Author Topic: Deep Meditation for Barnes and Noble Bookstores  (Read 2310 times)

yogani

• AYP Plus
Deep Meditation for Barnes and Noble Bookstores
« on: December 19, 2005, 02:14:19 AM »
Hi All:

Nearly 1000 free copies of Deep Meditation have been sent out to over 100 people by now, with good reports coming back, so the book is beginning to circulate.  

The following is from my email today, raising the question about Barnes and Noble in the USA (largest bookstore chain). Approaching individual stores (Barnes and Noble or any other) with a copy or two would be good. There is also a central purchasing office where I am applying, but that is difficult without demonstrated demand in the field, so any promoting you can do with local stores will be very helpful.

Also, please don't forget those Amazon reviews. Very important, and much appreciated.
-----------------------------------

Q:
I read your book on Deep Meditation this afternoon it is a wonderful book and I'm looking forward to the following books you promised in spring 2006.  

I decided to send a book to my friend in Holland and another to my friend in Seattle. With your permission, I would like to introduce all 3 of your books to my local Barnes and Noble bookstore to carry locally.

Keep up the Great Work.

A:
I'm very glad you liked it. [:)]

Yes, Barnes and Noble sounds great. See what they say. They can order direct from the printer using the ISBN numbers. Deep Meditation is already listed on their web site along with the other AYP books here, but I don't think that means much to the physical stores. Wouldn't hurt to mention it though. The ordering info for bookstores is also on the AYP books page.

All the best!  

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
Deep Meditation for Barnes and Noble Bookstores
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 06:16:18 AM »
Hi All:

It can be done at Barnes and Noble with a walk-in. See this from my email today. And do the same if you like... [:)]

The guru is in you.
----------------------

"Dear Yogani: I went to my local Barnes and Noble book store yesterday and handed the manager a sheet I printed from the Amazon website on the review of your books.  After he read the reviews he said, "Why am I not carrying these books?"  I said, "I don't know," and handed him all three books (AYP, Wilder and Deep Med).  He walked to the computer and ordered 5 of each.  So Twin Falls, Idaho Barnes and Noble is now carrying your books!"
-----------------------

PS -- This story also highlights the importance of those Amazon reviews -- doing them, and also using copies of them as this person did for the bookstore walk-in. It worked!