Author Topic: 'Shivering' experience  (Read 639 times)

zenflesh

'Shivering' experience
« on: September 14, 2008, 05:17:22 AM »
Namaste' friends!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question however I just wanted to get some feedback on something.

Yesterday morning when I meditated -after SPB with Sambhavi and Mulabandha- I had a strange experience. I was in deep meditation and only what I could feel was my heartbeat. I was just in tune with (along with the mantra) my heartbeat and the rhythm was so prominant that I was totally absorbed in that. Then it started increasing its pace and the rhythm became so quick abruptly (I dont know if my heart beat also became quick) that I was shivering my whole body in tune with the rhythm for 30 secs or so. So much shivering that (oracles in my village temples do that :) -in India) i was physically shivering all my body in sidhasana. then it reached to its culmination and there was a small erection as well. It was a mini orgasm like. Please explain as to what had happened to me. I was unknowingly or knowingly contributing to this rhythem by rocking my body gently (I guess) in tune with my heartbeat in the beginning. and the same thing happened in today's two sessions as well but not as intense. It was a very pleasurable feeling.
any similar experiences? Thoughts?
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 06:14:38 AM by zenflesh »

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
'Shivering' experience
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:36:09 PM »
Hi Zenflesh,

quote:
Yesterday morning when I meditated -after SPB with Sambhavi and Mulabandha- I had a strange experience. I was in deep meditation and only what I could feel was my heartbeat. I was just in tune with (along with the mantra) my heartbeat and the rhythm was so prominant that I was totally absorbed in that. Then it started increasing its pace and the rhythm became so quick abruptly (I dont know if my heart beat also became quick) that I was shivering my whole body in tune with the rhythm for 30 secs or so. So much shivering that (oracles in my village temples do that :) -in India) i was physically shivering all my body in sidhasana. then it reached to its culmination and there was a small erection as well. It was a mini orgasm like. Please explain as to what had happened to me. I was unknowingly or knowingly contributing to this rhythem by rocking my body gently (I guess) in tune with my heartbeat in the beginning. and the same thing happened in today's two sessions as well but not as intense. It was a very pleasurable feeling.
any similar experiences? Thoughts?

I think it is the right place to ask this question. [:)]

What is happening is that your senses are becoming internalized through deep meditation (pratyahara) and are focussing on your physical heart. As a result of this your heart chakra is opening which causes changes in the physical heart beat. Your heart chakra opening will cause the kundalini to rise which is making your body shiver from the inside.

The rising kundalini is also activating your first and second chakra (mulhadara and swadistana) which in turn is causing the erection and sexual feelings.

It is all a sign of good things happening, and of rising spiritual energy. Don't get distracted by it, as it may continue for quite a while, changing gradually and refining over time. Remember to stay focussed on the mantra during meditation and everything else will happen as it should.

Christi

zenflesh

'Shivering' experience
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 10:10:08 PM »
quote:

I think it is the right place to ask this question. [:)]

What is happening is that your senses are becoming internalized through deep meditation (pratyahara) and are focussing on your physical heart. As a result of this your heart chakra is opening which causes changes in the physical heart beat. Your heart chakra opening will cause the kundalini to rise which is making your body shiver from the inside.

The rising kundalini is also activating your first and second chakra (mulhadara and swadistana) which in turn is causing the erection and sexual feelings.

It is all a sign of good things happening, and of rising spiritual energy. Don't get distracted by it, as it may continue for quite a while, changing gradually and refining over time. Remember to stay focussed on the mantra during meditation and everything else will happen as it should.

Christi

Thanks Christi!
Yes there was intense pulsation on the Muladhara spot as well during the whole episode. I was not physically paying attention to my Heart though. However once the DM is over, if I lie down for a while, I have a feeling as if my nipples are being carassed (gently) externally.
THanks for the reply