Author Topic: Living on light  (Read 21292 times)

manigma

• http://www.facebook.com/manigma
Living on light
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2010, 09:47:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by michaelangelo7
prahlad says he will live for hundreds or thousands of years, he is so far ahead of you that you could not even begin to imagine

You can bet with me he will be dead in next 10-20 years. The soul can never survive in such old body for so long.

Even our Sun will die one day when it gets too old... and reborn as fresh lil shiny star.

Change is the law of the universe.

michaelangelo7

Living on light
« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2010, 06:55:07 AM »
of course not christi, im sure prahlad does not even give out the technique to his disciples and attendants at his ashram. and manigma, skin and appearence have nothing to do with anything, Devraha baba of vrindavan lived to be 250 in an appearingly old man "skin". shivabalayogi's mentor and friend Tapaswiji Maharaj lived to be 185 and we read about the 1000 year old tibetan yogi in autobiography of a yogi, and the elusive saint mahavatar babaji who is said to be centuries old. outward appearence means nothing
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:00:56 AM by michaelangelo7 »

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Living on light
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2010, 01:44:50 AM »
quote:
of course not christi, im sure prahlad does not even give out the technique to his disciples and attendants at his ashram.

You know many wonderful things Michael, I wouldn't have been surprised if you knew this one too. [:)]

May you live to be 1000 years old!

michaelangelo7

Living on light
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2010, 08:50:35 AM »

Christi

Living on light
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2010, 10:39:09 PM »
Hi Michael and all,

Just came across an interview that he gave with OutlookIndia, after his trial with the scientists. He freely gives away the secret as to how he lives on light:

quote:
Was it strange for you to undergo the experiment?

I did not think of it at all; it didn’t make any difference to me. Actually, it was my challenge to the world of science

Were you aware of the reason behind the experiment?

It has to do with the defence people (scientists who observed him). If my body can help them, so be it.

Did the hospital environment affect your daily regimen?

I couldn’t do my daily tapas and dhyan. It was their regimen, not mine.

Yet you didn’t feel the need for food and water?

It’s all shakti (gestures with his hand pointing upwards).

Religion and science are believed to be mutually exclusive. Would you say you defy that?

In our dharma and sanskriti, they are the same. My whole purpose, my life, this body is to save and revive our dharma. I need to show in this kalyug what our rishi-munis were like.

Do you have any aspiration in life, do you need to prove something?

I have no aspiration, no ambition. I have no guru, no chela, no bhagat. I have only Maa Ambe. I am that.

Is this state of being something any of us can attempt through sadhana?

(Shakes his head)

Can none of us can even attempt it?

It’s all shakti. Only shakti. It comes. You can’t make it.

So does that make you a miracle man or a divine being?

(Looks stern and gestures with his hand raised upwards)
[Prahlad Jani]

All the secrets are out now. [:)]

Christi

michaelangelo7

Living on light
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2010, 07:27:23 AM »
not really lol, i already knew it was pranas shakti or cosmic energy, but how does one absorb it and integrate it into the body to keep it re-vitalized??

when people do meditation, you will see prana in the form of light or hear the pranava divine sounds, or feel surges of bliss. but these 3 are all just forms of pleasure/bliss, using prana as pleasure rather than a life source to power the body, entirely different approache and technique, still remains unknown
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:29:47 AM by michaelangelo7 »

Christi

Living on light
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2010, 07:30:58 AM »
Hi Michael,

I'll let you know when I find out. [:)]

michaelangelo7

Living on light
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2010, 08:38:34 AM »

Cipyar

Living on light
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2010, 02:40:26 PM »
People who are having reactions to certain breads/flours, have you tried soaking them first to reduce the phytic acid? Sprouted breads are great for this, as well as soaked grains and cereals.

As with milk, try it raw and unpasteurized and then see if you still have a reaction.

If so, go with cultured.

As far as diet itself is concerned, I've done a lot of research on primitive diets and illness. The research of Weston Price and Vilhjalmur Steffanson is particularly interesting. So, in effect, you can be completely healthy on an omnivore diet so long as you are eating pure, and high quality foods. It is when you start refining the food, adding hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, additives, dyes... and anything else that will poison the body and alter the food, that makes the body sick.

In addition, some of us may have true food intolerances and allergies. The best way to figure if this is the case is by doing an elimination diet, and then reintroducing that food in it's healthiest purest form. For example: removing pasteurized milk, and reintroducing it as raw non-homogenized milk. Or removing flour and reintroducing whole grain flour and then soaking it before consuming.

Well, looks like I went a little rant-y on that, hope it helps someone.

: )
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:06:34 PM by Cipyar »

Christi

Living on light
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
Hi all,

Today I'm starting a short water fast, just to see how my body copes with it. I'm interested to see what effect it has on my health, and on the energy flow in my body.

I'll report from time to time, to update on how it's going.

Christi

Christi

Living on light
« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2010, 07:19:40 PM »
Hi all,

So today is day 2. Last night my crown was fully open for about an hour with prana flowing in through it. Not sure I could handle that again for a second night, so this might be a very short experiment. [:)]

Interestingly I'm not hungry (although I was yesterday evening). Normally day 2 is one of the worst in terms of hunger pains. Day 3 is also normally one of the worst, so there is time yet!

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
Living on light
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2010, 02:45:37 AM »
Hi Christi

Thanks for sharing.
Good luck with your experiment!

Keep posting [:)]

Christi

Living on light
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2010, 06:15:01 PM »
Hi Katrine and all,

So I ended the fast after 48 hours with some fruit. I climbed the hill above my hut to the spring where I get my drinking water from, and realized that I was too weak to do it. So that was a sign. Even though I ate in the evening, energy levels were still very high and I hardly slept at all at night.

So this proves to me at least that there is a relationship between going without food and increased flows of prana in the body. Only the prana didn't give me enough strength to do my chores!

Maybe next time it will. [:)]

swaha

Living on light
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
hi Christi :)

i have been particularily interested in this topic recently..
i also did a water fast last year (3 days)..
no hunger was felt.. also no discomfort of any kind, which showed that the body was quite "clean" from toxins..
but at the end of day 3, the heart was particularily weak, though i used to add a pinch of sea salt in my water..
it was a sign to stop.. and the first thing i put in my mouth was grapefruit juice.. was felt like a fireworks of tastes and colours on the tongue, with "ripples" in the whole body.. strong stimulation after plain water!

now, it's been months i am losing my appetite.. any food i eat taste the same.. and cooked food is becoming really heavy to digest... brings the energy down..
the only thing that i feel easy to digest is fresh red grapes..
last week-end, i did several practices and got rid off emotional blockages..then, silence and peace were felt.. i sat in the garden, felt born again, at all levels..
it felt as if i was seeing, smelling, touching etc.. for the first time..
and the most intense experience of all was the sun....
i have never felt such an inclination towards the sun..
i just opened my arms, heart, eyes and received this source of energy and love...
got the feeling i could drop food and sun would be enough to nourrish me...
the following day, i watched a video about sungazing..
amazing..

in the evening, during meditation, my breath stopped, i suddenly became aware of that and in this moment of awareness, i felt as if i was breathing from the top of the head..
felt so relaxed and surprised! i was breathing from my head!!
as naturally as i was breathing from the nose!
it felt so relaxing and peaceful..
i got the feeling that really, it IS possible to live on prana..
but this should come on its own accord... with love..

Christi

Living on light
« Reply #209 on: November 03, 2010, 03:19:51 AM »
Hi Swaha,

quote:
in the evening, during meditation, my breath stopped, i suddenly became aware of that and in this moment of awareness, i felt as if i was breathing from the top of the head..
felt so relaxed and surprised! i was breathing from my head!!
as naturally as i was breathing from the nose!
it felt so relaxing and peaceful..
i got the feeling that really, it IS possible to live on prana..
but this should come on its own accord... with love..

Yes, I think this is a natural progression which can't be forced. I get the same stuff... breathing through the crown, heavy food being too much on the body (even one cooked meal a day)... the breath slowing down etc. Prana seems to come in as other things go out. But at the same time, the prana becomes more gentle and centred.

quote:
.. and the first thing i put in my mouth was grapefruit juice..

I can't imagine breaking a three day fast with grapefruit juice!

quote:
..then, silence and peace were felt.. i sat in the garden, felt born again, at all levels..
it felt as if i was seeing, smelling, touching etc.. for the first time..
and the most intense experience of all was the sun....
i have never felt such an inclination towards the sun..
i just opened my arms, heart, eyes and received this source of energy and love...

Once you get to that stage, it doesn't really matter if you are living on light, or prana or food or anything else!

Enjoy.  [:)]

Christi