Author Topic: ### How to learn TM- Sidhi here?  (Read 2671 times)

AYP

### How to learn TM- Sidhi here?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 04:35:28 AM »
Hi again weaver, You are right! I have just read for the first time lesson 150 (Samyama practice) and as far as I know it is EXACTLY the TM-Sidhi :)) it's not a big problem to find the sidhi sutras in the internet I already saw them in some sites, I also read lesson 151 (Samyama: Settling in with your sutras) and the following lessons which explain it in more details.

I know that I have to read this lessons for several times in order to understand it good, but I think that it will help me if you can answer some questions that I'm having right now after first reading:

1. What is the different between thinking my mantra in the first 20 minutes, and thinking the sutras? I'm not sure that I understood that.

2. I did not understood sutras 9 "Akasha – Lightness of Air", should I think of the word "Akasha"? (which means nothing to me) or should I think "Lightness of Air" (like a helium??)

3. The second sutra is "Radiance", when I think of this word I get only negative connection/meaning such as nuclear radiation, or Radiance going out of the solar phones. Should I still use it?

Thanks!

AYP

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 04:39:15 AM »
Thanks for the 2 additional links, I'm reading them right now.

weaver

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 04:53:29 AM »
Hi AYP,

You are welcome! I'm glad you found the right lesson for the technique.

1. The main difference between Deep Meditation and Samyama deals with meaning:

Meditation: no meaning involved, just repeat the mantra.
Samyama: pick up the sutra once very faintly mentally, and let it be associated with meaning, then let it fade into silence.

Remember, this is only a very condensed interpretation, and not complete. Refer to the lessons for a complete description.

2. In sutra 9 you use the whole sentence: "Akasha – Lightness of Air".

3. Since meaning is important in Samyama, if a certain word gives you a meaning that seems wrong to you, then you can choose a word that associates it with the meaning that feels right for you. For example, if English is not one's native language, then it's better to use one's native language.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 05:00:13 AM by weaver »

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 05:13:42 AM »
Very good reply  Weaver.[:)]

AYP.. here are a few threads on Samyama that may help
Subtle thoughts for Samyama
questions on samyama
Samyama, picking up word or not?

And yes Lesson 150 and 151 do explain samyama very well.. I am glad they helped.[:)]

AYP

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 08:01:30 AM »
weaver and Shanti Thanks again [:)]

I just read now the thread "Samyama, picking up word or not?" where weaver has asked some very interesting questions... but, I still don't understand how should I repeat or thinking the sutras in my head, can you please try to describe it in simple words and as clearer as you can? It can help me a lot [:)]

Also, I would like very much to hear from people who tried it, what did you feel when you first started practicing it? did you really felt the bliss feeling? how did it feel? is your body hopping when you do the flying sutra? do you know anyone here that learned it only from this site and was hopping during this practice?

Thanks!

weaver

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 08:36:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by AYP

... I still don't understand how should I repeat or thinking the sutras in my head, can you please try to describe it in simple words and as clearer as you can? It can help me a lot [:)]

You are welcome! Have you studied Lesson 150 carefully? If not, I think that's the best way to understand how Samyama works and is to be practiced. If you have, then I would need a more specific question, because I don't know how to describe the process with better or simpler words myself. Sorry. [:)]

AYP

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 09:27:07 AM »
Thanks, I'll try to read it several more times.

In the meantime, can someone answer the other questions in my last post please?

Thanks!