Author Topic: Hugging Myself  (Read 400 times)

AYPadmin

Hugging Myself
« on: July 16, 2019, 11:39:30 AM »
Ananda
3103 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  7:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I am writing this down because i feel it should be shared and not left out of memory..

A couple of months back.. My spiritual practices reached a very intense point.. I was living the sufi dream with as much spiritual scenery as you'd want or wish for.. It all ended after i got really sick.. But during in between i was left with the understanding and recognition of one experience...

During my practice.. Especially repeating the great name of god.. I reached a point where i could not hear nor recognise any thought or sound or vision but as god/awareness.. During this episode my eyes would swell up with tears every night.. The love and joy was overwhelming.. I realized god/awareness and he was my beloved.. The love of love.. The heart of it.. And it was none other but me.. No speck of me was other than him. So i started hugging myself out of love for myself. For god/awareness.

This is our nature. Allah/love/awareness

I am writing this because i want to keep this good memory. Life and inner tendencies tend to make the person go up and down. This is why i am writing this memory. This realization.

We are all one yet none.

Love
sunyata
USA
1395 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  7:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page
Dogboy
USA
1584 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  8:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page
Samadhi
USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  8:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page
SeySorciere
Seychelles
1151 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  02:50:26 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Dear Ananda,

I love the way you always come back with these nuggets of gold. Blazing Bhakti.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  10:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I hug myself too, and advocate the same when I lead meditations in my massage class. Cross the arms, stack the elbows loosely on top of each other, and touch the posterior side of the shoulders (deltoids, infraspinatus, scapular/acromial area, etc.) with full hands. It's a great compression pose of self-love, as you have so poetically reported.

Love thy neighbor as thyself. The golden rule.
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1551 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  11:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
  Ananda
Go to Top of Page
Ananda
3103 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  12:46:12 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Much love to all
Go to Top of Page
kumar ul islam
United Kingdom
670 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  3:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply