Author Topic: Law Enforcement  (Read 4096 times)

Nancy

Law Enforcement
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 11:12:20 AM »
Hunter
My husband has been a police officer for 22 years and meditates and is spiritual as well. Work is work. I would like to think that Yoda was JOKING when the statement of handing out tickets was bad karma...
Think about being in Service..... as they say to do here in this forum and when a person is on a path of finding self.
Never, Ever put your guard down or place yourself in a situation where your saftey will be questioned.

Work is work - Spirituality and Meditation is not WORK

Does everyboy on this forum go around at their jobs and talk about their meditation all day long? I doubt it
Is no one on this forum in a management position where at times they have to reprimand or even FIRE someone? I doubt it

ONLY ALL Good Karma will come your way as a result of your choice to be in service 24 - 7.

I have watched my husband put that vest on nightly, for 10 years, and never once forget to say a quick prayer that he comes back home. When 4 am rolls around and he is not home, I cant go back to sleep until I hear from him.
Throughout his 22 years, he can tell you many stories, from undercover, detective, to DUI, SWAT TEAM, FTO, Street Cop, that when I say ONLY GOOD KARMA CAN COME YOUR WAY, you will believe me.
WORK IS WORK - Dont ever put your guard down, even on a simple routine traffic stop with a single fragile women in the car.
Meditation will help you get through the harder stuff, like when you need to tell a mom that you found their child, but their child is dead
like when the "BAD GUY" tries and attack you or grab at your weapons
ONLY GOOD KARMA CAN COME FOR BEING IN SERVICE AND RISKING YOUR LIFE DAILY FOR OTHERS

Hunter

Law Enforcement
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »
Nancy,
            Thank you for the advice, your response means so much more to me than I am able to convey through this text.

Regarding my exam, I felt confident and completely prepared for the written examination. My physical agility test will take place on April 16th, followed by the oral board interview on April 19th, which I am preparing myself for through study and practice.

Hunter

Law Enforcement
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 05:13:46 PM »
I just received notice in the mail that I passed my writen examination!
I am scheduled to take my departmental interview April 16th and my physical ability test on April 19th.

Hunter

Law Enforcement
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 07:57:14 AM »
I passed my departmental interview! Onward to the next step...
Tomorrow morning I have a physical ability test.

Echo

Law Enforcement
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 08:09:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter

I passed my departmental interview! Onward to the next step...
Tomorrow morning I have a physical ability test.

Well done! And good luck![:)]

Hunter

Law Enforcement
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 07:51:35 AM »
Well, I have had such a great learning experience these past four months. Upon following my heart, I have concluded that I do not want to work as a police officer.

On Thursday, I had such a great interview with a superb organic produce distributor in San Francisco called Veritable Vegetable. www.veritablevegetable.com

Organic and sustainable agriculture is definitely my passion and I feel excited about working for this particular company. I will find out this Monday if I am to be hired.

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
Law Enforcement
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »
Cool!  It's good to get an update, I was wondering what you did.

david_obsidian

Law Enforcement
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 01:48:13 PM »
Hunter,  just glad that you're going to follow what you think is best for you. If that's in sustainable farming, great.  If it had been in law enforcement, that would have been fine too.

Hunter

Law Enforcement
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 04:44:23 AM »
David and Scott, Thank you for the encouragement.

Hunter

Law Enforcement
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 10:31:16 AM »
I just spoke with the human resources manager at Veritable Vegetable and I got the job!

Balance

• http://noplanezen.blogspot.com/
Law Enforcement
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 06:37:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter

I just spoke with the human resources manager at Veritable Vegetable and I got the job!

Pretty cool how you went into that whole thing. Congrats on your job! Organic produce is da bomb!
[8D]

YogaIsLife

Law Enforcement
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 08:35:16 PM »
Yeah, congratulations!