Author Topic: Bhramacharya?  (Read 1480 times)

thundu

Bhramacharya?
« on: February 05, 2006, 05:41:25 PM »
hi
this may be a repeated question sorry for that...
We all know thoughts are also energy ...
If we are involved in tantric masturbation(TM)... then we have to spend thoughts to get excited... ... we also loose energy in TM...that might disturb us even after TM...this might result in obsession... only very few people can do that effectively....Do you have any other method? do you think TM is Better than Celibacy? To cultivate Sexual energy pranayama and meditation alone will be helpful? or should i have to do some more practices to cultivate it effectively?

Jim and His Karma

Bhramacharya?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 08:43:24 AM »
Sexual energy is so tricky to manage that one ought not cultivate more of it until one has cultivated the ability to channel it. Which requires clean, slippery nadis and a good amount of inner silence. What I am saying is just another way of expressing AYP's philosophy of self-pacing.

You don't turn up the pressure on a fire house until you're pretty sure 1. the line is pretty clear and 2. you have ability to control its outflow. Please forgive unintentional phallic symbolism.

And if you're ready for it, then it'll be natural to add it in. And when you do, AYP has a very clear roadmap, and I recommend it very highly!

thundu

Bhramacharya?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 04:00:47 AM »
Jim thanks again....I like this sentence " Sexual energy is so tricky to manage that one ought not cultivate more of it until one has cultivated the ability to channel it"

I am in the initial stage ....I do asanas, pranayama and meditation....
Now i dont release my semen... thats disturbing me after my AYP session some times.... some times i do blocking method... even that is not helping  me ....Urge is devloping daily.... wat should i do now....i think if i can channelise the sexual energy , problem will be solved.... how to do that.... i thought spinal breathig will help me but i dont think its helping me...Is it better to release the sperm regularly instead of accumulating it??? if yes what should be the time interval to release the semen????

Jim and His Karma

Bhramacharya?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 05:29:20 AM »
Yeah, I understand your confusion. It IS confusing. But these questions are answered in AYP (and, even more, the AYP Tantra lessons). Listen, Yogani explains it better than any of us can...he is unbelievably good at making confusing things simple and understandable and practical. Please give it all a good solid read (buy the book...it's much easier than reading with your browser).

If you get through the whole thing and still have questions, come to the forum and I'll think of crazy analogies for you and others will chime in with their perspectives. But right now I'm not sure you need a lot of people telling you what to do. You need AYP.

yogani99

• http://www.aypsite.org
Bhramacharya?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 06:03:39 AM »
quote:
I am in the initial stage ....I do asanas, pranayama and meditation.... Now i dont release my semen... thats disturbing me after my AYP session some times.... some times i do blocking method... even that is not helping me ....Urge is devloping daily.... wat should i do now....i think if i can channelise the sexual energy , problem will be solved.... how to do that.... i thought spinal breathig will help me but i dont think its helping me...Is it better to release the sperm regularly instead of accumulating it??? if yes what should be the time interval to release the semen????

Hi Thundu:

This one comes up often in my email and it has been discussed here too -- young men doing what young men do, or maybe not so young. It is as inevitable as the menstrual cycle, part of nature, and certainly not the end of yoga as has been so direly predicted by those celibate yogis who live in caves off in the mountains somewhere.

I think the dialog in lesson T46 offers some reasonable suggestions on this, as does the discussion here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=589
(And Jim is right -- you will do well to read all the AYP tantra lessons for the full picture.)

The key to the whole thing is in what we favor over the long term. If we are favoring expansion of sexual energy upward, we will favor the means and in time it will happen.

In my case, I had been meditating 15 years, was well into my 30s, and had three children by the time I finally saw a decisive turn in sexual energy -- and even then, that was only the beginning and it took a long time afterward to develop. I was not really working on it much before then, and the means were practically unknown. Would expansion of sexual energy (and ecstatic conductivity) have happened sooner if I had known the means and been working on it in my 20s? Who knows? What was important was that I was meditating all the way through those early years, and that ultimately led to the process of expansion of sexual function. It always gets back to inner silence, you know.

Things are very different now. If a young man (or woman) is moved to begin working on the expansion of sexual energy upward at an early age, an arsenal of tools is available, and we have a much clearer understanding of what is involved experientially. This does not mean a nervous system that needs 10 years to purify and open can now do it in one year. It just means we don't have to spend most of our time trying to figure out how it is done. That is the benefit of open source information.

Gentle persistence over the long haul and a step-by-step approach are necessary. That is what self-pacing is all about. It will be good to not get too rushed and stressed about it. Just favor what you know is in the right direction. And when you fall off, just get up and keep going. That is how it is done.

I don't expect anyone here will have to be meditating for 15 years before ecstatic conductivity begins to stir. On the other hand, it will be what it will be. It is an interplay of each person's bhakti and the level of purification in the individual nervous system ... combined with application of the tools available. With these three components well understood and utilized, the task can be accomplished in due course. What that "due course" is will be different for each of us. Just know that everything we do in that direction will be for the good and we will not lose what we have gained.    

The guru is in you.

thundu

Bhramacharya?
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 04:17:51 AM »
As you all said i read the tantra....As yogani said i will wait for the inner silence ....I do masterbate... In the mean time(till i get innner silence) if i masterbate and release my semen..will it affect my meditation and pranyama?...

Another question.... i am now comfortable and i feel relaxed with pranayama... i planned to add mulabandha yesterday..... by adding mulabandha i spoiled my pranayama session... i wasted 10 min ....what happened was when i flexed my anal sphincter( i feel a small physical movement in anus region ), it unflexed within a second....when i tried to make it flexed for a long time, my pranayama gets affected....what should i do know?

one more question
while meditating ,we mentally repeat I AM, when we realise that we are not, we have to come back....but what happens to me is at the same time  i  am having other thoughts....Simultaneously i am thinking about I AM and other things....its like a background music in a film....what should i do know ?...should i ignore that other thoughts and concentrate on I AM?.....or can i leave it as it is.

Regarding book, I dont think its available in india, that too south india...i would love to read a book on yoga , mind,etc...especially  Yogani book....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 05:16:23 AM by thundu »

yogani99

Bhramacharya?
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 05:33:18 AM »
Hi Thundu:

All of the practices have what I call in the lessons a "clunky stage." This is just going through the awkward beginnings and getting familiar and steady in a new practice. It is wise to move beyond the clunky stage in one practice before considering moving on to the next practice. In fact, it is even wiser to move well beyond clunky and into good clarity and smoothness in a practice for some months before adding on. That will give the best chance of not getting too far ahead of ourselves, and bogged down.

As for the masturbation, do your best to have some discipline about it. Holdback and blocking as discused in the tantra lessons can help a lot over time, and consider the count method in connection with holdback too. All of these methods have a clunky stage as well. Rome was not built in a day.

It may seem strange, but those who have some excessive feelings in sexuality can have an advantage, IF some disciplne can be brought to bear on the situtation. That is a big IF, of course. What might look like a spiritual liability now, can turn into an advantage later on.  

Bottom line: Strong sensuality and sexuality can become strong ecstatic conductivity, if the appropriate means are applied consistently over time.

And all the little bumps in the road you are experiencing? It looks like you are in clunky stages with several practices at once there. Maybe slow down and take things on one at a time. You can take it all on -- one at a time. [:)]

The guru is in you.

yogani99

Bhramacharya?
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 05:43:56 AM »
PS -- Maybe others can chime in on the mantra with thoughts questions, and anything else I left uncovered. Running out the door here...

One more thing: All the AYP books are available worldwide in ebook format, but in western (dollar) pricing, which I know is tough in India. I am working to have the ebooks available in India (rupee) pricing, which will be much more affordable there. Also, there is an ongoing effort to have the physical books published in India. Sooner or later, it will happen, and then we will have overcome the cost and distance barriers.

Anouncements will be put on the AYP web sites and here in the forum when progress is achieved in these things.

Information on the AYP book offerings can be found here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/books.html

weaver

Bhramacharya?
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 07:59:27 AM »
Hi Thundu,
I will just fill in on your question about thoughts in meditation. You are doing fine if you follow the procedure that you just stated, to come back to the mantra when you realise you are not. So, you don't engage in the other thoughts, instead favor the mantra. It is a process of gentle persuasion of the mind, and the thoughts will over time be less and shorter, and it will be easier to be with the mantra.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 09:10:51 AM by weaver »

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
Bhramacharya?
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 09:06:56 AM »
If you can't control masturbation release, you can draw that energy into your spinal nerve by breathing IN, and doing spinal breathing to move the energy up and down.

The important thing is to practice twice a day, for a half hour, or whatever is right for you according to AYP lessons.
I find that there will be more thoughts if I have had coffee or tea or a stressfull day, and
at other times less thoughts.
Usually there are less thoughts if I look forward to the meditation and make it a priority, rather than forcing myself to fit it into a busy day.

You have to create the intention of a quiet meditation without distracting thoughts before you start.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 09:13:15 AM by Etherfish »

thundu

Bhramacharya?
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »
thanks a lot YOGIS....
i cannot read the read books for a long time in Computer...physical book would be better
"Also, there is an ongoing effort to have the physical books published in India"
I am very eagerly expecting the physical books