Author Topic: Anyone here practicing Amaroli?  (Read 7404 times)

alan

Anyone here practicing Amaroli?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 04:16:16 AM »
Okay, I amarollin.

I didn't see the 'start out small' and went for about ten ounces mid-stream. Just finished my second; about eight ounces. Is it my imagination or do I feel "high" with a pleasant little crown activity?
It reminds me a little of eating hashish, sort of a glow in and out and smooth moving. Can't say I like the taste yet, but it's bearable. I leaned over my son at the computer and he said "I smell coffee". I hadn't had coffee. Guess I'd better watch the breath factor. I know my girlfriend won't like the idea so I'm keeping it private. I used to duck into the bathroom for worse things![:p]

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 04:34:51 AM »
Hi Meg:

It is a personal self-paced thing, and you should follow your inner lead on it. If you feel the need to increase, try it ... and if it is too much, then back off accordingly.

In truth, with the rise of inner silence and ecstatic conductivity, less can be more for all the practices, including amaroli. Until that situation and a realization of it dawns, things can be a bit choppy now and then...

So it is all about taking it easy with our long term persistence in practices -- gentle persuasion, you know ... doing whatever is necessary to keep moving steadily and safely along.

Unlike some traditons, we do not have goals here to reach certain durations or quantities of practice, as this could be counter-productive depending on the course of our purification and opening.

Once we have the tools in hand and are familiar with how they work, the game is almost entirely in the self-pacing. This is where the science of yoga gives way to the art of yoga. The practices are the brushes and colors and we are the living canvas that reacts to the various stimulations by the artist.    

The guru is in you.

Richard

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 05:46:16 AM »
One thing I have noticed and forgot to mention is that when you get up to a cup full and more it seems in my case at least to have a direct effect on the looseness of my stools so it seems its a good idea to self pace to avoid the dreaded follow through effect [xx(]

RICHARD

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 05:50:18 AM »
Babaly - this was from a private email, which I'll post here for anyone interested in trying amaroli:

If you are curious and want to try it, I'd suggest starting like I did
with a tblspn. in 8 oz. of water.  You won't even taste it - the
gross-out will only be in your mind.  Do that for a week, then
increase to 2 tblspns.  Do that for a week and increase to 3, etc.
That way in a month you'll be at a quarter cup, and you can decide
from there whether or not to increase it.  

p.s. - I don't recommend doing what Alan did and drinking so much the first time.  If you do this, it may well be your first and last try at amaroli.  I do like your style tho, Alan!  :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 05:54:47 AM by Manipura »

Richard

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 06:15:19 AM »
This topic has set me thinking about something that has become a habit with me and the more I think about it the more I realize that since I have become habitual with Amaroli I have never felt so well. Its strange and this applies to AYP in general as well, Changes in your mind and body occur and then become so much the norm so much the essence of you that you forget they ever happened [8D]

RICHARD

alan

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 06:24:00 AM »
Yes, I'm a bit of a nut[:)]

Starting slow is wise, Babaly.

No ill effects yet. I think I'll back off a bit. I've had approx. 22 oz. this morning non-diluted and am feeling fine, so I can give the o.k. from my experience. I'm feeling like there's no point in so much. Maybe a couple of cups in the A.M. It did seem to give me a pleasantness. Don't know yet how I'll approach the P.M.
Bottoms up![:D]

Cheers, alan
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:25:43 AM by alan »

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 06:52:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by azaz932001

Changes in your mind and body occur and then become so much the norm so much the essence of you that you forget they ever happened [8D]

Hi Richard:

Yes, it is amazing how quickly we can get used to a particular level of progress. It can even become like, well, God, what have you done for me lately?

And God answers back, "Well, what have you done lately to move on?" [8D]

The guru is in you.

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 07:43:57 AM »
quote:
And, yes, it will be given treatment in the E-Series book, at the risk of staining all of AYP yellow.

Yogani is this the reason you chose that color for the cover of your 6th book?[:D]

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/books.html

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 08:09:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
Yogani is this the reason you chose that color for the cover of your 6th book?[:D] http://www.aypsite.com/plus/books.html

Hi Shanti:

This one will be about the "nine gates" and what connects them. What goes in, what comes out, and what sometimes goes back in again. [:)] It will explore the odd contraditons we live with -- the common obsession with what we put in and the common revulsion with what comes out.

In truth, the inner neurobiological processes are where the action is, and helping optimize them for spiritual functioning will be the focus of the book, as is always the case in the AYP writings.

Just a word on laying out the E-Series titles in advance -- "Samyama." They are happening already ... well, they are done already. All I have to do is type the 600 pages. [:0]

The guru is in you.

alan

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2006, 10:26:27 AM »
Thanks for the info yogani. I just read some of the Q&A on amaroli and went to the first reference you listed. Fascinating stuff. I'll at least use the first A.M. urine as that apparently would be the best to improve my morning practice.

Peace, alan

P.S. I have to laugh[:p] When i would consider taking up my spiritual practice I never thought I'd be sticking my tongue up the back-side of my nose and drinking my pee!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 11:11:46 AM by alan »

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 11:20:17 AM »
"I have to laugh When i would consider taking up my spiritual practice I never thought I'd be sticking my tongue up the back-side of my nose and drinking my pee!"

That's funny stuff.

I just tried amaroli this morning.  It seems like it is jam packed with "vitality"!  I was kind of taken back by how healthy it seemed after I drank it.  But I did get kind of a queasy stomach which lasted like half an hour.

I'm gonna keep it up!

-Scott

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 11:49:54 AM »
Welcome Scott. [:)]

Wow, the first thing you post on is amaroli.. I am glad you thought it was "jam packed with "vitality"! "

Thank you for joining us.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 02:56:55 AM by Shanti »

Babaly

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 12:42:45 PM »
Thanks so much everyone for your posts!!!!!!

I am going to start...

Thanks Meg for your suggestion of just one tablespoon in water and then going on from there....that's sound nice and steady..

Alan!!!! You are a hoot!

"P.S. I have to laugh When i would consider taking up my spiritual practice I never thought I'd be sticking my tongue up the back-side of my nose and drinking my pee!"

this made me laugh so much :-)

Isn't it amazing how we are all so compact and complete within ourselves.... God gave us everything..... right here in this body...

I feel so grateful....

Especially to all of you and Yogani. This site has helped me tremendously. Thanks:-)

bottoms up!!!!
Babaly

david_obsidian

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 01:05:35 AM »

Meg said:
and I highly recommend not [ ] even mentioning that you do this. It doesn't go over well.

Yip.  It's not worth telling most people that you are amarollin'.  Not in the Western World anyway.

One Indian president was quite open about his amaroli practice.  Could you imagine a US president getting away with that!  No way!

Babaly

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2006, 05:50:00 AM »
Hi there,

Well I have offically begun my amaroli practice and it was very easy. I was surprized.

It didn't taste bad at all just kinda salty and very clean taste.....

Also, I expected it to be hot but it wasn't it was kinda room temp.

It was easy and painless.

I will keep you up-to-date with any more discoveries, if I have any :-)

Babaly