Author Topic: Meditation teaching  (Read 417 times)

AYPadmin

Meditation teaching
« on: April 23, 2019, 10:22:42 AM »
compassion
83 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  02:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi there!

Having meditated for some years and turned many aspects of my life around, I tend to get quite a few questions about meditation and requests to share techniques. I generally send a lot of people to the lessons here, however many are looking for personal instruction, and I occasionally sit down on a one-to-one basis to do the basic mantra meditation.

I've been curious about teaching for a while, but am facing up to the fact that there is very little chance of getting the 4 weeks necessary for the AYP teacher training course. Is there any guidance on teaching for 'non-teachers'? Is it encouraged? It seems there would be many issues about practicalities of arranging small groups that could be resolved in a lesson or book, without having to reinvent the wheel, so I'm just wondering if any information is out there or do we go it alone?
jusmail
India
454 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  11:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
There was a consideration of splitting the 4 week course into 2 separate years. I don't know if that is still on or if it will be of any help to you.

Lesson 255 would be a good start for you. Essentially, you will have to design the course. This forum would be a good way to bounce ideas.
Go to Top of Page
Christi
United Kingdom
3529 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  2:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Compassion and all,

Yes, there is a plan at some point to offer AYP Teacher Training as two, 2-week courses, spread out over two years. So the training would be the same length of time (4-weeks) overall, but completed in two segments.

That will be announced here when it becomes available and also on my website here.

Right now, there are some resourses available for AYP teachers on the AYP Plus website. I will PM you with a link for those, so you can follow-up on that if you are interested.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
compassion
83 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2018 :  04:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thanks jusmail and Christi!

That 2-week plan sounds more possible! Then just gotta save up the money. Is there some flexibility involved, so for example, if the first two weeks can be attended, but then the dates don't work the following year, is there an option to do the second part a different year?