Author Topic: size of frenum cut  (Read 872 times)

ranjan

size of frenum cut
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:03:32 PM »
Hari om

Hi everybody ,I am new to this forum,I came here to know more about kechari mudra.after studing the literature in site and all these disscussion in forum.I am very happy that their so many persons struggling to become enlighted.

I have understood that we have to cut just a hair breath of the frenum for streting the tounge.
but I am not clear weather we should cut the frenum from top portion i.e. from bootom of tounge till the sailva glands at the  bottom of frenum. or is it just enough to make a hair breath size  at the middle of frenum and then go on cutting at the same point.

I didnt get the cuticle nipper nor the toe nail nipper.so i am trying with a blade trying to cut at the middle of frenum strech and after the cut the one or two drops of blood flow and then i put the mixture of salt & termeric powder on it.I have to keep the tounge streched in kechari for as long as possible or may be one ar two hours.

I have one more problem when i keep my tounge in kechari mudra.the sailva keeps on coming.what i do is i keep on swalloing the saliva.is it correct?

and also i feel like cutting the frenum daily in morning.as I feel no pain in doing it.is it correct?

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
size of frenum cut
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 04:02:34 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ranjan

I didnt get the cuticle nipper nor the toe nail nipper.so i am trying with a blade trying to cut at the middle of frenum strech and after the cut the one or two drops of blood flow and then i put the mixture of salt & termeric powder on it.I have to keep the tounge streched in kechari for as long as possible or may be one ar two hours.

I have one more problem when i keep my tounge in kechari mudra.the sailva keeps on coming.what i do is i keep on swalloing the saliva.is it correct?

and also i feel like cutting the frenum daily in morning.as I feel no pain in doing it.is it correct?

Welcome to the forum Ranjan.[:)]

Be careful with a blade, it is very sharp and not easy to control, esp. after the first few cuts, when you start getting closer to your tongue.

Since you are new to the practice you will have the saliva problem for a bit, but the excess saliva and the need to swallow often will go away. Just give it some time. And for now, yes it is correct to keep swallowing.

If you feel like cutting the frenum every day, you could, but we don't recommend it... and right now it may not hurt.. but as you start getting closer to the tongue and the frenum gets thicker, it will hurt. In yoga, it is better to take it slow, snip once a week maybe and let it heal. Stretch and milk your tongue in between so as to get the maximum out of the cut. Just remember, anything in this path is a marathon, not a sprint.. so take it easy.. be comfortable.  

Wish you all the best.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:27:28 AM by Shanti »

ranjan

size of frenum cut
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Welcome to the forum Ranjan.[:)]

If you feel like cutting the frenum every day, you could, but we don't recommend it... and right now it may not hurt.. but as you start getting closer to the tongue and the frenum gets thicker, it will hurt. In yoga, it is better to take it slow, snip once a week maybe and let it heal. Stretch and milk your tongue in between so as to get the maximum out of the cut. Just remember, anything in this path is a marathon, not a sprint.. so take it easy.. be comfortable.  

Wish you all the best.

Hari Om

Thankyou for the guidelines dear shanthi [:)]

I have understood u r points [8D].but my doubt of the length of frenum to be cut is not clear.i shall put it again.

Now the frenum Stretches from the lower part of tongue to the saliva glands. now it is  understood that we should cut the frenum by a hair breath only. but what about the length of cut from top to
Bottom. is it enough to cut in the middle of frenum and go on cutting it at same point [?].
Or cut the tread like thing(frenum in tension) from top to bottom completely i.e. from the bottom of tongue to the saliva glands [?]  

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
size of frenum cut
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:11:02 PM »
quote:
is it enough to cut in the middle of frenum and go on cutting it at same point [?].
Or cut the tread like thing(frenum in tension) from top to bottom completely i.e. from the bottom of tongue to the saliva glands [?]  

Sorry Ranjan, missed that part of your question.

You have it right, cut the middle of frenum, and snip only at one point, or as Yogani puts it in Lesson 108 - Kechari mudra – A giant leap for humankind "When we lift our tongue up, we can see right away where the point of greatest stress on the frenum is. ". And yes, make all future snips at the same place.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:16:42 PM by Shanti »

ranjan

size of frenum cut
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 11:42:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Sorry Ranjan, missed that part of your question.

You have it right, cut the middle of frenum, and snip only at one point, or as Yogani puts it in Lesson 108 - Kechari mudra – A giant leap for humankind "When we lift our tongue up, we can see right away where the point of greatest stress on the frenum is. ". And yes, make all future snips at the same place.

Hari Om

Thank you Shanti for the fast reply and u r advice. [:)]

I am now completely ready for frenum snipping.  [:p]

Jai Shri Krishna

zenflesh

size of frenum cut
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:50:01 PM »
Namaste' Dear Ranjan/Shanti
I have been doing a bit of a meditation for the past couple of months. Lately I got much interested in Kechari and started preparing for it for nearly two months.
Now I am in a position of taking my tongue behind the uvula with the help of my index finger. This has happened only yesterday. Now the tip of my tongue doesnt touch anywhere, it only stands erect being full stretched. I do a bit of Talavya kriya as I have time (even while driving) and also stretch the tongue as I take bath in the morning.
I have been meditating about an hour or so a day, (in one or two sittings). I am mainly doing third eye meditation sitting in Sukhasana/Siddhasana. Although at times I could get a stillness of mind here and there, it never persisted. I am distracted a lot as I meditate.
Kindly shed some light on acheiving the Kechari and general progress in meditation in my case.
Thanks a lot for your time
Namaste

ranjan

size of frenum cut
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by zenflesh

Namaste' Dear Ranjan/Shanti
I have been doing a bit of a meditation for the past couple of months. Lately I got much interested in Kechari and started preparing for it for nearly two months.
Now I am in a position of taking my tongue behind the uvula with the help of my index finger. This has happened only yesterday. Now the tip of my tongue doesnt touch anywhere, it only stands erect being full stretched. I do a bit of Talavya kriya as I have time (even while driving) and also stretch the tongue as I take bath in the morning.
I have been meditating about an hour or so a day, (in one or two sittings). I am mainly doing third eye meditation sitting in Sukhasana/Siddhasana. Although at times I could get a stillness of mind here and there, it never persisted. I am distracted a lot as I meditate.
Kindly shed some light on acheiving the Kechari and general progress in meditation in my case.
Thanks a lot for your time
Namaste

Hari Om

Namaste zen

Oh zen u are forward from me .I would like to know that have u cut u r frenum or not.

If have doubt please raise the question  as a new topic as many cannot see this from here and i might not be able to help u much
the below  link it might be useful

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/108.html

and their are many information in this site and forum.

i will be happy if that helps u

Jai Shri Krishna

zenflesh

size of frenum cut
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 01:33:17 AM »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by zenflesh

Hari Om

Namaste zen

Oh zen u are forward from me .I would like to know that have u cut u r frenum or not.

If have doubt please raise the question  as a new topic as many cannot see this from here and i might not be able to help u much
the below  link it might be useful

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/108.html

and their are many information in this site and forum.

i will be happy if that helps u

Jai Shri Krishna

Dear Ranjan!
Thanks for the reply! It was lightning fast!
No I haven't cut my frenum although there was a small 'cut' formed naturally as I was stretching my tongue frantically backwards with the help of my finger ever since I could touch the uvula.
I have read the AYP lession 108.
I have posted my question as a new topic as you advised. Thanks alot Ranjan! Namaste'