Author Topic: Eggs  (Read 1996 times)

maheswari

Eggs
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
usually the yogi diet is lacto vegeratian and not vegan...so one can eat diary products (cheese-milk- yogurt...here in Lebanon we also have Labneh,which can be found now also in US and Europe in groceries shops owned by arab immigrants..
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strained_yoghurt
all diary is rich in B12....and one can still avoid eggs[:D]....but off course extreme behavior like not eating a cake beacuse it contains eggs is something that i dont do...you can send me all kinds of cakes[:D]

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
Eggs
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »
Yes, dairy products give you B12. For anyone who didn't read the article, plants that have B12 usually have B12 analog that blocks the body from absorbing real B12. Also, the body stores large reserves of B12, so you may be able to go 7 to 15 years without B12 before you start to notice the debilitating effects.
So you can take supplements, but read about them because B12 is not easily absorbed as it is a large molecule. Also as you age, you absorb less B12 because stomach acid is necessary and declines, and also a protein intrinsic factor is produced less. Some companies have produced a sub lingual spray B12 with a reduced molecule size that is directly absorbed.

HathaTeacher

Eggs
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 05:39:51 AM »
Thanks Ether - interesting. Fortunately, I'm not young, so Swedish doctors love to test my body liquids over and over, and my B12 level in blood has always been fine despite very small doses of supplements. The media here have warned for many kinds of supplements containing horse doses[:D], like 800% of recommended daily allowance, which impairs the body's ability to extract those nutrients the normal way, from food, and also creates disproportions between for example, different B-vitamins (I remember Mercola mentioned that much earlier, in some of his articles).

Maheshwari, I'm afraid lack of egg nutrition[:D] might take me into egg bulimia[:D] and make my Shakti bake a mazy, extremely unhealth-food Swedish "Crown cake" of mostly eggs and a little potatoes, almonds, and sugar[:D][:p]... So I better self-pace instead, at about 1 egg a week, wholy organic, from lucky hens[:)] and hope the late Swami Sivananda's spirit looks the other way[:)] as for my sins (an egg here and there, onion, peppers, and loads of garlic...)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:40:39 AM by HathaTeacher »

maheswari

Eggs
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 07:07:10 AM »
i will stick to .....chocolate eggs[;)][:D]

Holy

Eggs
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 12:47:04 PM »
Besides karmic reasons, cooked eggs need a long time to digest and till then the energy flow is blocked to some degree in the stomach area. With decreased metabolism due to lots of no mind any food that needs a lot of energy and time to digest will not be optimal. Any food that is easily digested and that gives your body what it needs, is optimal.

These dietery recommendations are of temporary nature and become more important in mid to later stages of practice and depend a lot on the intesity of the practice too.

So as a hint, when the system can't handle dense food, lighten it up and it will be fine.

Etherfish

Eggs
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »
It also depends on what else you are eating. If your diet has a lot of raw food (salad type stuff), things like eggs or meat will move out of your system quickly, but if your diet has a lot of eggs or meat or dairy (animal products)it moves slowly and is more toxic because of it. Also high carbs like bread, potatoes, pasta, slows things down.

machart

Eggs
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »
I think diet is a lot like religion...there is no diet/religion that fits everybody ... Try everything and stay with what works for you.
I happen to be an omnivore in both diet and religion...

Sandyfrench

Eggs
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 02:14:16 PM »
I think some of the Hindu based religions have an aversion to eggs because they regard them as 'the menstrual cycle of the chicken'...which in fact they are. Eggs are good for you if you like them, and it is now being said that the cholesterol in eggs does not affect bodily cholesterol, so go ahead and eat them in moderation. The only thing to be careful of is eating too much raw egg white because it contains avidin which blocks absorption of biotin - one of the B group vitamins.

Etherfish

Eggs
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 11:17:40 PM »
Menstrual cycle and babies (eggs) are not the same thing.

AYPadmin

Re: Eggs
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2019, 01:26:46 PM »
Apkallu
France
108 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  09:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Eggs are the most excellent available proteins and every "supposed" biological issue in them are balanced by other biological components already within them.

You should trust Mother Nature or God as you wish.
Go to Top of Page
Apkallu
France
108 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2015 :  12:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by machart
Unless you believe the chicken came before the egg...which seems illogical to me.

The chicken was obviously first !

alecpeace
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  11:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
The idea of eating something that came from another animal is disgusting. I don't know how you people do it. I get the same kind disgust as if you imagine eating your own nasal mucus.
Go to Top of Page
jusmail
India
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  12:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Such revulsions will hinder one's energy flow and become blocks that has to be addressed. Now where oh where are my easter eggs gone!