Author Topic: Cold Showers!  (Read 4469 times)

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
Cold Showers!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »
emc wrote:
quote:
Etherfish, yes. In the end you will have had 3 hot showers and 3 cold showers. =) It definitely tightens the skin! The skin is in shock and tries to get out of there!

Good. Then that's only five changes if you want to get anal about it. Better because ending with cold is good to have the pores closed when drying.
Funny thing about looking younger is it lasts for hours! Must be the chi awakening too.

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
Cold Showers!
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »
aum

beautiful subject that has relevance to an empowered worship.

the highest offering to give the divine is our body.

prior to a cold shower, when we meditate into the five elements- as our body being earth and water elements; the inner tummo fire as the awakened divine; breath and beyond breath as energies of wisdom ; and liberated as joy to be the element of space- the body becomes an offering!

entering the cold water is a daily baptism by our guru- our wisdom state that is in being spirit through the renewal process that is like the surrender of the body/the past/attachments into mother ganga.

sometimes the body screams- me,my,i,cold,not happy:(  scolding the body saying, 'hey body, while making love you enjoyed yourself. now make love with this sacred union too!' gradually, the body enjoys the extremes in the surrender experience transformed to joy to be sustained by the spirit we are awake to be.

dissolving the 'i' through our cold shower to feel our spirit now hold the body as an offering, the siva puja begins as knowing siva to celebrate being siva.

all in the absolute joys enjoying the wisdom below-
etherfish- 'Must be the chi awakening too.'
anthony- 'definitely a great pre-sadhana practice!'
emc- 'The arousal also happens to awaken chi.'
yoda- 'Clears the mind, the aura, helps ground energy'
etherfish- 'always felt invigorated in the morning'

inner joys as divine presence, and the cold water flows!:)

nandhi

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Cold Showers!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 10:16:58 AM »
Nandhi
Your post is so inspiring, thank you.

quote:
the highest offering to give the divine is our body.

prior to a cold shower, when we meditate into the five elements- as our body being earth and water elements; the inner tummo fire as the awakened divine; breath and beyond breath as energies of wisdom ; and liberated as joy to be the element of space- the body becomes an offering!
Such a divine way to prepare for a cold shower or in fact anything involving the body.

Namaste
Louis

salvation

Cold Showers!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »
Hi to all..
I don't know the techniques of cold shower as mentioned here.But I would like to share my experience with you.

8 years before,I used to take bath in luke warm water in winter seasons.Though I didn't like it at that time but I had no other option.Later I started realizing that my body had started to become habitual of this routine.I started to push my limits slowly because this practice made me tough mentally too.Now for the last 6 years I take bath only in cold water.
Though the minimum temperature drops to about 2-3 Degree Celcius in winters here.After starting these practices I also got rid of my cold problems..

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
Cold Showers!
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 06:16:10 AM »
aum

thank you divine louis!:)

lucidinterval1

Cold Showers!
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 07:59:43 PM »
I too enjoy to end each shower with cold water. It is a technique that Yogi Bhajan taught. It makes me feel alive and ready to face the day!
Blessings,
Paul

emc

Cold Showers!
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 11:20:56 PM »
quote:
Good. Then that's only five changes if you want to get anal about it.

Etherfish, I went anal about it [:D], and checked with my chi gong teacher! I guess it is a language translation thing that might confuse it. She said that actually she has been taught it should be six periods of each (warm and cold)(but if you want to half it into three of each that is also ok). That will be very many changes... [;)]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 11:23:01 PM by emc »

anthony574

Cold Showers!
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 03:58:14 AM »
if it were 6 of each that would be an awfully long shower unless i am standing in each period for too long. ill have to try it and maybe cut the time in each by a bit.

Etherfish

Cold Showers!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 10:29:01 PM »
OK let's anal-ize:
six periods of each is five changes, right?

Another interesting thing I noticed is where I live (in the mountains) the water is very cold. So if I go from the hottest to pure cold water, it is so shocking it takes my breath away and i can't breathe, even after some time. But if i go from hot to mostly cold but not all the way, it is still shocking but I can breathe. Then I like to go to all cold in another step or two.
Probably not following ancient tradition, but then, if the tradition was created in India, it was likely to be hotter country than here.
Then in the winter here the water will be colder yet, just above freezing.

emc

Cold Showers!
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 12:52:31 AM »
[:)]
Six periods of each (not six periods totally) means six times cold and six times hot. Let's see, do we start with hot? To get a real nice effect of the cold and also finish with the cold, huh? And six of each polarity... (*thinking* Hot - Switch - Cold - Switch - Hot... etc) must be: ELEVEN changes!

Etherfish

Cold Showers!
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 10:52:11 AM »
right. Now I  know we're understanding each other.

emc

Cold Showers!
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 06:47:12 PM »
[;)] *moving on to the phallic phase*

Etherfish

Cold Showers!
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »
ha ha. Good thing you didn't say the phallic stage, because I'd have to ask when the performance is.

maverick_21

Cold Showers!
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2007, 08:13:54 AM »
Been trying the cold showers for a couple of days... I'm a convert... there is no doubt that cold is the way to go... thanks for the link.

anthony574

Cold Showers!
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
i had a feeling you guys would take to it :-)