Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Support for AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama / Re: Evolving Style of Meditation
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 17, 2020, 08:38:51 AM »
Cato
Germany
65 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  08:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

One day I added a pillow between my back and the wall. So comfortable. No concern about discipline or alignment (though, at this point, after years of asana, I sit up pretty straight just naturally). Just feels nice and toasty. Felt real good.

Just came across this old thread by Jim.
During spinal breathing pranayama, I realize that I tend to check the mudras and bandhas and also if the spine is still reasonably straight. I understand that this should be avoided in deep meditation (there aren't any mudras or bandhas to pay attention to, either). Would you say that it is okay during other practices (SBP, YMK etc.) to check mudras and bandas once in a while?

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  12:28:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Would you say that it is okay during other practices (SBP, YMK etc.) to check mudras and bandas once in a while?

Absolutely. SBP for me is like stretching before the meet. It is the excitation and direction of prana, and my transition to the mantra and stillness. I use all the mantra enhancements, so by the time I reach the end of the first complete intonation, it is as if I have pushed away from the dock.

I, too, adjust as needed, touch my nose or tilt back my head, it does nothing to disturb my state; I am open to automatic movements, often lilting to and fro like kelp in a tidal pool. The mantra is a reliable tether in the currents.

No wonder this spills over into my asana class; often my fingers to flutter in outstretched poses. By scanning the body and encouraging it to open to serendipitous expression, one?s interior and exterior become harmonious. I endeavor to make my yoga as playful and unselfconscious as a child would, liberating my joy if nothing else! Like Jim AHK, I have vivid recollection of some play as a youth that could easily be labeled as ?yoga practice?.

Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 08 2020 12:31:59 PM

Jim and His Karma
2107 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2020 :  8:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Computer people have a term, "cruft", referring to leftover, redundant, legacy elements in computer code that outlive their usefulness (or were never really useful to being with). Cruft gets in the way and weighs it all down and is superfluous and dysfunctional. It's sort of like "bloat".

Our practices inevitably pick up cruft over time, and it's not a good thing. Especially AYP, which is so pointedly simple, picks up complication like a paper cone accumulating strands of spinning cotton candy. We HATE simplicity, and are viscerally driven to complicate it. Human beings are incapable of just letting simplicity be. Complication and dramatization are what we're here for, and we even apply them to our yoga process of simplification and de-dramatization. We dramatize the simplification and complicate the de-dramatization.

When it comes to AYP, I have tricks to reverse this process (I reread the lessons, do practices in a very different setting, e.g. on a subway, or I take a week off and restart), and it feels like scraping barnacles off a boat hull. As with boat ownership, the scraping never, ever ends.

And the surprising thing is that the bright, cheerful super-positive and poetic and beautiful cruft is the most insidious. Dogboy, what a lovely picture you've painted! But I'm not gunning for loveliness. That, too, is cruft. None of that stuff is in the lesson; it's not part of the SBP practice. There are 10 billion other lovely perspectives and actions that aren't part of the practice. When you do the practice, part of the practice is to do the practice and not willingly add STUFF (aka cruft) onto it.

It's comparatively easy to let go of negative impulses. It's harder to let go of positivity, and most seekers will let go of their spiritual platitudes only when they're pried from their cold dead hands.

Cato, the mind has a billion strings to pull, and the super-yogic seeming ones ("straighten spine! Check in on mudras and bandhas!") are just more of that. To paraphrase Yogani, if, during practice, Patanjali roars past you on an iridescent stallion while the clouds part and Indra lovingly commands you to do this or that, deem it just another offramp - like an itchy armpit - and return to practice. Super duper yogic distractions are still distractions. Don't get punked.

Agreed that it's slightly more tolerable in spinal breathing than in meditation, but when you let cruft build up in certain zones, it has a tendency to backsplash. Yoga is a wanton holistic letting go, so beware of self-flattering spiritual-seeming modes of holding on.
Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jan 11 2020 10:24:31 PM

Jim and His Karma
2107 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2020 :  8:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Cato -

Taking another take, in case it's clearer for you:

The practices facilitate letting go. If you're hanging on in order to facilitate the practices, you're backwards.

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2020 :  4:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Noted!

Blanche
USA
606 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  8:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Or another way to put it: If you still worry about mudras, bandhas, and posture in the middle of the spinal breathing, you are not fully doing the practice. There is some part of your attention left outside the practice to get involved in distractions. It is not about avoiding distractions, as "avoidance" is just another form of distraction. It is about naturally paying attention to the practice, the same way you would pay attention to a movie or to a game, and completely lose track of everything else, not because you try hard to pay attention, but because your attention effortlessly flows to the most interesting thing.

You may check your posture, mudras, and bandhas before you start spinal breathing, and then completely give yourself to the practice. If in the middle of the practice a thought comes up, "what about my posture?," treat it as any other distraction, let it pass by, and simply come back to the practice.
Edited by - Blanche on Jan 14 2020 10:40:05 PM

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  9:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Well said Blanche

Blanche
USA
606 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2020 :  8:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
 [/\]

Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2020 :  05:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Cato,

quote:
During spinal breathing pranayama, I realize that I tend to check the mudras and bandhas and also if the spine is still reasonably straight. I understand that this should be avoided in deep meditation (there aren't any mudras or bandhas to pay attention to, either). Would you say that it is okay during other practices (SBP, YMK etc.) to check mudras and bandas once in a while?

As with all the AYP practices, there can be a "clunky" stage when taking on any new practice. During this period, we will have a number of things going on that we are not used to and so we need to be checking what we are doing. But this then settles down after a while and things begin to become natural and automatic, simply happening in the background.

With Deep Meditation, we can use mudras and bandhas, if they are happening automatically, and are not too distracting to the easy procedure of bringing the attention back to the mantra, whenever we realize we are off it. If they are causing too much of a distraction, due to the increased flows of ecstasy in the body, then they can be left out of the practice.

Christi

Presence Light
Algeria
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2020 :  08:34:43 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
 [/\]

kensbikes100
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  09:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

... I am open to automatic movements, often lilting to and fro like kelp in a tidal pool. The mantra is a reliable tether in the currents.

No wonder this spills over into my asana class; often my fingers to flutter in outstretched poses. By scanning the body and encouraging it to open to serendipitous expression, one?s interior and exterior become harmonious. I endeavor to make my yoga as playful and unselfconscious as a child would, liberating my joy if nothing else! Like Jim AHK, I have vivid recollection of some play as a youth that could easily be labeled as ?yoga practice?.

Meditate and become kelp! Cute and poetic, and an apt metaphor!

Since starting Iyengar asana classes several years ago, and failing to find a nice comfy chair to meditate i, I've been doing DM and pranayama (and now ?) in siddhasana on a small carpet with a wool pad for my sitbones and ankles, plus a small pillow between my sacrum and the baseboard of my wall. My back tends to become more vertical and abs to tighten as it goes on, and my awareness of the mantra decreases. I know if I am on it or off, but I'm often not sure which one I'm on, the ? one or ayam. I've decided it doesn't matter since I definitely have energy flow and sometimes complete zone-outs, and my sense of relaxation and refreshment afterwards is very strong.

But in my asana practice sessions, I sometimes spontaneously start pranayama breathing and even to raise energy up from the root, and to straighten my back as in pranayama. When I do, my core tightens more completely and I can go deeper in forward-bending asanas. I also balance with more stability in Tree Pose and other one-legged balance asanas.

kensbikes100
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  10:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Computer people have a term, "cruft", ...

Aaaand I have to say I am moved by Jim's last post here to check my ideas and see if I am bringing forward my beloved cruft.

Cato
Germany
65 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  04:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thanks everybody for your valuable input.
Support for AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama / Re: Distracting words in Samyama
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 17, 2020, 08:25:48 AM »
Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2019 :  03:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi ConfusedSiva,

Welcome to the forums!

Dropping negative words into silence will not produce greater negativity. So, you do not need to be worried. This is because inner silence does not work simply as an amplifier of everything that is dropped into it.

Inner silence has certain qualities, such as the quality of bliss and of divine love. For this reason, it will tend to amplify positive qualities that are dropped into it, but transform negative qualities. For example is we are experiencing anger and we release the anger into stillness, the anger will be dissolved and transformed into peacefulness and equanimity creating space for joy and bliss to arise. If we release joy into inner silence, the joy will become amplified and we will experience greater joy.

So, Samyama is actually quite an incredible practice in this way. As we progress further on the path, Samyama begins to become a natural way of being in the world, happening all of the time within us, with negative emotions or thoughts continuously dissolving in the inner silence and being transformed into joy and peace and bliss.

Christi

confusedShiva
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2019 :  05:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you @Dogboy and @Christi for your explanations.

They were very helpful and is such a relief.

jusmail
India
486 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  10:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Or you could give samyama a week's break and then see how it goes.

dietarydongguan
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  07:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
This is funny in some way but glad you got an answer to your concern!
Support for AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama / Samyama Only?
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 17, 2020, 08:25:17 AM »
SuperTrouper
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2020 :  7:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Good day, everyone.

I practiced AYP as it's taught about 5 years ago. My experience with it in the 3 months I practiced it were relatively profound. I stopped, because I reached what felt like a spiritual precipice. I'd been in that situation once before, when I was 21 (I'm 35 now) and had been practicing from "A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya" for about 7 months, and at that time had the courage to 'step over the ledge' and what I experienced on those two consecutive nights of meditation profoundly influenced my life ever since. But this time I did not have that courage, and let go of my AYP practices.

At the time of my first practice of the AYP system, though, I hacked away at the techniques for a couple months with little to show for it. DM, spinal breathing, sambhavi, mulabandha, siddhasana, a program of asana, kechari, and even the chin pump jalandhara. I know that that is technically a lot of stuff in a fairly short time, but most of these were not new to me, from my extensive experience with advanced yoga techniques from the coursebook I previously mentioned.

But when I added Samyama to my twice daily workload around the 3rd month, everything changed. I started to genuinely feel benefits from what I thought were the techniques. But I still didn't enjoy the DM technique as it was taught and spontaneously began modifying it so that it mimicked the methodology used in Samyama. Once I did that, DM reeeaaally took off, and within a month before I quite AYP, my life had become a radical experience all day long of highly unusual coincidences (some seemingly miraculous, given how unrealistic these frequent coincidences would've been in my normal life), a sense of being just a witness to experiences occurring at all moments, a deep well of internal silence, extraordinary mental clarity, a pervasive happiness/gratitude/pleasure, a feeling of emotional imperturbability, and a sense of unconditional goodwill towards others -- even my boss at the time, who was a cruel and deeply disliked tyrant in my department.

But I didn't quite piece together that 100% of the benefits, success, and progress I'd experienced came from Samyama and the DM-Samyama hybrid technique I'd made.

In the intervening years since, I attempted to practice AYP 3 or maybe 4 times without success. Always starting with the standard routine of DM, asanas, and adding SBP after awhile twice daily. But I always ended up frustrated that, not only was it not doing anything, but it actually seemed to be making life more difficult. I always gave up before adding Samyama.

But recently I decided to revisit AYP since the last attempt a couple years ago. Except, having had experience with much of the baseline system, I decided to completely do away with the parts that I never liked and didn't feel I was getting anything out of.

.... which left me with Samyama. And this time, the DM-Samyama hybrid modification I'd made at my first go at AYP. And it feels wonderful. I tried to add DM as it is taught here, and found that the way it made me feel and my distaste for it was still unchanged. And as for SBP, I don't know that it's genuinely necessary (for me). My experience with all forms of kriya-like techniques over the years, including from the book I mentioned, as well as ones from other systems, like Taoism, is that they are more a distraction. Energy DOES flow within those paths, but moving the attention through them purposefully has never given me anything but trouble. Not the kundalini kind of trouble, but rather dullness, anti-social personality changes, difficulty with being able to think intelligently and clearly, etc.

But because I've gone 'off the rails' of AYP to do my own thing with it that doesn't seem to have any precedence, I'm left to wonder if anyone else has done this, too. Or what other's thoughts might be regarding this?

Thanks for your time and thoughtful responses.
Edited by - SuperTrouper on Feb 26 2020 7:32:21 PM

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2020 :  9:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I get a lot from the basic AYP practice, full mantra, just as it is, results do vary yogi to yogi. Samyama is the game changer, I?ll give you that

SuperTrouper
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2020 :  7:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

I get a lot from the basic AYP practice, full mantra, just as it is, results do vary yogi to yogi. Samyama is the game changer, I?ll give you that

See, that's what I thought the first time around. And the second and third.

And initially I tried it with the full mantra this 4th (or maybe 5th?) time around, but have come to conclude that it's only the methodology of samyama that does anything for me. And that's after having omitted everything but Samyama/DM-samyama hybrid, as well as trying a couple additional times to return to the standard DM. It's really more about the methodology of applying the mantra as samyama vs DM. If I practice DM the way that it's taught, I don't feel I really gain anything from it. But if I use the methodology of Samyama on DM (my samyama-DM hybrid), gently letting go of one syllable of i...am... every 10-15 seconds, then I get all the benefits of samyama while avoiding the drawbacks of DM.
Edited by - SuperTrouper on Mar 02 2020 10:25:10 PM

Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2020 :  1:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Supertrouper,

It sounds as if you overloaded yourself with too many practices, too fast. Taking on all of those energetic practices in such a short space of time can quite easily result in energetic overload, even for experienced practitioners.

I would suggest going back to the beginning, and building up a full-scope practice gradually, taking much more time between adding on one practice and the next. Even adding one new practice each month would be considered fast.

It could be that you are still experiencing energetic overload from overdoing things before, in which case proceed carefully, maybe even beginning with breathing meditation, rather than with the mantra. You could have made yourself over-sensitive to the AYP mantras. Nadi Shoddhana can also be used instead of spinal breathing, if you find SBP too much.

See this lesson on working with over-sensitivity to practices:

Lesson 367 - Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators

You may find the following 9 lesson additions useful as well. (Lesson additions 367.1 - 367.9)

Christi

SuperTrouper
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2020 :  2:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I appreciate it, but this isn't overload. I'm familiar with what that feels like in the context of different systems. This is just a better way of doing things. It works, directly, without all of the additional attachments. It is reminiscent of the flavor of the only times I've ever truly succeeded in meditation.

I was just seeing if anyone else had the same experience as me.

Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2020 :  4:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Supertouper,

The symptoms you are reporting- symptoms of "dullness, anti-social personality changes, difficulty with being able to think intelligently and clearly, etc." are symptoms of energetic overload, even though they may not be the symptoms of energetic overload that you are used to, or which you normally would associate with the term.

I wanted to point this out, because you may not be dealing with the issue in the most effective way. Samyama is not a silver bullet. No practice on its own is.

Of course, if you have found something that works for you, then that is also valid and can be explored. You may find this lesson useful:

Lesson 384 - Baseline Systems of Practice and Research on Modifications

Christi

kumar ul islam
United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  3:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
if the only thing you do is delay the mantra because you count or tend to pass a momentary amount of space between the repetition then this is just preliminary to what goes on after ,your not really using it as samyama as samyama comes after mantra use ,sometimes the mantra is fast sometimes slow ,non existent ,frictional ,depending on you ,your state your approach your intention belief etc ,in my experience mantra produces a state this carries on into normal life outside the practice ,sometimes good sometimes not so so good ,life happens it affects everything practice included ,bad boss bad weather ,bad president,the opposite also good food ,good children ,good nieghbours ,meditation is tool like any other pick it up,press its button ,drive fast slow ,the only rule is to repeat over and over and over again ,some doors close others open then close and open again .
Support for AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama / Attention, Intention and sutras
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 17, 2020, 08:23:21 AM »
reidmantra
United Arab Emirates
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  09:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hello All. Reidmantra here. I have a few questions about the sutras. When we practice each of the 9 sutras, what is the role of attention, intention, and desire? How do they all come together and unify in the actual practice of Samyama? For example, according to Yogani, the lightness sutra is supposed to be for `lightness of the body and passage through the skies' When I practice this sutra, what should I put my attention on? What should my desire be? If the desire or intention is to have the experience of lightness or spaciousness in the body, should/can I hold that desire gently and easily for the whole 5 minutes of practice? Thank you for any wisdom that you can provide me.

Ps. Your responses to me may generate new questions or questions for further clarification so I ask for your kindness and patience. - Reidmantra

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  11:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
When we practice each of the 9 sutras, what is the role of attention, intention, and desire? How do they all come together and unify in the actual practice of Samyama?

A great inquiry, I consider this often. I associate Radience with samyama, because the practice has an outward movement. Inner guru uses attention/intention interchangeably and Conductivity fuels yoga desire non stop in this reporter. My advice for Lightness, desire to surrender any preconceptions. Yes, hold spaciousness gently, acknowledge it, and desire to let that go. You may even feel it pass away.

Attention/intention is used to notice what to hold gently in the first place.

Hope we get more responses and viewpoints!
Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 30 2020 11:13:39 AM

reidmantra
United Arab Emirates
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  12:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Dogboy. Thank you for responding so quickly. When you say hold spaciousness gently, do you mean the (knowledge) that the body is really just empty space or the (feeling) of spaciousness? Being cerebral, I have an incredibly hard time creating/doctoring up a feeling of this, or a feeling of that. Secondly, after acknowledging spaciousness how long can or should I hold it before desiring to let it go. And once I do let it go for the 15 seconds, do I repeat that process every fifteen seconds for 5 minutes? Thank you for any further clarification. - Reidmantra

Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  2:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Reidmantra,

If in doubt about a particular practice, it is always good to go back to the lessons and check the instructions. This is the description of using the sutra "love" from lesson 150:

"In your easy silence, pick up, just once, the fuzziest feeling of the word "Love" in your own language. Don't deliberately make a clear pronunciation, or mental images of this or that scene or situation that represent Love to you. Just have a faint remembrance of Love, and then let go into your silence, the easy silence you are in as you pick up the faint meaning of Love. Don't contemplate Love or analyze it during samyama. Don't think about it at all. Just come to it once in a faint, subtle way, and then let go into silence. It is a subtle feeling of Love we are coming to, nothing more, and letting it go. Like that." [Yogani]

So, with the lightness sutra: "Akasha, lightness of air", we are bringing our attention to the faintest feeling of the sutra and releasing that immediately into silence. If you are not able to connect a feeling with the sutra, then just lightly picking up the sutra itself and releasing that will work, as the meaning of words are contained within the words themselves.

If the term "akasha" is not something you find it easy to relate to, you can replace it with "living inner space".

Once you release the sutra, simply let it go and rest in silence for 15 seconds. Then pick it up again and again let it go and so on, for 5-minutes.

See here from lesson 150:

"Having thought "Love" once, be in silence for about fifteen seconds. If any thoughts come, let them go easily. Don't look at the clock.... Then pick up the faint, fuzzy meaning of "Love" again, and let it go again into your silence for about fifteen seconds again.

That is two repetitions of samyama - twice picking up Love at its subtlest level of thought, and twice letting it go into inner silence." [Yogani]

And here from lesson 151:

"The body as "akasha" (living empty space) is the first step of the two-part lightness sutra. The second part, "lightness of air," moves inner silence, and our akasha-body with it. But it can only happen if we let the sutra go into silence. So it is with all divine manifestation, which includes everything in the cosmos. Everything we see and know emanates from vibrations flowing out from pure bliss consciousness." [Yogani]

When we are in silence (after releasing each sutra), we are not engaging either intention, or desire. These would count as thoughts and are simply released if we notice them arising.

Christi

reidmantra
United Arab Emirates
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  3:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you Christi. That helped me a lot!

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  9:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Yes, thank you Christi, worth the reread!

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  9:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Yogani, lesson 150:

? With meditation we are clearing out the obstructions in the subconscious mind and developing a clear awareness of our inner silence. With samyama we are acting directly within our inner silence to produce an outflow of positive effects that purify our nervous system and surroundings in powerful ways.

During samyama maybe we will feel some energy moving out from our silence. It can be experienced as physical, mental or emotional. Or maybe we won't feel much until later in activity, and then we are more loving and compassionate for no obvious external reason. We are changing from the inside. This is what samyama is - moving intentions from the divine level of silence in us out into external manifestation. ?

Simple as that.

Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  07:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
 [/\]
Support for AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama / Samyama sutra question
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 17, 2020, 08:21:56 AM »
Cato
Germany
65 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2020 :  10:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi all,

at the end of repeating each of the nine sutras twice, you continue for five minutes with "akasha - lightness of air".

Is there a reason for repeating that one and not another one? Or rather, can it be preferable to use "health" when you are fighting with health issues?

Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2020 :  10:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Cato,

If you have a particular sutra from the list of 9, that you would prefer to use for the last 5 minutes of the practice, then you can use that. See here from lesson 150:

"If you do each of these nine sutras twice in your samyama session, it will take about five minutes. If there is a particular one you feel the need to do more of, then add that on to the end and do samyama with it for another five minutes. The cycles remain at fifteen seconds, and we just keep going with that for five minutes, by the clock for that last five minutes. If there is no preference, then you can do the lightness sutra for five minutes at the end." [Yogani]

However it is good not to be switching sutras often as the power of the practice comes from going deep with a set of established sutras. So, don't be using "health" one week and then "abundance" the next.

This is from page 84 of the Samyama book:

"?when we begin a practice, we should commit to it in both structure and implementation over time,subject to adjustments required by prudent self-pacing, as necessary. This means aiming to keep our samyama routine and sutras reasonably stable overtime. It is how we will get the best results from them. When we do make additions or modifications, it should be with deliberation, and with the intent to stabilize the change in our routine." [Yogani]

Christi

Cato
Germany
65 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2020 :  11:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thanks Christi, this helps a lot!
Support for AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama / Re: Longer meditation time?
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 17, 2020, 08:21:10 AM »
Anahora
Sweden
12 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2019 :  1:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Is it okay to do breath meditation for as long as you like despite having a two 30 min pranayama and DM session, furthermore can I for instance do another 30 minutes of breath meditation directly after DM with or without rest?

Kind regards

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2019 :  6:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Welcome Anahora

The baseline AYP practices and time limits are considered safe and steady for most yogis, some require less and some desire more. Only you can police your practices, and keep in mind, there may be delayed purification; if you wish to increase time, do so in a gradual way. Rather than immediately adding thirty minutes, start with five for a few weeks to gauge how you are adjusting.

PS- always rest afterwards, it is an important step when moving from your inward attention to your outward attention.
Edited by - Dogboy on Dec 31 2019 6:53:09 PM
Support for AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama / The marijuana mudra and the witness
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 17, 2020, 08:18:23 AM »
interpaul
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2019 :  12:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Ok, marijuana isn't a mudra but I came to realize it has powerful effects on the energy pathways AYP stimulates. I have read a lot about the entheogenic powers of hallucinogens. Prior to starting my AYP practices I had found cannabis seemed to enhance an inner voice which seems somewhat similar to the witness. Since it is created by a chemical in the brain I've always had trouble trusting that voice but it has often opened me up to different ways of viewing areas I've been stuck. Since starting SBP/DM I am finding marijuana too stimulating and the witness seems to be telling me to self pace that addition. I'm just curious if you've had experiences with marijuana and its effects on the witness. Have you found marijuana helpful or harmful?

BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1550 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2019 :  4:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi interpaul
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul
Have you found marijuana helpful or harmful?

I'd recommend reading Lessons 29 and 307, in case you haven't read them yet.

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2019 :  8:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Now that EC is active, marijuana kicks up the bliss in me. When I?m out with friends, I?ve always got to weigh this fact. Pot smoking may be the reason you have been unstable as of late, so like with any additional ?practice? that it courting overload, you should parse it back or eliminate it all together.

interpaul
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2019 :  11:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you BlueRaincoat and Dogboy. I reviewed the two lessons above and the teachings make sense. Being someone who is highly interested in finding the "truth", marijuana does seem to unlock some parts of my brain that help me go deeper. It is a trap as I don't always trust the content, especially if it doesn't fit with a non altered state. When I posted some concerns awhile back about feeling too much energy and almost being in a panic, it made me worry a little AYP is unlocking similar centers in my brain. As Yogani points out in the lessons, developing the Witness helps to create stability during those times. I appreciate your ongoing support.
Support for AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama / Refinement of mantra
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 17, 2020, 08:17:59 AM »
AmyElda
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2019 :  9:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi there,

I?ve been lurking on this forum for a while. A while ago I read something, I think written by Christi, about how the mantra might change during your meditation but this is different than refinement. Can someone speak to this and explain what exactly is meant by each word? Refinement vs. changing of the mantra.

kumar ul islam
United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2019 :  09:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
for me the refinement is like an echo ,at first you continually make the internal sound the mantra ,after a while you hear the echo because your not making the sound and then the silence ,and it goes on, doing ,listening ,silence ,the mantra does not change as such its still ayam or whichever one you use but it becomes part of the stream ,its like thinking of an apple my apple has red spots yours maybe a pale green but its still an apple with appleness i hope that makes sense

Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2019 :  02:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Amy,

Welcome to the forums.

I have written in the past about the difference between the mantra changing and the mantra refining. The mantra changing into a different mantra, means that it becomes a different word. So, if AYAM become AYEEM or AIYEM, then it has changed into a different mantra. If that happens, then when we notice we are off the mantra, we come back to the mantra again. In other words, we would come back to AYAM.

The mantra refining is different. It means that the mantra becomes fuzzier and less clearly pronounced. If this is happening, then we can allow it to happen. It is a natural part of the process of the mind coming to stillness and silence. If it is happening, and we are losing the mantra at times during meditation, then when we realize we have lost the mantra, we come back to it at the same level of fuzziness and lack of clarity that it was at when we lost it. So, there is a natural progression inward towards silence.

In practice when I am teaching, I find that it is very rare for people to experience the mantra turning into a different mantra, and needing to correct that. However, the refinement of the mantra is very common, especially for long-term practitioners.

The mantras used in AYP are used for their sound vibration only. So, the actual meanings of the mantras are not important. They are however all Sanskrit words, with meanings.

The full AYP mantra is: SHREE OM SHREE OM AYAM AYAM NAMAH NAMAH.

The meanings are:

SHREE: Shining or radiating an inner light.

OM: The primordial sound of the universe/ creation. A sound which can be heard in deep states of meditation.

AYAM: This.

NAMAH: That is revered/ honoured.

You may find this lesson useful. It covers the ways in which the different AYP mantras work:

Lesson 188 - Mantra Design 101

Christi

Blanche
USA
606 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2019 :  07:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Replacing the I AM/AYAM mantra with another word means that we are not with the mantra, and when we notice this we easily come back to the mantra.

Christi describes very well how the mantra refines.

Mantra also changes during each session, and from session to session. The mantra is sometimes fast and sometimes slow, with some longer or shorter pauses. Sometimes the mantra is very quiet and sometimes is very loud. There have been times when, as the meditation time approached, the mantra became so loud that it was hard to hear anything else and the vision became blurry. Nothing to worry about ? these effects disappeared after the meditation session.

When we say that ?we meditate,? we may expect that we control the process. In many ways, meditation is like the settling of the water in a glass. We cannot actively stop the movements of the water in the glass. The more we move the glass or interfere in the process, the more the water will move. The only way for the water to settle is to stop touching the glass. If we simply allow it, the water will settle and come to stillness. The same with the mind: If we simply allow the mantra to go as it may, without as imposing a rhythm, a volume, a level of clarity or fuzziness, the process of purification will proceed in the most effective way, and the mind will naturally come to a place of stillness.

Stille
Germany
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2019 :  2:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Great thread and great answers

AmyElda
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2019 :  8:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you everyone!!

Another forum on mantra mediation that I lurk on is maintained by a former TM teacher and he said this about this topic....

"One way to answer your question a little more directly is to note that the mental pronunciation of a mantra tends to change from time to time spontaneously. The insertion of an additional sound is an example of a possible modification. If such a modification happens by itself, spontaneously, it does not reduce the effectiveness of the mantra in any way (it actually increases the effectiveness, which is why it happens). Such changes in pronunciation might last a few seconds, or recur in many meditation sessions. In all such cases we take it as it comes, not minding if the mantra changes to something else and not minding if it changes back again."

So, according to the way you teach this technique Christi, the above statement is incorrect?

Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2019 :  06:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AmyElda

Thank you everyone!!

Another forum on mantra mediation that I lurk on is maintained by a former TM teacher and he said this about this topic....

"One way to answer your question a little more directly is to note that the mental pronunciation of a mantra tends to change from time to time spontaneously. The insertion of an additional sound is an example of a possible modification. If such a modification happens by itself, spontaneously, it does not reduce the effectiveness of the mantra in any way (it actually increases the effectiveness, which is why it happens). Such changes in pronunciation might last a few seconds, or recur in many meditation sessions. In all such cases we take it as it comes, not minding if the mantra changes to something else and not minding if it changes back again."

So, according to the way you teach this technique Christi, the above statement is incorrect?

Hi Amy,

That statement is about Transcendental Meditation (TM), not about AYP Deep Meditation. They are different meditation techniques, so we need to be careful about taking something written about one technique and applying it to another.

In AYP Deep Meditation, whenever we realize that we are off the mantra, we come back to the mantra again. So, it is a very simple technique, which works the same way for everyone, going all the way in.

As we practice, the mantra will refine and changes take place during that process. Eventually it will refine to stillness (samadhi). During the process of refinement, at some point it becomes impossible to say if it is one sound or another. It can even become a continuous stream of sound. But if we are operating at a level of mind where we can distinguish an actual sound, and that sound is different from the mantra, then we come back to the mantra again.

This is a quote from Yogani writing on this subject:

"If pronunciation is faint and fuzzy (non-pronounceable) when we come back to the mantra, then we stay with that and it will refine further from there into stillness. If we come back and pronunciation is clear enough to where we can distinguish (pronounce) another sound that is different from I AM, then we favor I AM. In other words, we treat any other recognizable (conscious) sound in the mind like any other thought and favor I AM.

When the mantra is faint and fuzzy, we don't have to labor over whether it is refined I AM or refined something else. We just go with it and transcend. Over time the whole process becomes automatic at all levels in the mind." [Yogani]

and again:

"When the mantra is refining, ... we let it change however it will. But when we find ourselves back in surface thoughts (clear pronunciation), then we easily favor the I AM mantra over any other thought that we have noticed we are thinking, including some other mantra. When it is refining, and changing to a faint a fuzzy feeling, then we can pick it up at that refined level of feeling whatever it is. But when we are in the realm of clear pronunciation, we favor the I AM mantra (or whatever enhancement we are doing) over any other thought.

If we did not do this, the procedure would not be AYP deep meditation. It would be, "Start with I AM and then use any thought that happens to come up as your mantra after that." With that approach, any thought that popped up would be fair game to use as the mantra. That's not the AYP procedure." [Yogani]

Christi

Blanche
USA
606 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2019 :  06:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
This statement is also correct. If we change the mantra, that is just a deviation from the practice, as Christi explains. If the mantra changes by itself, then this is part of the process of refinement. This may seem like a small difference, but it is fundamental, and it is obvious with practice.

Let?s say that we want to drive north. If we just pick up the north direction on our compass and start to drive in that direction in disregard of roads, we will find that we run into problems right away, and progress is difficult. This is similar with us imposing the course of the mantra. However, if we start following the roads in the general north direction, and we continue driving on the road even when the road turns to east, south, and west at times, we will make faster progress toward north. This second case is like following the mantra and allowing it to change and refine as it may.

The TM teacher mentions the insertion of other sounds in the mantra. This is another level of refinement, where the mantra refines to sound. Compared with this level, all the changes and refinements of the mantra discussed above are external. As mantra refines to sound, the complexity of the sound, the pitch and intensity could still adjust from practice to practice, as well as during a single practice. The experience of the mantra changes: At the beginning, the mantra becomes gradually a distinct one point, then a thread that we follow, a road, a wide river, and keeps expanding gradually to include everything ? it is everything. Much more could be said, but the best advice remains to practice and see for yourself.

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2019 :  10:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
At the beginning, the mantra becomes gradually a distinct one point, then a thread that we follow, a road, a wide river, and keeps expanding gradually to include everything ? it is everything. Much more could be said, but the best advice remains to practice and see for yourself.

This happened to me.

Blanche
USA
606 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2019 :  6:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Dogboy 
redbushlighter
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2019 :  1:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi everyone.

I've been using the "shree shree I am I am" mantra for a couple months now. I had a premature kundalini awakening almost 2 years ago and it was recently pointed out to me that using this specific mantra makes one susceptible to energy overload as it stimulates the crown chakra in particular. So I've been wanting to cease using this one, as I often feel overloaded.

Specifically, I feel overloaded around my throat chakra. The energy has descended further down to my heart chakras since taking up solar centering a couple times a week, however it's still quite uncomfortable sometimes during meditation. During pranayama, energy tends to get stuck in the same part (on my spine right behind where my throat/chest is.)

Btw, my practice is 10min pranyama and 20min DM 2x a day, although I've been having to cut the DM short more frequently lately due to overload.

I feel like I'm ready for a change in practice as this isn't really feeling like it's working for me as effectively anymore.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all

SeySorciere
Seychelles
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2019 :  11:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Dear redbushlighter,

Is there a reason you started with this mantra enhancement instead of the recommended "I AM"? I get the impression you are already a sensitive person and I would not recommend you pick and choose practices at random, be it AYP ones or others. Stick to the AYP Lessons and go in that sequence.

Also if you are overloading cut first on pranayama - down to 5 mins, then deep meditation to 15 mins. There is a ratio to be maintained here... cutting back only on DM is not the recommended way. Pranayama is the energetic component and usually the culprit to overloading, albeitedly one can overload on DM also. The type of overload experienced feel different. Too much pranayama and you feel hyper and irritated and in extreme kundalini overload, psychotic /dark. Too much meditattion would make you feel sluggish and fuzzy / can't think; "out there-ish"

Good luck

Sey

redbushlighter
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2019 :  10:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear redbushlighter,

Is there a reason you started with this mantra enhancement instead of the recommended "I AM"? I get the impression you are already a sensitive person and I would not recommend you pick and choose practices at random, be it AYP ones or others. Stick to the AYP Lessons and go in that sequence.

Also if you are overloading cut first on pranayama - down to 5 mins, then deep meditation to 15 mins. There is a ratio to be maintained here... cutting back only on DM is not the recommended way. Pranayama is the energetic component and usually the culprit to overloading, albeitedly one can overload on DM also. The type of overload experienced feel different. Too much pranayama and you feel hyper and irritated and in extreme kundalini overload, psychotic /dark. Too much meditattion would make you feel sluggish and fuzzy / can't think; "out there-ish"

I actually did start with I AM however I think I got a bit eager and moved on to the first enhancement too quickly... after about a month. Maybe 3 weeks.

Thanks for the reply. I knew there was a ratio to maintain however I wasn't consciously aware of the side-effects of too much pranayama and DM on their own.

Christi
United Kingdom
3684 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2019 :  03:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Redbushlighter,

With the mantra enhancements, it is good to become well established with a particular mantra, before taking on any enhancement. "Well established" would mean at least 6-months to one-year. Changing a mantra every 6-months would be on the fast side.

There are also pre-conditions for taking on any mantra enhancement. These would include already being stable with your existing mantra. So, if you are already experiencing instability in your body, then that would not be the time to take on an enhancement.

So, I would recommend staying with the basic AYAM mantra for now and for quite a while into the future. You are right, that the SHREE mantra specifically targets the crown chakra, which is the least stable chakra in the body. So, if you are experiencing symptoms of energetic overload, then all the more reason to stick with the basic mantra.

If you are experiencing issues with your throat chakra, this can be caused simply by having too much energy rising up through the body and hitting a blockage at the throat. Using a specific mantra to target this chakra, may not help matters, as it could cause more prana to rise in the body, creating issues further up in the higher centres (ajna and crown).

In the AYP system, self-pacing is recommended to deal with energetic overload, rather than attempting to micro-manage chakras. As Sey mentioned, cutting down to 5 mins of SBP and 15 mins of Deep Meditation would be a good first step. If you are still getting issues, then you should cut back on timings further until you find a stable level of practice. Then, once you have been stable with your practices for a while, you can gradually begin to build back up again.

Self-pacing is an art, and is possibly one of the greatest arts in yoga. If we can master it, then we can always be progressing at the fastest pace possible, because we are always practicing at the most efficient level for the condition of our nervous system at any given time.

You may find this lesson useful:

Lesson 116 - Meditation - First Enhancement of Mantra

"If we shift into the second gear too soon, what happens? We bog down and don't get much out of it, because there is not enough speed yet. Shifting too soon is a strain, and does not help us go faster. Taking on a mantra enhancement is like that. If we have smoothness and good depth in meditation with I AM, we can think about moving to the first enhancement. It could be in a few months after starting, or it could be in a few years. Everyone is different." [Yogani]

You may also find this lesson on self-pacing useful:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Christi
Support for AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama / Re: Deep Meditation "I AM" Mantra
« Last post by AYPadmin on April 17, 2020, 08:15:56 AM »
Hayley
United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2019 :  05:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Now I understand why the 'I am' mantra is used in Deep Meditation. Prior to practising this meditation I would consciously & unconsciously make the statement 'I am.....' throughout my day continually swept along by these false identifications and led to suffering.
Now I am starting to discover that whenever I say 'I am' I become instantly reminded of the truth behind the statement 'I am' that what I was about to say following this claim becomes instantly absurd & is stopped in it's tracks.
If I go to say 'I am angry' then I suddenly realise this statement is false because I am none of these things I claim and am simply choosing that identification in the moment, and where will it lead me?
The Deep Meditation is definitely helping me become more centred & rooted in the truth. I am starting to see this truth much clearer.
The Paranayama is giving me a lot more energy. I am thinking clearer and able to get on with my tasks better and I am sleeping better at night and waking up energised instead of feeling like a character from the Walking Dead!
I used to get a lot of anxiety because I'd jump into panic mode too easily where a little mole hill becomes a mountain. Heart racing adrenaline spikes. Which is why I found it hard to drive cars. But now I am finding myself becoming more calmer and developing a more laid back approach of a 'oops', 'oh dear', 'never mind' instead of a gasp of inner terror.
All seems to be going well, Thank you Yogani.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10