Author Topic: Kechari Mudra  (Read 410 times)

AYPadmin

Kechari Mudra
« on: April 16, 2020, 01:20:50 PM »
Shamith
India
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2018 :  11:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Respected, can you tell me. How did you enter into kechari 4 and up. What was the angle ? I

quote:
Originally posted by albechan

Dear All,
I would like to request your kind advice with regards to kechari mudra as I read with deep interest what you wrote.
I already wrote another similar post, but I realized it was on the wrong section.
Although I just started to practice yoga, I became strongly interested in the discipline because of my innate ability to perform kechari mudra. I am 39 and I've been playing with my toungue behind the uvula since I was a child. I can literally spend hours with my toungue resting on "the secret spot" Yogani mention at the base of the nasal sept and can reach kechari 4 with great ease thanks to the unusual anatomy of my toungue (very long, very thin when stretched and with an extremely malleable frenulum). Perhaps, I can even do kechari 5 as I can fold back my toungue enough to block any air intake through my throat. As I just discovered the importance behind this practice, I've been doing it with much more attention and interest.
I am lucky enough to have a job and a life style which allows me to spend long hours in silence (I do meditation pretty regularly as well) so that I can go on with my daily routines while keeping my toungue resting on the secret spot and focus on breathing. Still I don't really feel the ecstatic conductivity you talk about. I wanted to understand if you think it's ok to keep practicing kechari mudra for such a long time (I can last on stage 2 easily 7-8 hours per day as that position feels more comfortable to me than keeping my toungue in a ?normal? resting position). On a side note, I can say that I have never experienced any strain or discomfort from this.
Thank you so much for your time.
Love

Shamith
India
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2018 :  11:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
People who have finished Kechari Stage 4. Requesting help with the request.

Which is the right angle to insert the tongue and upward ? Up beneath the secret spot. It seems the passage is closed, not upward. Thanking you.

Shamith
India
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2018 :  01:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Can one tell me which side is the entry level to go up. Is it the side where secret spot is or opposite side. Thanking you

Leonardo Neiva
Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2019 :  12:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you this post has helped me a lot to connect in essence

Jesus2.0
Algeria
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  1:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi guys and galls.
I have read the lesson on kechari mudra and found it to be quite accurate, although I do not believe any yoga has to be difficult or complicated or that anyone should intentionally cut/snip their frenulum, this is poor advice in my humble opinion.
Any questions will be answered with love,
Namaste x

Jesus2.0
Algeria
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  2:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

I honestly believe kechari mudra to be one of the most important ?physical keys? to acension! Not to be taken lightly or entered into until you are ready to let go of everything you?ve ever known and experience reality x

Z1839
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2019 :  12:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I have two brief questions on kechari mudra.

First, I feel like i've nearly reached the nasal passage area. Do the bones/cartilage in the septum feel like they have a different texture than the soft, slimy texture of the soft palate? It feels sort of long a sponge to me.

Also, does the mouth need to be open at all? I've watched some videos on Kechari mudra and they usually have an open mouth, but I wasn't sure if they were just doing so to show the camera.

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2019 :  3:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I can do ketchari 2, and the tip of my tongue touches the bone cartilage you see at the nasal hole on a skull. Everything below that is the slimy/soft tissue you mentioned.

If I open my mouth slightly it moves the tongue maybe a millimeter higher. I have seen those YouTube videos, and they are indeed doing it to show you. Generally the mouth remains closed.

Z1839
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2019 :  7:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

I can do ketchari 2, and the tip of my tongue touches the bone cartilage you see at the nasal hole on a skull. Everything below that is the slimy/soft tissue you mentioned.

If I open my mouth slightly it moves the tongue maybe a millimeter higher. I have seen those YouTube videos, and they are indeed doing it to show you. Generally the mouth remains closed.

Thank you! It seems like I may be close to stage 2. What happens is that I roll my tongue back until I find some pressure. After, there's a sort of popping feeling and the tip of my tongue snaps erect upward, and the pressure is released.

My tongue then starts stretching upwards, and my jaw opens very slightly. I feel my uvula sort of jump upward and touch underneath my tongue. After some maneuvering and relaxing into it, I feel this sort of harder spongy type of tissue.

Z1839
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2019 :  7:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Just another follow up,

My body seems to really want to do Udiyanna/Nauli bhanda while doing kechari. It seems like it helps relieve pressure and tension in my throat in pallet. Any input on the matter?

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2019 :  9:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
The soft tissue is ?the veil? you (eventually) bypass the enter 2, the harder tissue beyond is the roof of your nasal passage.

While I stay in ketchari while meditating, I wouldn?t do uddiyana/nauli then, but otherwise, if doing them is relieving pressure, why not? I have heard you can lessen a gag reflex by palming your thumb and squeezing it, and that may be the same action here: to find relief in a particular area, divert you attention to another area of the body.

Blanche
USA
606 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2019 :  10:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Z1839

Just another follow up,

My body seems to really want to do Udiyanna/Nauli bhanda while doing kechari. It seems like it helps relieve pressure and tension in my throat in pallet. Any input on the matter?

The spontaneous engagement of uddiyana/nauli during the practice of kechari mudra is a normal occurrence as the purification of the nervous system increases and the ecstatic conductivity becomes more and more active. In fact, as a result of the awakening of the ecstatic conductivity, the engagement of one mudra triggers the activation of other mudras and bandhas, in a process you are experiencing now and what Yogani calls ?whole body mudra? - see lesson 212. So practice wisely and enjoy!

CAA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2019 :  10:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I can use my pinky to move the tongue tip to the elastic band behind the uvula.. This band is very tight! Is this common with people who are successful with going past it? Does it need be stretched?

Z1839
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2019 :  5:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

quote:

Just another follow up,

The spontaneous engagement of uddiyana/nauli during the practice of kechari mudra is a normal occurrence as the purification of the nervous system increases and the ecstatic conductivity becomes more and more active. In fact, as a result of the awakening of the ecstatic conductivity, the engagement of one mudra triggers the activation of other mudras and bandhas, in a process you are experiencing now and what Yogani calls ?whole body mudra? - see lesson 212. So practice wisely and enjoy!

Thank you! It seems as if my body is intuitively trying to equalize the pressures between my lower abdomen/diaphragm and in my head sinuses by going into uddiyana/nauli. The pressure is then trying to synchronize with the effort involved with focusing my eyes at the center between my eyebrows- gentle yet intense attention to that point.

Interestingly, in my last Kriya meditation my body wanted to do a jyoti mudra type movements to equalize the pressure in my sinuses to my uddiyana/nauli. It was just my fingers in my ears and eyelids.

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2019 :  7:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
I can use my pinky to move the tongue tip to the elastic band behind the uvula.. This band is very tight! Is this common with people who are successful with going past it? Does it need be stretched?

No, it will yield when you are ripe for it. Just keep playing with it as you are, and also dedicated to your meditation practice, for that prepares you also.

CAA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2019 :  8:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I should have been more clear.. Didnt mean stretch with a tool per se, just with the tongue itself by repetition. I can feel it kinda wanting to give way.

Z1839
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2019 :  5:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
It seems like I?ve made some breakthroughs in Kechari. I?m not sure what specific stage I?m in, as I can?t really tell where my tongue is specifically. I?ve decided to just follow the energy. It seems like if I focus on shambhavi mudra, my tongue seems to want to just want to continue kechari.

Anyway, what happened was I felt like my tongue went back into a nice secure position, and the tip of my tongue was balancing my shambhavi mudra and breathing. I felt this sort of slow spinning wheel that was rotating to the rhythm of my breathing in the area of shambavi mudra, with the slight effort needed to keep my tongue in place. It was rotating on the tip of my tongue.

I was wondering if anyone can relate. I know people experience meditation phenomenon differently. Just curious to hear!

Z1839
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2019 :  10:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I?m noticing my frenulum has some white, calcified like stuff developing on it. Is there a way to get rid of it, like scrape it off?

Z1839
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2020 :  09:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Can anyone recommend a good guide on using a cuticle snipper to snip the frenulum?

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2020 :  09:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:

Can anyone recommend a good guide on using a cuticle snipper to snip the frenulum?

Hi z1839,

You can find guidance in this lesson:

Lesson 108 - Kechari Mudra - A Giant Leap for Humankind

Christi
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:30:31 AM by AYPadmin »