Author Topic: sinus  (Read 1082 times)

maheswari

sinus
« on: February 13, 2014, 07:52:33 PM »
This full moon is high in energy.
sinus are very bad over here too....since few days I wake up in the middle of the night with clogged sinus...then in the morning some mucus and sneezing
Today is full moon, mucus is very strong
Although I m doing neti pot everyday!
I wonder  if neti pot is making things better or worse?  Or it is just full moon sinus purification ? Or maybe it is none of the above just regular sinus problem [:o)]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:01:27 PM by maheswari »

Ayiram

• http://www.samyama.hr/o-nama
sinus
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
maheswari,

do you eat diary products?

anyway, it sounds like a very nice poem [:D], you made me smile [:)].

Mykal K

• http://www.aypsitehr.org
sinus
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:38:37 PM »
Hi maheswari,
I have had problems with sinuses up to 5 times a year. I found fasting a few years back, that helped me a lot. When I start to feel like having sinus problems, I start to fast. I just drink water, and after 3 days it is gone (usually it would last for 5-7 days).
While it lasts, I know that I still have it because my sinus is swelled up, but I do not have any mucus because of the fast. So it was symptom free (for me) almost. This last year or two I did not have problems with it, so my memory is maybe a little off, but I think it was (almost) completely symptom free.
Anyway, there are traditions in which fasting is recommended 2 or 3 days before both full moon and new moon. Didn't ask why while I was in one, but it is starting to make sense with your post and Shanti's in another thread. Back then it was just a chore to be done.

PS: Just to clarify, I do not fast unless I feel like it. Definitely not doing it every other week. Just a couple of times a year. Mostly in the summer, in the form of raw food diet.

maheswari

sinus
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 11:49:26 PM »
Ayiram: yes I eat dairy. ....sinus isn't a chronic problem so diary is not the cause
Mykal k: I m vatta dosha...so fasting is not recommended [:D]

Amaroli helps and I have  been doing it on and off , unable to sustain this practice due to overload...will resume Amaroli after full mon
[8D]

Mykal K

sinus
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 01:07:18 AM »
Thanks for that, never thought that fasting wouldn't be recommended for someone, except if that someone was very very hungry [:p].
Sorry, I am in a jovial mood today. [:D]

maheswari

sinus
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 01:49:01 AM »
Vata body/mind  handles fasting very uneasily...
Cheers to your good mood [:D]

Mykal K

sinus
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 02:06:16 AM »
[:D]

pkj

sinus
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 07:09:22 AM »
Maheseswari

I have similar issues from the last week as well. High energy as well sinuses are bad as well. I tried Amaroli it helps but it does the overloading. so I am not doing it after few days. May be start once things settle down. Also lot of Soma/Amrita as well. Long walks along with Yoga helps. Also i am drinking Pitta balancing Tea. I did the neti pot and it helps to clear the sinus.

maheswari

sinus
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 05:22:05 PM »
hello pkj....what you say is exactly what is happening with me...we are on the same boat[:D]

maheswari

sinus
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 09:08:30 PM »
i have to say that my sinus are very accurate....every full moon they are dripping [;)]

Radharani

• http://www.francisandclareyoga.org
sinus
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 03:50:28 PM »
I am also having sinus problems here, but of course it is spring in Florida so tons of pollen in the air!  I do find that the neti pot helps more than anything else.  I was previously putting a drop or two of eucalyptus oil in the neti pot, however, I noticed that it was leaving a thick sticky film in the neti pot so I stopped doing that (because it could be leaving a film like that in my nose as well!)  hope you feel better soon.

maheswari

sinus
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 06:10:28 PM »
Radharani[3] i do use the neti pot [:)]

maheswari

sinus
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 06:21:47 PM »
it seems that sinus is active not only on full moon but also on new moon

BlueRaincoat

sinus
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 08:35:10 PM »
Hello Maha

I get these sort of episodes too. My impression is that they are a symptom of what's going on further along the sushumna (purification? rebalancing?) I can feel a could current travelling up from the lower spine and the nose gets runny. It clears in the following few hours. Sometimes it's accompanied by a lengthy bout of sneezing and watery eyes.

I have given up neti pot myself when I realised the source of the issue is not in the nose or sinuses. I just let it be and treat it like scenery.

I hope you are not getting too uncomfortable when these episode do  occur.

maheswari

sinus
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 07:12:52 PM »
hello Blue[:)]
yes it lasts few hours [:)]
i am still doing the neti [:D]