Author Topic: amaroli  (Read 1469 times)

Radharani

• http://www.francisandclareyoga.org
amaroli
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:35:44 AM »
I've decided to experiment with amaroli.  Today was the first experiment; took a couple of small sips straight up just to see how gross it would be, and it really wasn't bad at all.  Then took about a tablespoon in a glass of juice.  That was about half an hour ago.  Feeling kind of wierd but not in a bad way.  Interesting.  Anybody else care to share their experiences with amaroli?

LittleTurtle

amaroli
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 05:28:51 AM »
I tried amaroli very briefly about three years ago. I was under lots of stress at my job and having big arthritis flareups. I thought I would see if amaroli could help my arthritis. So I tried it for about a week or ten days with just a few drops in a small cup of water each morning. What resulted is that I became extremely fatigued. I already was fatigued but it seems as though the amaroli either exacerbated it or allowed me to be more conscious of it.  I couldn't deal with it at the time so I stopped. I may try it again in future as I'm living a much less stressful life these days.

AumNaturel

amaroli
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 06:08:08 AM »
I find the practice gives a lot of leeway with little adjustments along the way. Keeping well hydrated before sleep (especially if having done any physical exercise that day) and only light snacks later in evening make it not bad at all. It is strangely tempting at times to do more, maybe because of the bit of a boost it gives off, and if it isn't clear enough, holding the breath really takes away any unpleasantness (though that is said to diminish some of its benefits). Another effect I'm monitoring is its ability to take away or delay hunger in the morning, so it can be straight into sitting practice right after waking. It's been ongoing here for many months now at least, though I do pause for a week now and then if I have a cold, or my morning practice is offset for a day or so, though the benefits are always there and always look forward to it.

woosa

amaroli
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:04:04 AM »
Hi Radharani

I have started practising it again for a few weeks now (gave up last time for self-pacing). It's like a dial that turns up the ecstatic conductivity.

Like littleturtle, it made me very tired the first couple of days so I had to knock the dosage down. Now I have half a glass topped up with water. Anymore and the crown of my head hurts like hell!

Everyone should drink their own wee. Yay! [:p]

AYPforum

amaroli
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 01:08:55 PM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

Radharani

amaroli
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »
So I've been doing this for about a week and noticing an immune response on the physical level.  Also a bit of insomnia.  However, enjoying the feeling of strength/energy.  Not noticing a whole lot of difference in terms of ecstatic conductivity but did not expect to, the circuits being pretty much blown open already.  Will definitely continue.  thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Holy

amaroli
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 04:15:11 AM »
The experience with this body here and amaroli is more stability and strength in the nervous system rather than an increase of extatic conductivity. Or in other words, more energy can flow without noticing.

Yogani mentioned that with him "the whole thing went some notches up" with amaroli. I feel like his body mind can endure more sushumna - ajna - and crown opening through amaroli than without.

All in all to this body it is more subtle in effect compared to the other practice effects. Yet all the little things add to one another in opening and strenghtening the system more and more :)

Radharani

amaroli
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
Last night the insomnia was really bad - as you can tell from the time of my previous post, 5:09 a.m., and today I am exhausted and super-bitchy.  However, it may well be from peri-menopause/hormonal issues because I also have had hot flashes and my period is out of whack.  So I do not necessarily suspect the amaroli as the cause of this, although it's possible; I think it's probably just coincidental.  On a positive note, the insomnia occurred along with incredibly sweet, deep, ecstatic blissful meditation that went on for hours spontaneously.  So I can't really complain.  But must get some sleep tonight!!

Radharani

amaroli
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »
Insomnia has persisted.  I think it MIGHT be the amaroli, since I am also getting quite a bit of "energy" from it, almost "speedy" but without the jitters.  I've been drinking a couple of ounces a day.  I was planning to cut back today but I've never been good at self-pacing and I really wanted that "boost" of energy to get my work done...

maheswari

amaroli
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »
quote:
I really wanted that "boost" of energy to get my work done...

very well ...since now this work is done, my advise is to self pace[:p]

sivasambho

amaroli
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »
I tried it for about 6 months and it was the best time of my life in terms of feeling the joy of life. I was glowing and any skin issues I had were automatically getting fixed. Thanks to this forum, without the encouragement here, I would not have dared. Here are a few things I did along with the practise.

1. A steady sadhana
2. Vegetarian meals for the most part

Actually they seem to advise to go anywhere between 60 to 70% of raw foods. I did notice that whenever I strayed off my vegetarian diet, there was a general tiredness, lethargy and discomfort. I am assuming the toxins are not easy for the kidneys/liver to handle when taken on top of the amaroli when on highly rich food or any unhealthy diet.

Goodluck!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:08:07 PM by sivasambho »

Radharani

amaroli
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 06:42:36 PM »
Well, as it turns out, I think the insomnia was either just hormones, and/or purification of something that needed to get processed and has since passed.  There was also a bitchy/irritable "edge" that passed.  The last few days I have been falling asleep fine.  But, I am waking up earlier.  I think it is possible that I just don't need as much sleep with the amaroli.  Also the bitchiness has mostly resolved and been replaced with a large amount of patience/toleration as the purification has moved through the system...

Sadhana and vegetarian diet as usual, nothing has changed there.

Absolutely, I don't think I would have tried this without the support of the AYP forum.  Thanks, friends! xoxo

Namath

amaroli
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »
Hello Radharani and all :)

Added Amaroli today to fasting.
It was not bad at all,smell,texture and everything looked and smelled alright...till it touched my mouth...[xx(]...didn't like the warm sensation.It will take me some more trials to get over the psychological factor[:D].

So far so good[:)]...but strangely  I rarely...almost never get hungry when I'm fasting but now I feel hungry and it's still 9 in the morning...

Will report back in a week or so Inshallah[:D]

Salam

Namath

amaroli
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »
So far so good...But it's not pleasant on the days I have multivitamins...