably is discussed in the forum but I couldn't find the exact specifics. Those who practice amaroli here do you follow any special diet i.e only vegetarian food, no coffee etc. I am thinking about it but am wondering should I just start or be careful about getting into a good diet first. I eat non-veg and drink many cups of coffee during the day.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 06:34:12 AM by AYPforum »

anthony574

amaroli and diet
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 07:54:11 AM »
I am a vegetarian, but I do consume dairy. If I had one of my late-night eating "binges", which typically involves icecream, I will not do amaroli the following morning because it will have a very buttery taste to it, I'm assuming from the saturated fats. I would say as a general guideline if you are doing it in the morning try to eat lighter during the PM hours, which would involved minimal dairy, meats, and drugs (caffeine, nicoteine).

gentlep

amaroli and diet
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

I am a vegetarian, but I do consume dairy. If I had one of my late-night eating "binges", which typically involves icecream, I will not do amaroli the following morning because it will have a very buttery taste to it, I'm assuming from the saturated fats. I would say as a general guideline if you are doing it in the morning try to eat lighter during the PM hours, which would involved minimal dairy, meats, and drugs (caffeine, nicoteine).

Hi anthony,

Is it just the taste that's bad or the urine produced because of such foods has bad effect.

anthony574

amaroli and diet
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 10:35:54 AM »
Well, being that urine is a product of the blood and kidneys I would assume that one's diet deposits certain attricutes to the urine so it would follow that the better the diet the better the composition of the urine...however, the hormetic benefit of urine is key, not the nutritive.

I would suggest you research urine therapy more extensively.

gentlep

amaroli and diet
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 07:09:12 AM »
I finally gave it a try for two days, 1 tablespoon. The taste is ok but the smell and after-taste lingers for a long time. And it's yucky. Is there any wat to get rid of that or will one get used to it after a while. I brush and clean my tongue soon after  but still it is there.

Richard

amaroli and diet
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 07:18:37 AM »
Hi gentlep

You will get used to it I have been practicing Amaroli for about two years now I drink a whole mug full every morning the benefits are awesome and dare I say I quite enjoy the taste now [:p]

If you eat lots of veg and not too much spicy food the taste is a lot better (milder) but it doesnt bother me either way you will get to know what to expect by what you have been eating.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:31:51 AM by Richard »

gentlep

amaroli and diet
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 10:40:50 AM »
Hi Richard,

If you don't mind can you share your daily diet. I would appreciate those who do amaroli if they can share their diet as well.

Richard

amaroli and diet
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 12:31:04 PM »
Hi gentlep

I am not the best person to answer this question I don't have a special diet I am not a vegetarian I eat meat vegetables anything really!!! I nearly always have plenty of fresh mixed salad stuff with most things I eat, Lettuce, cucumber, several different colour peppers (the sweet bell type not chili), tomato, all as fresh as possible you name it I have it all chopped small and mixed together as part of my meal and I think that helps to keep my diet balanced.

You will find that as you move on with Yoga your body will tell you what you need you wont always listen to it I don't [:p] [}:)]... I love bacon egg and chips I cant resist Cornish pasties and I love porridge for breakfast.

If you eat vegetarian food the taste of the urine is very mild and pleasant. Very spicy hot stuff like curry (which I love) will effect the taste of your urine and so will a lot of red meat but you get used to that and the taste isn't necessarily an issue it doesn't seem to effect the effectiveness of the practice.
Having said that I dont eat huge meals the key is to eat Lightly and eat nutritious foods. I am turning to that more and more lately but diet is not necessarily a big issue with yoga as your inner silence rises you will learn to listen to your body it will tell you what you need.

Yogani's Little book "Diet Shatkarmas and Amaroli" is briliant if you havent already got it think about buying it it will answer all your questions.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 12:48:36 PM by Richard »

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
amaroli and diet
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 10:33:17 PM »
Hi Richard,

quote:
You will get used to it I have been practicing Amaroli for about two years now I drink a whole mug full every morning the benefits are awesome

What are the benefits from practicing amaroli

Christi

Richard

amaroli and diet
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 11:57:59 PM »
Hi Christi

Well for me Amaroli has really worked my health has improved 100% and so have my practices.
I used to suffer from almost constant Sinus problems that has gone completely and as I built up the dose I found my meditation deepening and my inner silence increasing here are a couple of short quotes from Yogani's book "Diet Shatkarmas and Amaroli"

quote:
While it is still not fully understood, it is generally agreed by researchers that urine therapy enhances the presence of hundreds (or possibly thousands) of vital elements and compounds in our body, and builds our immune system to a strength beyond what it would be otherwise.
. That we will feel healthier goes without saying. Yes, definitely healthier. But there is something more, something beyond the feeling of the stronger, more stable physical presence that comes with daily amaroli practice. We can feel our awareness becoming more stable also.

quote:
One way to understand it is to think of our body and nervous system as the vehicle of our consciousness. When we strengthen the quality of our body and nervous system on the subtlest level of physicality, on the cellular level, we come to find ourselves living in a stronger and more reliable vehicle for our consciousness, our sense of self. This has a direct effect on our ability to maintain abiding inner silence.

The book is well worth buying as always with Yogani's books its full of really useful information

anthony574

amaroli and diet
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 03:39:03 AM »
Richard, I too have had sinus problems my entire life that dissapeared the day I did amaroli and never have returned!

gentlep

amaroli and diet
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 07:08:22 AM »
Hi Richard and Anthony,

Thanks for your replies. I am also observing, I think, that amaroli is helping me in controlling my hunger. Is it true for you as well or is it some random event that I am relating to amaroli. If it's infact true then it would be great use in fasting.

anthony574

amaroli and diet
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 10:13:03 AM »
My hunger seems to persist no matter what I do :) But I'm pretty young too so maybe that's why.

During fasting would seem interesting, although I think it would be wise to only take a little bit that is diluted so as to not burden the digestive process during a time when it is suppose to more or less shut down.

tadeas

amaroli and diet
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 10:43:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by gentlep

I think, that amaroli is helping me in controlling my hunger. Is it true for you as well or is it some random event that I am relating to amaroli.

True for me. I used to be hungry right after getting up, but amaroli delays this by 2-3 hours, sometimes I'm not hungry until lunchtime.

Richard

amaroli and diet
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 11:14:59 PM »
quote:
Thanks for your replies. I am also observing, I think, that amaroli is helping me in controlling my hunger. Is it true for you as well or is it some random event that I am relating to amaroli. If it's infact true then it would be great use in fasting.

Its not just hunger your body and mind are both strengthened so it helps with control in general.