Author Topic: Burning Sensation while meditating  (Read 1348 times)

SeekingShiva

Burning Sensation while meditating
« on: October 22, 2007, 03:45:43 AM »

Sometimes I get a strange but quite frequent very mild burning sensation around my  anus while meditating. I am not sure what is going wrong or is it part of Kundalini rising.

Can somebody guide me?

Thanks

mr.regular

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 05:44:42 AM »
I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like what you are experiencing is termed "success."

In my humble opinion that burning you feel is the clearing of a path between the two poles of your divided consciousness.

Someone once induced a sensation in my lumber spinal region, a sensation I would describe much as you've described this heat you're feeling. Below the lumbar, I was already "clear."

If you ever get a chance to experience that "heat" (if you examine it thoroughly, I think you'll find that it's really vibratory in nature)extending all the way from your perineum to your brain, do nothing. Let it happen.

If you're extremely lucky, you'll cease being two conflicting minds at opposite ends of your own spinal coloumn.

Anyway, that's the opinion of some jerk on a BBS.

SeekingShiva

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:26:27 AM »

Finally somebody replied as nobody responded to my post for long time.

Since I am new to Kundalini so I was wondering whether this heat is a sign of me doing it right or wrong.

Once again thanks for validating my thought.

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 04:35:26 AM »
Hi SeekingShiva,

Welcome to the forum. [:)]

The symptoms you describe are that of kundalini... esp since you say it happens during meditation...
Look here Energy - Excess Kundalini Symptoms? for some more info.

Thanks for joining us.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 04:37:27 AM by Shanti »

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 04:37:42 AM »
Hi SeekingShiva:

It is a fairly common symptom of purification and opening in that area. It should smooth out and transform over time, becoming more energetic and ecstatic in its nature, corresponding with openings higher up and the rise of ecstatic conductivity in the body.  

If the symptom becomes excessive and uncomfortable, then self-pace practices accordingly, particularly mudras, bandhas and any kumbhaka (breath retention) you may be doing. For more on dealing with energy imbalances, see: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/69.html

All the best!  

The guru is in you.