Author Topic: Ready to progress from 10min DM/1x day  (Read 569 times)

Jack

Ready to progress from 10min DM/1x day
« on: December 26, 2012, 10:16:53 AM »
Hi,

Due to previous issues with overloads, conflicting lifestyle, etc. I stopped all meditation practice, then picked up again with a simple ten minutes of Deep Meditation each morning, preceded by a couple of asanas to wake my sleepy body up, then followed by 15 minutes rest.

I do not often access much stillness.

To be fair, I have recently quit smoking and masturbation so that may contribute to that.

Now that I have eliminated some of these habits for a couple of weeks, and I seem relatively stable in my practice (though lacking perhaps in depth of experience), I feel ready to add to my practice..

This is where contributions are welcome.

Perhaps I could introduce a second sitting in the evening of ten minutes? See how that goes for a month or two?

Or perhaps five minutes SBP before the DM, but keep to once a day.

My one misgiving is that I feel the need to be more centred in my body. Perhaps I should reserve the evening for a more grounding practice, (ten points practice/earth breathing, aka. Dharma Ocean)

Oh I really don't know. My body is very tense, especially neck and belly.. rigid!

Suggestions welcome!

Jack

SeySorciere

Ready to progress from 10min DM/1x day
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:53:38 PM »
Dear Jack,

Well done. It takes bhakti not to give up. I would recommend you add ten minutes DM of evening practice. I find DM to be more gentle than SB (but note that is a personal thing) - so hopefully it will not trigger overload but will help you establish yourself firmly in the twice daily sittings.

Good luck

Sey