Author Topic: Quotes We Like  (Read 729 times)

Frank-in-SanDiego

Quotes We Like
« on: December 04, 2005, 01:12:58 PM »
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Hello Folks,
Any one care to share some quotes that you find inspiring, enjoyable or insightful? or funny ? to balance out life's speed bumps? ... thought this would be kinda fun to start.

Let me provide one that I have found most insightful:

"There never was a time when I was not, nor you , nor these rulers of men. Nor will there ever be a time when all of us shall cease to be"

Krsna's talk to Arjuna - Chapt 2, sutra 12; Bhagavad-gita

Frank In San Diego
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 02:02:02 PM by Anthem »

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
Quotes We Like
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 02:03:47 PM »
Hi Frank,

Hope you don't mind, I had to re-post this in "Illuminated Poetry and Quotations"

david_obsidian

Quotes We Like
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 01:37:05 AM »

Frank,

what translation is that one from which you took the quote?  I think I saw it before and I like it....

Frank-in-SanDiego

Quotes We Like
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 11:00:42 AM »
Hari Om
~~~~~

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by david_obsidian

what translation is that one from which you took the quote? I think I saw it before and I like it....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Quote from the Gita was from Maharashi Mahesh Yogi - "The Bhagavad-Gita, A New Translation and Commentary - Chapters 1-6"

Let me leave you with a quote by Vashista from the Yoga Vasisthi:
"Even as heat is to fire, liquidity to water, sweetness to sugercane, brightness to illumination, oil to mustard seed ....the universe is to consciousness. The world exists because consciousness is."

Peace,

Frank In San Diego

Frank In San Diego