Author Topic: Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka  (Read 564 times)

brushjw

Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka
« on: July 01, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
When I first read about sleep and dream yoga, the concept of dreaming images more vivid than those experienced while awake seemed interesting but somewhat farfetched.  I wasn’t even sure I dreamed in color.  

Beginning a few months ago, I occasionally experienced vivid images in the twilight just before sleep.  My eyes would rapidly move as though in sleep REM, but I was fully conscious.  Images appeared in rapid succession, perhaps 3-5 images per second.  The images were indeed more vivid than awake vision.  I just laid back and enjoyed the show.  This happened only three or four times.

My latest DNOTS has resulted in quite a lessening of fear associated with the fruit of my meditative absorption and AYP practices.  I just don’t seem to care anymore.  I’m not sure if this is healthy but it seems to have accelerated my progress now that I’m allowing things to happen more.  My work on opening the third eye (anja) chakra has also helped my AYP practice.  I think perhaps I had a blockage that I had to work out through more specific energy/attention.  

For the last week or so my spine has begun sporadically tingling throughout the day.  I experience occasional waves of pleasure up my spine and in my crown like a jazz pianist playing a quick lively melody.  The feeling is nice but not so extreme that I think I need to worry about self-pacing.  It’s nice to finally have hit my stride.  As I type this my crown tingled and now has a warm glowing feeling in a patch about 6” in diameter.  Nice.

Last night I tried yoni mudra kumbhaka for the first time.  During my first breath I immediately perceived small, rapidly shifting geometric forms outlined in yellow-orange.  They quickly subsided into the white light of the Star.  The Star is mentioned in Lessons 92 (http://www.aypsite.com/plus/92.html) and 179 and in TI’s wonderful topic “Into a big black void” (http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=3413&whichpage=1) – thank you again TI! [:)]

The Star was quite bright, commanded my attention, felt very right (no fear) and almost seemed that I’m re-learning something I once knew.  When I opened my eyes I thought for a few seconds that I would be seeing an aftervision – it was that bright – but I was too involved in technique to make an observation.  On my second breath the geometric forms – octagonals in a shifting honeycomb pattern – reappeared, slightly larger, moving a bit slower, more vivid.  They made way for several bright points of light, then a black void appeared, about the size of the Star, with a ring of light around it.  The third breath was more of the void, with the ring of light more defined.  The fourth breath brought back the Star again.  It seems that if I’m careful with technique the Star appears; if not I get the void.

Namaste,
Joe
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 08:37:28 AM by AYPforum »

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »
hi joe,

i've never experienced the vision of the star though it would be nice if i did but i always get the vision of a yellow orange ring with a christal like void in it's middle.

kind regards,

Ananda