Author Topic: A few thoughts, and thanks  (Read 635 times)

Wafu

A few thoughts, and thanks
« on: April 26, 2010, 12:12:05 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I'd just like to air a few of the thoughts I've been having this morning. Yesterday evening I met a guy who'd started started taking classes in meditation a couple of months ago, and practising every day as we here do, although his instructions were of a different school. When I asked him if he'd had any signs of internal activity or symptoms as a result of his practices and gestured to his forehead he was genuinely taken aback, asking me "how did you know this?". Apparently he'd received little guidance on what to expect in the way of physical experiences following the outcome of his practices. I shared some of the knowledge that I've learned here and from Yogani's lessons with him and he pressed me for more information, which I was happy to share. I gave him directions to the AYP site and suggested they would provide a thorough explanation of what he was experiencing and guidance on how best to proceed.

In our conversation last night we'd also spoken of the arrival of a new age of spirituality, he was also of the belief that it is time for "a big change", and that one is imminently about to happen.

This morning I awoke with a new sense of purpose, and my practices took on a new meaning. For the first time I truly realised that by embarking on the journey towards enlightening myself, I was contributing to the enlightenment of the entire human race. This realization was accompanied by intense feelings of what I now understand what strong Bhakti can feel like. My pranayama and meditation were deeper and more profound than I'd ever felt in the 6 months since I started practising.

It's also become clear to me that our activities and experiences in life are as much if not a greater contributor to our awakening as the yoga we practice. It is how we live, behave and our relationships with others that ultimately make a difference, after all.

I now believe that working towards a greater good beyond my own enjoyment and benefit is the key to sustaining and increasing Bhakti, and adds more weight and meaning to what we are trying to accomplish here. I truly feel we are helping to create something special in this community, and now intend to take every opportunity to open the doorway for others.

Finally I'd like to offer my thanks to everyone here on the forum, for your kindness and openness towards others and the invaluable wisdom you provide which has helped sustain me on my journey. My feelings of gratitude as I write this are quite overwhelming [:)]

With all my love,

Alex
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:19:26 AM by Wafu »

porcupine

• http://www.xanga.com/stellawasadiverandshewasdown
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 03:03:04 AM »
Yes! This is interesting, because I've also had a similar conversation with a friend last night, about change, a revolution, it is the age of Aquarius after all, so where is it? It seems like its happening, maybe in small groups but not in the public eye, it is not connected yet in a overt sense, but we agreed we'd encourage each other, and just keep going at it (just to know others feel similarly and are working towards the same thing is a great help), the time is right after all, its only a matter of time, over these next few years, we think. I think it'll be a revival like the hippie movement, but different, I don't understand why people seem to have an aversion to returning to those ways, nowadays, sure it has been done before, but so what? Such an amazing legacy should not die out, in one generation.. how could that be, but perhaps its when all hope is lost, that success arising, and we can truly say.. I AM THE PARABRAHMAN!! haha or something like that.. when art, music, and spirituality begin to work together again, cohesively I believe it will happen, we've just got to reach out to one another... and be unafraid, its my observation, that there is no real opposition to something like this happening, I think really its what everyone wants, all we have to do is actually **do it**...
the sixties seemed to be like when you first learn kundalini yoga... at least for me, I learned and I would do it a lot and feel great,  and I didn't even care that I was going a bit crazy afterwards, but now I see that it really is wiser to not force/go really intense with the breathing ALL the time, but sometimes if the moments right, and I am better and sensing that now, it can only be a good thing.  Its more cohesive in my life now, but I definitely don't shun the ecstatic... which I think is what puts off a lot of people nowadays, this perception of teachers as always so level headed, and peaceful, perhaps there is great bliss they experience, but it doesn't seem attainable by the student. For me mystic poetry, especially of Kabir was a great inspiration, but it takes what could be percieved as a heavy religious kick too, idk.. itll be what it is, its all coming together, is life itself not religious, a spiritual experience, divine vision of one's soul in its entirety?

Also this morning was nice for me as well, we must be on the same wavelength or something. I went read some Taittiriya Upanishad and out to meditate... good stuff
walking back all the rain drops began falling in the lake were so beautiful, Goddess is alive! hey!!
[:D]

may the Pomo's blessing be upon ye!

DEER POWER, FISH POWER, RACCOON POWER! THUNDER LIGHTNING! YEAH!!

peace amigoas

p.s. and yeah it is in the smaller actions, throughout, its like they say, a Way, and not just a practice, even though technically i'm not sure the difference there
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 04:49:53 AM by porcupine »

NagoyaSea

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 11:57:04 AM »
Alex, thank you for the insightful and uplifting post. I especially appreciated it after a day like today where I seemed to be stumbling around in crabbyville for a while---it helped me refocus and reset my attitude.

blessings!
Kathy

Wafu

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:23:20 AM »
Thanks for your replies guys [:)]

I'm truly glad that the post brought you something positive Kathy, your blessings are received with the utmost gratitude! How have you been feeling since? It's been a great week for my Bhakti, I've been at home for a little while to stay with my parents and sister.

I bought my sis Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living Vol. 1 for her birthday a couple of months ago, and I've been overjoyed to learn that she has turned into a diligent little meditator! [:D] It is such a great feeling to be able to pass on everything we have to other people and see them start off on their own journey. I have high hopes for her.

Namaste [:)]