Author Topic: Eating becoming a serious problem  (Read 2219 times)

Quintus

Eating becoming a serious problem
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 02:08:14 AM »
Our daily eating really matter to maintain the health and this is the thing that we must be conscious about the choice of the food in our routine life to maintain the health.

Holy

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 01:54:07 PM »
Dear Anthony,

6 years ago, when this body here had the same age as you, it ate exactly as much as you are describing. Food that would be enough for 3-4 people was taken in daily until the body couldn't breath anymore =P

Intense spiritual practices also gave more energy and willpower to eat even more.

Somehow over the years this solved itself out and the amount of food is normal or compared to some even a little bit below. The intese wish to eat has disappeared physically, so there was nothing done to handle the situation psychologically, as it never worked out anyway =P

One note though: doing a lot of kumbhakka and going deep into silence both were catalysators of "eating-more". Regulating them to a more easy niveau also balanced this happening.

Over the years the body out of itself started looking for more easily digestable food and stopped eating the other kind or just eats from time to time as needed.

Easily digestable for this body here is:

Bread, rice, potatoes, fresh fruits in any amounts.

Vegetables, salads in medium amounts, except the most fluid ones like tomates which the body likes eating in any amount.

Oils from flowers, corns and olvies, and butter from animals digest easily aswell.

Mediumly digestable:

Nuts, dried fruits/vegetables, but they are eaten in good amounts aswell, but not as frequent, just from time to time.

Digestion is hard with:

Noodles/pasta, meat, cheese, proteins in general. These are eaten only veeery rarely since ~1-2 years.

All the adaptation happened out of itself, so just practicing with self-pacing as needed and living life as it happens will sooner or later dissovle any "problems".

Happy going on =)

Will Power

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
Hi Anthoni, I am also young and have a high metabolism (not ultra high though). I went to an ayurvedic doctor and she told me that I am Vata-pitta and thus I should stay away from fasting and I should eat poultry and whitefish. Perhaps it's your case too.
By the way I tried the ayurveda dosha test online and it differed with the dosha that the ayurvedic doctor told me (she confirmed it taking my pulse with the ayurvedic style), so I recommend you to go to an ayurvedic doctor.
I find Spinal Breathing to help a lot too.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:12:59 PM by Will Power »

maheswari

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »
quote:
she told me that I am Vata-pitta and thus I should stay away from fasting

same over here[:)]
but i am vegeterian lolllz

Will Power

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 08:54:59 PM »
And here a crazy advice: Normally it's said not to drink during meals. But considering that you fill your stomach to the maximum (let's say 5/5), a drink of water when you have reached the point of being satisfied (let's say 3/5 or 4/5) may help you not to overeat, filling the remaining empty stomach with water (less heavy than normal food, so perhaps you don't feel so bad after eating). Normally it's just the opposite that should be done because it decreases the fire of the digestive sistem, but in your case, who knows. Just test it and see what works best for you.

Will Power

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 09:43:39 PM »
I forgot to say it, but the ayurvedic consultant also told me to eat only liquified food once a week (that's not fasting) and to drink ginger with water