Author Topic: alternatives to blocking?  (Read 3935 times)

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
alternatives to blocking?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 08:45:32 AM »
Hi CT,

It definitely is an additive practice, so self-pacing is required (for me at least) and so is having stability in your existing practices. I see it as turbo-charged energy being directed up the sushumna, so there will be purifying effects even if it is not apparent at first.

Personally, I keep a close eye out for "over-doing" symptoms (excessive release, prana-burn, emotional upheaval etc.) and if I encounter any I self-pace accordingly.

Hope this helps,

A

cosmic_troll

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 06:31:45 PM »
Thanks, Anthem. I'll keep your advice in mind as I add the practice.

ycloutier2000

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 11:00:34 AM »
From the Papridika:

ch. 3 v. 42: “When the upper cavity of the palate is sealed by khechari mudra, the bindu or semen cannot be lost even if one embraces a beautiful woman.”

ch. 3 v. 43: “Even when there is a movement of the bindu and it enters the genitals. It is seized by closing the perineum and is taken upward.”

It works very well...

Balance

• http://noplanezen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 11:31:13 AM »

Is that so? I haven't had sex for a year and a half. That's about as long as I've been performing kechari. I'll have to try that out someday.

Sitting here, looking around in the University library really makes one think....[}:)]

Kirtanman

• http://livingunbound.net
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 07:18:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Is that so? I haven't had sex for a year and a half. That's about as long as I've been performing kechari. I'll have to try that out someday.

Sitting here, looking around in the University library really makes one think....[}:)]

Wow ... if all we males could just remember what you so clearly elucidate in this message ......

(sigh)

.... our Yogic energy and purification could be enhanced many-fold by this simple awareness, alone ....

... namely, of course, that .....

.... thinking is devilish!

[;)]

[:o)]

On the other hand, though, introducing willing and joyfully sexual college women to the truly beautiful world of Tantric / Yogic energy and attendant intimate connection, on the other hand -- well, that's downright sacred.

No kidding.

That's yer basic win-win situation, right there!

[;)]

[8D]

(HINT: You know how much you value genuine, high-quality erotic intimacy with a caring partner? Any woman I've ever known well enough to share the topic with, either actually or conversationally -- has felt the same way.

The two primary genders we humans have, are a lot *less* different than daytime television would lead us to believe -- and a lot *more* resonate with many of the same things than usually believed -- including the inclination for authentic, caring and/or simply enthusiastic sexual connection.)

Peace, Namaste & Good .... Connecting!

Kirtanman

PS - And as applicable as it may be to any resulting dialog, I might suggest, "You won't *believe* what I can do with my tongue!" as an opening line to be used with great discretion ......

[:o)]

Kirtanman

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 07:42:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Alvin Chan

Hi all,

I'm still struggling with the tantric practice. For me, the chance of successfully doing it is very low, thus I end up ejaculating much more often than I would wish. I can stop the strokes whenever I decide to. But sometimes I go too close and it's too late to stop then. On the other hand, I am very much concerned about the possible side-effects of blocking. It sounds terrible for me. Is there other techniques (preferably less violent ones) which I can use to replace blocking? (without having to practice for many years....)

Alvin

Hello Alvin and All,

I mentioned doing a Tantric post in another section recently .... and, well, this isn't it.

[;)]

Too late / early.

A couple of hopefully helpful comments, though:

I got to my current "mega-orgasmic independent of ejaculation" stage through a variety of practices -- and I personally think I used blocking once.

Didn't much care for it.

Basically, my approach (which took at least several weeks to really hit "cruising altitude" with) was to roll the intensity of my Tantric solo sexual practices (aka .... nahh .... you all know what it's "aka" already ..... [;)]) WAYYYYY back.

Meaning: my goal wasn't to get as physically excited as possible, and then orgasm and ejaculate.

My goal was to experience enjoyable movement of Shakti energy, and physical pleasure, while engaging in exploratory / fun / interesting sexual fantasies (aka "A fun way to spend a Saturday morning". [;)]).

The "main enjoyability" became feeling really good, while having enjoyable fantasies, while _also_ (VERY important) -- learning _exactly_ what my body responds to ---- what exact kind of touching, how much, for how long, and so on.

Early on, I still felt a compulsion to ejaculate -- and did -- then, I was inspired by the AYP Tantra lessons to at least try not to -- so rolled the intensity back, even more.

I would then literally make myself stop, before I got so close to ejaculation that I couldn't stop.

Then --- I would "tip-toe" closer, until I was *right* on the brink, and fling my hands out to my sides, breathe very deeply and slowly (known Tantric technique for delaying ejaculation) AND drawing my attention up my spine, and to my Ajna chakra.

Directing all this energy _away_ from the physical site of ejaculation almost always worked (probably 19 times out of 20), so that I didn't ejaculate.

The "down" side at the time was: I didn't orgasm, either.

Then, as reported elsewhere, I started experiencing ecstatic bliss in my head area, more and more -- and so was even more motivated to draw near-orgasmic energy up into my head -- because it made the ecstasy even better (so there was clearly a channel being opened).

THEN -- I got to the point where I was SO close to orgasm / ejaculation, that I *thought* I was ejaculating! I felt those same exact muscle spasms ... and expected to have a puddle on my belly (remember: my hands were flung out at my sides, per my goal to avoid ejaculation by continued stroking).

Once or twice, I had a drop of semen -- but then, no fluid at all (though sometimes if I "milk" my lingam when using the bathroom, some semen comes out).

For the most part, though -- I never see it, and it is presumably re-absorbed.

NOW - here's the climax ....

(Pun ultra-intended) ..... I have lately hit the territory of full-blown, TRUE, ACTUAL orgasms with NO ejaculation, and once, without touching myself!!

(Wanted to see if a man could do this. A man can do this. [8D])

So, summary steps:

*Back away from the orgasm ....

*Back WAY away from the orgasm ....

*Develop some good fantasies -- you may be at this for a while .... I had sessions that would go 2-3 hours (in the name of yogic experimentation, and for the good of all, of course ...... [8D]), and dedicated Saturday and Sunday mornings to this, for several weeks straight ("Who cares if it's sunny out ....?!" [8D])

*Be "sneaky like fox", approaching the orgasm ....

*Be willing to abandon ship .... hands away, breath away, thoughts away, energy and attention pulled to other end of body (point between eyebrows) ..... to stop orgasm at brink of ejaculation.

*Be very faithful in all other energetic practices, especially those that draw energy to the head and brow center (spinal breathing, meditation, kechari, sambhavi, etc.)  --- in my experience, it is stirring up the energetic concentrations at both ends of the body -- and then re-training the body that the energy should go up and stay in, rather than go down and squirt out.

Hope that helps!

Peace, Namaste & Good ....... Practicing!

Kirtanman

PS --- I think this *was* my Tantra post. I tend to do that ... [;)]

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 09:55:41 AM »
Hi Kirtanman,
What a fantastic post! Love it[8D].
I developed the ability to orgasm without ejaculation when I was about 19 (before I started any yoga practices). I never mentioned it to anyone as I thought noone would believe it.
quote:
Kirtanman wrote:
 I have lately hit the territory of full-blown, TRUE, ACTUAL orgasms with NO ejaculation, and once, without touching myself!!

(Wanted to see if a man could do this. A man can do this. )

You are absolutely right... a man can do this[:)]. I did it once whilst sitting in half lotus (no siddhasana), with my hands on my knees, without moving. Full orgasm, no ejaculation. I did it by moving the energy to my pelvic area and then raising it at the last minute just before orgasm. It was kind of hard work though (mentally), and so I havn't tried again!
I was trying to think how I achieve orgasm without ejaculation. I kind of 'go to bliss' at the point of orgasm. If you imagine ecstacy to be centred in the body, and around the genitals, and bliss to be an expanded state (larger than the body) and centred around the head/ heart and silver/gold, then this might give you some idea. I know that is not a very clear description. Your helpful tips are much clearer and easier to follow.
Thanks again.

Christi

Alvin Chan

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 02:06:15 AM »
Soon after I started this thread, I've able to stay away from orgasm purely by the right attitude and mental staying power. And about the same time i discovered a vast amount of literatures in Chinese on this subject, which is very complete and include everything that are not available in English. I was so happy to have the knowledge, though I never have time or any desire to learn most of them, since we have only that much time and Yogani's tantric lessons are "quick" and enough for me at the moment.

Concerning the orgasm without ejaculation, I think it's possible. But I wonder to what end this is useful (though surely interesting..). The overwhelming feeling of an orgasm is due mainly to shooting levels of dopamine, not ejaculation. As long as the orgasm feels the same as the traditional one, the biochemistry (and thus its effects on our mind and our yoga) is likely to be the same as the usual orgasm with ejaculation.

Having said that, it's true that long pre-orgasmic sex can be much greater than traditional sex. And the "orgasm" you mean may be something else you feel good in pre-orgasmic sex, which you then call it "orgasm".

Christi

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 07:24:10 AM »
Hi Alvin

quote:
Alvin wrote:
Concerning the orgasm without ejaculation, I think it's possible. But I wonder to what end this is useful (though surely interesting..). The overwhelming feeling of an orgasm is due mainly to shooting levels of dopamine, not ejaculation. As long as the orgasm feels the same as the traditional one, the biochemistry (and thus its effects on our mind and our yoga) is likely to be the same as the usual orgasm with ejaculation.

Orgasm without ejaculation feels exactly like an orgasm with ejaculation only there is no semen released. There is also substantially less loss of vital energy (prana) than with orgasm with ejaculation. Personally I believe there is much less loss of prana than with blocking during orgasm. With blocking the sperm is released, only it is directed into the bladder, and released during urination. With orgasm without ejaculation, no semen is released at all.
I have found that when I am making love with my partner, if I use the blocking technique, then I do not feel like continuing with lovemaking afterwards due to the loss of energy. However with the orgasm without ejaculation I can simply carry on, as there is so little energy loss. I even wonder if there is any at all?
So for me, orgasm without ejaculation (and without blocking) is similar to sustained pre-orgasmic love making, only more powerful because of the added orgasmic element. I wonder if anyone else finds this?
 In the AYP lessons, Yogani says that eventually we experience a state of continual 'coming', although he does imply that semen (for a male) is continuously released into the bladder and taken from there into the GI tract and higher still (please correct me if I have got this wrong). So presumably this state is possible with no pranic loss, otherwise enlightened beings would be continuously exhausted[:D].
I am nowhere near that yet, but I think this is the state we are heading for... continuous orgasm with no external release of semen and no loss of prana, with the body drawing semen up as it needs it...

I hope this helps.

Love and Light

Christi
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 07:25:45 AM by Christi »

Kirtanman

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 02:07:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Alvin

quote:
Alvin wrote:

Orgasm without ejaculation feels exactly like an orgasm with ejaculation only there is no semen released. There is also substantially less loss of vital energy (prana) than with orgasm with ejaculation. Personally I believe there is much less loss of prana than with blocking during orgasm. With blocking the sperm is released, only it is directed into the bladder, and released during urination. With orgasm without ejaculation, no semen is released at all.
I have found that when I am making love with my partner, if I use the blocking technique, then I do not feel like continuing with lovemaking afterwards due to the loss of energy. However with the orgasm without ejaculation I can simply carry on, as there is so little energy loss. I even wonder if there is any at all?
So for me, orgasm without ejaculation (and without blocking) is similar to sustained pre-orgasmic love making, only more powerful because of the added orgasmic element. I wonder if anyone else finds this?
 In the AYP lessons, Yogani says that eventually we experience a state of continual 'coming', although he does imply that semen (for a male) is continuously released into the bladder and taken from there into the GI tract and higher still (please correct me if I have got this wrong). So presumably this state is possible with no pranic loss, otherwise enlightened beings would be continuously exhausted[:D].
I am nowhere near that yet, but I think this is the state we are heading for... continuous orgasm with no external release of semen and no loss of prana, with the body drawing semen up as it needs it...

I hope this helps.

Love and Light

Christi

Best analogy I can think of at the moment is: money. While I've heard (per Alvin's comments, and other views I've read online) that an orgasm, with or without ejaculation - depletes energy -- this has not been my experience.

For me, it's kind of like:

Ejaculatory orgasm = spending money; specifically on something that doesn't last (Example: whirlwind, high-rolling vacation).

(And the analogy carries, in the sense that if you have quite a bit of money in the bank, you can spend a relatively low amount every so often without depleting your reserves - just as you can ejaculate every so often, without "messing up your yoga", as Yogani says).

Energetic orgasm, including muscle spasms (meaning: all but the external ejaculation) = (in my experience) - saving money, and getting a little interest.

Energetic orgasm with full ecstatic conductivity and re-direction of energy to upper chakras = investing money with HUGE "ROI" (Return on Investment).

Point Being: Not only does energetic orgasm (without ejaculation) *not* deplete energy - IF (key "if") it can be re-directed (which seems to comprise a combination of neurophysiological readiness and intention / conscious re-direction of the energy) ---- it seems to provide a HUGE amount of fuel for enhancing ecstatic conductivity -- and therefore enhancement of our yogic / enlightenment path.

All joking aside - my recently mentioned proclivities for solo Tantra practice are for that reason.

I imagine it's a fairly safe bet that this is why we have two main divisions in the AYP Lessons --- and one of those divisions is Tantra.

[;)]

Hope that helps, also!

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

PS to Christi -- Thanks for the kind words about my explanations. Yours are just fine! [:)] Experiences that are SO subtle and subjective are challenging to put into words, for all of us.

Christi

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 06:19:11 AM »
I have just noticed that the most recent tantra lesson is a reply to a question from a female practitioner about just this thing.
Coincidence?[8D]
She is also able to achieve orgasm just by moving energy (with a little help from Mulabandha and sambavi).
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/T51.html

Love and light

Christi

Christi

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 07:52:30 PM »
Hey you won't believe this !!!
Yesterday I saw on the front page of a British newspaper, that scientists are developing a male contraceptive pill. It doesn't work using hormones as the female pill does, and you don't have to take it every day. You just take it before making love. It releases a chemical into the body which stops sperm being released during orgasm! After a few hours the body returns to normal, with no side effects.
If this is true, and if what we have posted above is true, then this could be the beginnings of a revolution in sex. If there is no loss of semen, then there is no loss of energy. Everyone will be able to practice tantric sex for hours[8D]. Imagine the effect that will have on the vibrational level[:)].
They said it should be on the market in about 5 years ...just in time for the 2012 transformation in human consciousness [:D]

Christi

lucidinterval1

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 01:37:49 AM »
Interesting article Christi.

I don't think that is necessarily the case though. I have had a vasectomy - so there is no sperm loss - however, if I have an ejaculation, which in my case is semen loss as opposed to sperm loss, then I do have major energy loss.[xx(] But if I have orgasm  without ejaculation then there is no energy loss.[^] So for me it is the semen loss that has the effect.

With Peace,
Paul

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 04:25:10 AM »
Don't believe anyone who says you can take a drug without any side effects. They just haven't discovered them yet.

Richard

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 04:55:44 AM »
There is an interesting thread here on vasectomy that discuses whether it is semen loss or sperm loss that results in energy depletion.
I think it is generally agreed now that it is semen loss, so that pill would have no effect at all on tantric practices.