Author Topic: Question on control and cultivation of energy  (Read 810 times)

acceptlife

Question on control and cultivation of energy
« on: April 24, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and it is really great to see a large amount of information here. This is really a great service!

My question (I think this is the right place to post):

I am 20 and I have no control over my sexual impulses. I seem to have lust coming up whenever I see a women. I was mastarbating daily for about about 5 years until last year. Now I have some control and mastarbate 1-2 times a month. But, I have no control of my erection :(
Is it possible to regain control of erection? and I don't know where to start with the practices to control and cultivate energy.

Also, I don't know about yogic practices except I am doing meditation almost daily for about one year now. And after reading a lot of advaita books, I realized that I had been doing all this for just egoic pleasure and I have developed a complex spiritual ego. So, I decided to start all over again.

Any help or suggestions is welcome!

Thank You
Acceptlife

jeff

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 11:29:06 PM »
Acceptlife,

At 20, your reaction is very common. All of us are pretty much the same. Increasing awareness is the key. Try to watch yourself when you get an erection. When it is happening, maybe try to remember to ask yourself "are you there?"

Peace & Love.

acceptlife

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:18:27 AM »
Thank you for your reply Jeff. I will work to increase awareness and do some inquiry!
Peace

HathaTeacher

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:32:11 AM »
It just takes some time and patience. When I was 18, I wore Lee Rough Riders everywhre[:D] because it was the only thing that (at least partially) concealed my frequent erections. In my 20ies, I wished everything to happen overnight, or be learnt overnight; it didn't/wasn't. The secret is repeated practice; and, your past experience of meditation is an excellent stepping stone.

See also:
www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=9356#80761
www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=9356#80867

chit-ananda51

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:05:33 AM »
hi acceptlife,

Why not try rolling your tongue onto the soft palate(as in Khechari mudra).. in that case, if you feel stimulated, let the energy flow upwards and remind you of a higher ideal. [:)]

I personally found it practically useful as at an age when our hormones are at its full swing.. instead of feeling bad/guilty about it, make them work for you. [8)]

If you work with the tantric practices(smthng like Big Draw by Mantak Chia) given here, over days you will get used to mentally moving the energy upwards gently during erection(if that is what really bothering you).

acceptlife

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 02:47:09 AM »
Dear Hathateacher

What you have pointed out really resonates with me very well! I seem to be highly impatient and wish everything to happen overnight! And I agree that secret is to practice! Thank you very much for the reply!

Hello chit-ananda51

Thank you for taking your time to reply! I am new to tantric practices and I am checking out methods to move energy upwards! I will check out Big Draw by Mantak Chia!

Chiron

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »

Akasha

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »
Hi acceptlife[:)],

You should find spinal breathing is just the ticket for uncontrollable erections.Works a treat!!And i'm not making this stuff up.

If you feel it coming on or you're in a public place or whatever simply doing one round of SpB is sufficent and exactly what is involved---->>You Raise or visualise the energies travelling from   the root/perineum to the head or third-eye taking your time as you go up just like here at AYP, then when you're there,i.e  have arrived, you may then hold for a few secs perhaps as is comfortable(i.e slight or shortish kunbhaka/retention) perhaps give them a little spin at the cap/crown/or just below it,i.e third-eye( you can visualise it as a milky white liquid  or light as I have done swirling around  the cap or crown  or third-eye or whatever though that is optional)  before sending, i.e
 returning the energies back  down to  root for grounding. It is the MOST effective thing  that i know of that does actually work and very well INDEED.It is the only thing that i know of that should work every time no matter how big the problem is especially if it's in a public place.Be prepared to be amazed!! AS this is how effective it really is although you don't really want to end up with any energgy problems so you may choose to employ it sparingly( and yes this can be a little embarassing this thing) Another thing is to let go and feel the lurve or love..

I have done it when or while standing in tadasana when attending a hatha yoga class with lot of beautiful girlies around.Trust me, it works and very effective.In fact the only thing i know of that does work;by that, i mean every time no matter how seemingly uncontrollable.

Also at twenty years old the hormones maybe running a real riot so i just would'nt be too hard on yourself (Ho-Ho-Ho [:D])

I found it worked particularly well in one or two slightly embrassing situations in particular the one i mentioned.......No doubt one for the (AYP) log-books...

....Banked.....lol

As has been mentioned elsewhere much of yoga is about raising energeis as well as balancing & harmonising them,grounding them when there's too much.i.e excess etcetera.

If it was something real chronic you could always speak to a doctor but what you've said sounds quite normal and healthy,particularly at 20.

I suspect you may find this useful or someone else might.....

acceptlife

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »
Hello Chiron

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have started to learn to flex the pc muscle.

Hello Akasha

Thank you very much for your reply. Spinal breathing is really good and easy!