Author Topic: Cold Showers!  (Read 4468 times)

anthony574

Cold Showers!
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2007, 02:43:25 AM »
it is a popular theory that our skin in relation to its attachment or lack of to the muscles and bones owes itself to the idea that we were partially aquatic animals at a point in history. this contradicts the popular Savana ape theory and suggests that we actually spent a lot more time in water. look up Aquatic Ape Theory, it lends fascinating insight into our noses, skin, ability to walk upright, and most interestingly to give birth.

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
Cold Showers!
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 05:45:59 PM »
aum

greetings of love and the embrace of warmth as knowing![:)]

as winter rolls with the body shrugging awake from the cold to the warmth of the cosmic cave each morning, its the yogic observation to go through the cold shower. perhaps the time to know the spirit as the dweller of the body and surrender to the inner fire of tumo that enables the dissolved mind in its union with source that has transcended the body's cozy needs.

wonder how each of our cold showers are doing!:)

all in perfect grace as the flow!

nandhi

anthony574

Cold Showers!
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2007, 04:06:20 AM »
I have to confess to backing off a little from cold showers. I live Maryland and it gets pretty cold here this time of year. Sometimes if I have enough hot water I will do the Taoist shower and alternate between hot and cold...but I always end on hot :-)

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
Cold Showers!
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2007, 04:32:18 AM »
I like to end on cold because it "seals the heat in" by closing the pores. But not always the coldest possible due to our winter mountain temperatures.

emc

Cold Showers!
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2007, 04:42:24 AM »
[:)]

I dare to finish my warm shower with a cold rush. I especially enjoy the ice cold water on the top of my head... Then, from a profound dizzy state I am aware of the body that somehow in slow motion floats out of the tub, dries itself and continues to brush its teeth, and continues to fix breakfast... [;)] Then I'm aware of my room mate, newly awake and equally dizzy but for another reason, stepping into the shower, and then... there's this perception of a sharp yell... [:D] Oh, those lovely cold showers... [:)]

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Cold Showers!
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2007, 08:02:50 AM »
Yes, I've been doing it regularly and find it great.

Been so impressed with it that I have passed it on to many friends.
Such a clean clear feeling in the energy afterwards.

I often find stroking the body with a face cloth feels like stroking away the accumulated stagnant energies. Then when changed to cold the stroking again seems to go deeper and so on.

Usually I only change a couple of times because of time.
We have an electric shower so I don't go fully cold at this time of year, just turn it down to the setting below and it gets cold but not freezing.

Also, start with the lower legs and feet, as you suggest and then go the crown visualising the energy coming down through the body.
Lovely, thanks Nandhi[:D]

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
Cold Showers!
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2007, 05:59:29 PM »
aum

thank you all for sharing thoughts and the wisdom of experience!

anthony, yes, location can be a challenge! am determined to go for it while in washington dc tomorrow- though its easier said than done but while in the process of doing, the effort in surrender is the same.. as deep hope![:D]

cold showers reminds sometimes of the monk sitting in meditation while on fire- tranquil and as spirit beyond the body.

emc, you are brave![:)]

sparkle, isnt the joy of experience worth the discipline that we create to align in? yes, the energies are clean as they are in the moment of now- cold waters washes away past and future thoughts that are karmic in nature.

a process that nandhi's masters taught was to begin wetting the crown chakra first as though being baptized. imagining the one baptizing us as our masters i.e, babaji etc etc- bring our awareness to washing away the past. when the body is later brought under the cold water, the body consciousness has reduced to the point where there is actual joy!

...the feelings during the moments just after the cold shower and plunging into meditation is most exquisite. like speeding up a ramp to be thrown into the void absolute space beyond mind and body!

all in the cold showers to flow![:)]